PDA

View Full Version : PS3 patch 1.01 list of changes

Nike-it
12-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Here is the full list of changes:

* keyboard support (in custom layout)
* Full mapping for buttons and axes was added
* Support of PC mouse for camera view was added
* adaptive Vsync (to prevent screen tearing in some cases)
* fixed significant performance drops on Berlin missions
* B-17 damage model tuned
* indicator distance of far away aircrafts on Simulator level increased
* Freezes in SP and MP fixed
* MP disconnections fixed
* some performance drops fixed
* in some cases unexpected behavior in Strike mode and Mustang P-51 had handling issues
* fixed voice chat issues that prevented some players from hearing others
* fixed rare disconnects from lobby when 12+ players with headsets were connecting to same lobby
* changes in score calculation for multiplayer leaderboards
* Message "Flaps Jammed" was added
* Button to create game was added to "No games available" message
* MP balancing: 5 points for air victory, -1 point for death
* Settings are saved always now, even if player changed it during the mission and exit to XMB
* Partially support of PC flight sticks was added
* Players in MP score tables sort by points now
* Players who leave MP game recolour in grey in score table
* Enemies AI and allies AI were improved
* AAA guns make more damage to player now
* Redout and Blackout were returned (Realistic/Simulator)
* Condition for unlock Ta-152 was changed. New condition is "Play 1 MP game"
* New control layout for Simulator added
* Separate firing from guns and machineguns added. Press R2 with 30% effort to fire from machineguns, press R2 with full effort for firing from machineguns and guns together
* Added sound for Stall
* Landing brakes on fligh stick were fixed
* Guns and machineguns recharging was added for "Ulimited ammo" setting.

stealth finger
12-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Nice, so can we take it this is also what's being addressed in the xbox patch (apart from the obvious ps3 bits) and do you know if/when it will be submitted to ms?

InfiniteStates
12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
LOL tip:

If you die with combat flaps engaged, raise them as soon as you respawn before you dive, else they will insta-jam :evil:

The B17 is very hard to down now - it's going to walk over strike matches even more. Rockets still work on them though >:]

edal86
12-08-2009, 09:58 AM
P-47 was fixed also, this thing is a beast (out turns bf 109 k4 and probably the bf109 g6 too)

Steyr_amr
12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
So the Würger wasn't touched at all?

edal86
12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
So the Würger wasn't touched at all?

it feels like they did fix it a bit on the turns and speed, I like how it takes longer for you to black out compared to other fighters, those german seats work lol

Jazzy Jase
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM
"Partially support of PC flight sticks was added"

Can you expand on this? Which Flight Sticks are supported? I'm specifically interested in the MS Sidewinder 2.

Nike-it
12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Nice, so can we take it this is also what's being addressed in the xbox patch (apart from the obvious ps3 bits) and do you know if/when it will be submitted to ms?

Sorry, I don't have any info about XboX patch.

InfiniteStates
12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
...I like how it takes longer for you to black out compared to other fighters, those german seats work lol
I don't get this - it seems ridiculously easy to blackout in the Spitfire when trying to turn with a 109... I thought blackout/redout was a property of physical forces on the pilot. How does the plane affect this? Shouldn't the same force cause an effect at the same threshold no matter what the plane?

Maybe I need to find a slower plane (as I'm still using the old aviator layout, which is either WEP, 55% or 0% throttle)...?

mattd27
12-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Impressive.:) Bring on the XBox patch!

trk29
12-08-2009, 01:09 PM
LOL tip:

If you die with combat flaps engaged, raise them as soon as you respawn before you dive, else they will insta-jam :evil:

The B17 is very hard to down now - it's going to walk over strike matches even more. Rockets still work on them though >:]

I was playing CTA and went into a dive, lowered my landing gear and lowered my flaps to landing, and then it said flaps jammed... :grin:

Dig-it
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Why didn't you post ALL the patch notes? You know the fixes to all the planes? Can you please do that so we all know what planes have been fixed besides the fw190s and the p-51s

durangodoug
12-08-2009, 03:30 PM
The P47 got reworked too, it now flies like a fighter/bomber. I only flew the FW190 A5 last night, I noticed it does handle better, the roll rate is a lot better than some other fighters in the game now.

biophil12
12-08-2009, 06:48 PM
I used to laugh at the Flak guns.

But now, they are a threat, Especially when flying low over them in a Bomber, But even Fighters can be damaged easily.

