PDA

View Full Version : King’s Bounty HeroScreen interactive guide

Nike-it
12-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Great news for all English speaking fans of King’s Bounty (http://www.kings-bounty.com) series!
Colorful and very convenient character planner HeroScreen from Aurelain allows you to think over the hero's development and select the optimal combination of units and artifacts, moreover it can be used as an interactive guide for game.
This interactive guide uses Flash technology and has user-friendly interface. It contains full information about heroes, their skills, units, items, armor-bearers (wives) and medals. HeroScreen is being updated on constant basis and it can become a very effective and useful assistant during your adventures across the worlds of King’s Bounty.
HeroScreen for King’s Bounty: Armored Princess (http://www.aurelain.ro/HeroScreen/)
HeroScreen for King’s Bounty: The Legend (http://www.aurelain.ro/HeroScreen/TL_eng.html)

Elwin
12-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Already use this since some time. It has some errors but i see author is working on it

Zechnophobe
12-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Interestingly, it takes noticebly more runes for a mage to get all magic skills than for a warrior to get all Warrior skills.

However it takes a mage *much* less point to max out their 'special' skill than the other two. (46 for the first point in higher mage, 64 for the first point in resurrection or bloodthirst).

Just random number info completely ignoring plausibility or usefulness.

jake21
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
In king bounty (not AP) it allows you to recruite ice balls :) Now that would have been sweet in the actual game; esp if you could roll them independently.

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
It is a great tool for planning. People would be wise to use it.

Elwin
12-08-2009, 03:51 PM
NOt that "great" yet, since some things do not work correctly. I use it to check items and armorbearers only

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Works well enough for me :) I use it for build planning and armor-bearer planning and so far everything's good.

mare911
12-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Calculator needs option to enter num. of runes/leadership/attack/def/mana manually because we find a lot of them on map.

Also, spells and dragon info would be great addition to this great application

Newbie1234
12-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Very useful tool!

Especially great for seeing all that the game offers and being able to easily compare everything.

Granamyr
12-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Is there a way to download that as a stand-alone application? I'm getting an "Exceeded Bandwidth Error" that I don't think is going to go away anytime soon. Any chance this forum can host the application?

Elwin
12-28-2009, 09:24 PM
we got the same. its site maybe flash or so, and its fansite so 1c dont have source for it

Granamyr
12-29-2009, 11:39 AM
True but I'm sure whoever created it would be willing to give you the source files.

DGDobrev
12-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I am not so sure about that. Even if its a fansite, it's still the work of someone. I doubt he/she would readily give away all he's done just like that. I didn't see that the tool can be copied or distributed while I was looking at its info as well.

Granamyr
12-30-2009, 06:21 AM
If I created something I wanted people to use, I'd much rather have someone else host it (and credit me as the designer) than have people constantly get an error every time they visit my site and never see my work.

lauvhk
12-30-2009, 08:55 AM
The hero screen is also hosted by Celestial Heavens.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=733

Metroplex
01-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks for that, I was unable to access the original.

Erkilmarl
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I first checked Aurelian's page while I was at work, and I noticed that "a virus has been removed" afterwards. Now I have several times used the same computer to re-enter this page. Afterwards I regularly get the message that a trojan named Bredolab has been removed. Can this be coincidence, as I don't visit any other pages?

Nike-it
04-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Pretty strange, our antivirus software doesn't show any danger.

dzeris
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Pretty strange, our antivirus software doesn't show any danger.

Look at the page source and you see strange javascript block on the bottom. "var Ws;if(Ws" and so on.

www . aurelain . ro site is infected. malware site loaded in iframe is dead or it targets only specific user agents. This might explain why site does not trigger alarms in your antivirus.

Metathron
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
AVG says page is fine.

dzeris
04-07-2010, 05:20 PM
AVG says page is fine.

What is wrong with this picture?
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1410/aurelain.th.png (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/aurelain.png/)

Excluding the part where I allow to execute malicious javascript. I don't care what antiviruses say about site. I just look at page source and from that source I can tell that site is infected. sn[edit]sh.ru site randomly fails. Your antivirus might be silent, because infection page fails. Site might be failing now, but if it is not desinfected, one day it won't fail and some user will be infected. If I had to exploit some vulnerability, I would check for vulnerability before loading exploit and would not load it for not vulnerable clients.

Exploit is working for Erkilmarl, because his or her browser is vulnerable.

Erkilmarl
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks, dzeris. Can you do the same checking for the other site?

dzeris
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks, dzeris. Can you do the same checking for the other site?

You can do that yourself. Any normal browser has option to view page source.

In my screenshot used browser is variation of Mozilla Firefox with Firebug, Flashblock