I'm very happy that the P-51 D isn't a Pig anymore though.

Factor
12-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Flak is now murderous. To destroy ground targets around any Flak guns, i have to come in tree top level and fast. Which makes targeting very difficult when playing with all HUD disabled.

biophil12
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Flak is now murderous. To destroy ground targets around any Flak guns, i have to come in tree top level and fast. Which makes targeting very difficult when playing with all HUD disabled.

Yup. It also doesn't help that the screen shakes every time they fire.

ontheborderland
12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Have the conditions for unlocking aircraft been changed as previously discussed?

irrelevant
12-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Have the conditions for unlocking aircraft been changed as previously discussed?

yes, and weapons too. in my first post-patch online match, i managed to unlock two planes and two sets of weapons. ;)

me.too
12-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I got the Bombs for the P51 after I destroyed a single ground target :)

By the way, did anyone fly the P51 in arcade mode? This plane now behaves worse than before...
Its like it wants to stall and spin now sometimes. Really strange!

Wissam24
12-08-2009, 11:19 PM
How do you jam the flaps in the first place?

Oh and is the TA unlock now for EVERYONE?

flynlion
12-08-2009, 11:34 PM

Any difference in how the bombsight looks? On 360 it can be very difficult to see the aiming reticule, sometimes making ground attack missions more annoying than fun.

trk29
12-08-2009, 11:38 PM
How do you jam the flaps in the first place?

Oh and is the TA unlock now for EVERYONE?

I've jammed them while in landing mode going down to fast.

Yes I believe one win in MP will unlock the plane. But the turn rate sucks.

biophil12
12-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I got the Ta after I won my first online match. And I didn't buy the DLC.

flynlion: Bombsight remains the same...:(

edal86
12-09-2009, 02:46 AM
I've jammed them while in landing mode going down to fast.

Yes I believe one win in MP will unlock the plane. But the turn rate sucks.

yes, I like this feature too. Before you could use your flaps and gear to decrease your speed in a fraction of a second, now if you are going too fast and apply landing flaps you will jammed them, just like in il2 1946 :) I seem to be able to set my flaps to take off more often now.

I wonder if the same happens if you are going too fast when lowering the gear, has anyone tried this to see if you get "Gear Damaged"?

trk29
12-09-2009, 02:48 AM
yes, I like this feature too. Before you could use your flaps and gear to decrease your speed in a fraction of a second, now if you are going too fast and apply landing flaps you will jammed them, just like in il2 1946 :) I seem to be able to set my flaps to take off more often now.

I wonder if the same happens if you are going too fast when lowering the gear, has anyone tried this to see if you get "Gear Damaged"?

I lowered my gear at the same time but they didn't rip off.

Edit: LOL I could still raise them.

flynlion
12-09-2009, 04:18 AM
I lowered my gear at the same time but they didn't rip off.

They shouldn't rip off, they're designed to take the stress of landing LoL. But in a real plane you might damage other things like gear doors and retract mechanicals etc, which is why planes that have exposed wheel machinery usually have a much higher gear extension speed then those with slick "covered up" wells.

flynlion: Bombsight remains the same...:(

Rats. Thanks for the info, but I thought this was something they were gonna fix. Oh well.

InfiniteStates
12-09-2009, 09:48 AM
...now if you are going too fast and apply landing flaps you will jammed them, just like in il2 1946 :)
100% guaranteed jamming is to die with them in combat mode, then respawn, forget to raise them and dive toward the ground at about 60+ degrees with WEP :evil:

msat
02-15-2010, 10:22 PM
First I'd like to say I've just bought the game thinking of the PC version but this is not even close in realism to the PC version. At first look it's more like a completly different game.

Custom setup is greyed out even though I have a keyboard connected.
So it it doesn't work. If anybody has a fix for it please post it.
What I really miss is assignable joystick buttons like in the PC version. I hope that will come one day.
Regards

winny
02-15-2010, 10:46 PM
go to layouts first then select custom layout, when you go back custom setup won't be greyed out. Then you can assign buttons etc. Zoom won't work tho.

kozzm0
02-18-2010, 12:31 PM
They shouldn't rip off, they're designed to take the stress of landing LoL. But in a real plane you might damage other things like gear doors and retract mechanicals etc, which is why planes that have exposed wheel machinery usually have a much higher gear extension speed then those with slick "covered up" wells.

Right the gear will eventually break if you fly too fast with gear down, you might be able to land on it, but probably not raise it. Doesn't seem to do that in BOP though

It's interesting that they've used pressure sensitivity to set a guns/cannons choice, but I don't notice it in aviator layout, which makes it useless for me

If they'd only done one thing in the patch, it should be the score fix, unfortunately they didn't get it right. Fixed would be -5 points for a death. Any pilot who will ditch 5 planes to get one kill would be court-martialed and shipped off to infantry to serve in a punishment battalion somewhere.
It's the biggest reason why online combat is so fake, just like most first-person shooters.

Sure, if deaths were -5 points, everyone would end up with 0 points. Well then everybody loses and they deserve it. People would wise up and try to stay alive instead of flying around in circles in a line.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
02-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Sure, if deaths were -5 points, everyone would end up with 0 points. Well then everybody loses and they deserve it. People would wise up and try to stay alive instead of flying around in circles in a line.

And it might help the almost constant tree-top level dogfighting, although the ridiculous radar on the map plays a bigger part in that.

I hope if they get to release a sequel they really learn from the mistakes and don't drop sim mode altogether.

haitch40
02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
And it might help the almost constant tree-top level dogfighting, although the ridiculous radar on the map plays a bigger part in that.

I hope if they get to release a sequel they really learn from the mistakes and don't drop sim mode altogether.

they wont drop sim as
1. the patch us ps3 guys got fixed problems mostly with sim
2. the game is orientated around sim and arcade and reaalistic were to broaden its appeal

winny
02-19-2010, 10:10 AM
This might be old newes to some of you but have you seen SoW?
I'd only seen screenshots but saw this today.
Wow.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQbCIT-aMnY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQbCIT-aMnY[/URL

McQ59
02-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I know... It's absolutely beautifull!

kozzm0
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM

Yeah the damn radar too. It isn't anywhere near as easy to spot an opponent at altitude when there isn't a big fat dot telling you what direction to look. So everyone hides next to the ground instead. One of my favorite tricks in free-for-all, when someone is shooting at me, is a simple high barrel roll, half the time they have no clue where I disappeared to and they either overshoot or they fly around in circles trying to spot me in their near-blackout. In that mode, nobody looks right above them.

About ready to start up a ladder, right after lost cause's deathmatch thing. The rules may include a no-map option, as well as no-cockpit options, as match rules two teams can agree to.

Dr.Rockzo
02-01-2011, 09:57 PM
As I asked in the Pc-sticks thread, how exactly can I do custom controls for this game? I got this game today and updated it to 1.01 but when I try to enter "custom layout", nothing happens! Perhaps I need to go through the tutorials first?

AscendantWyvern
04-11-2011, 07:18 AM
It's been over a year, any news on us 360 dudes getting such a juicy update?

MACADEMIC
04-11-2011, 10:34 AM
It's been over a year, any news on us 360 dudes getting such a juicy update?

Better don't hold your breath - the publisher 505 has no interest to support this game any longer. However the good news is that there will be a sequel for the game quite soon, also WWII, same developers but different publisher. Should be announced soon.

MAC

AscendantWyvern
04-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Better don't hold your breath - the publisher 505 has no interest to support this game any longer. However the good news is that there will be a sequel for the game quite soon, also WWII, same developers but different publisher. Should be announced soon.

MAC

that sucks

that rocks! i just hope i have the money to obtain it.

Silverback
05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Hi I'm new here, my question is could this game be made to use Track IR?

BRIGGBOY
05-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Hi I'm new here, my question is could this game be made to use Track IR?

no not at all. maybe if you blag it with a mouse

ATAG_Doc
05-07-2011, 01:32 PM

MAC

Do tell more! Source of this pretty please?

winny
05-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Do tell more! Source of this pretty please?

Mac interviewd Anton (CEO, Gaijin)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18918

And if you look at the original BoP trailer there is a P-40 in it.. Pacific.

simson
11-27-2012, 04:21 AM
After a power out the patch is gone and won't install again!
Please help me, what can I do?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Woods7Van
11-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Nice, so can we take it this is also what's being addressed in the xbox patch (apart from the obvious ps3 bits) and do you know if/when it will be submitted to ms
http://www.rlgf.info/16.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/13.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/14.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/17.jpg
http://www.sbqg.info/19.jpg
http://www.ryzu.info/10.jpg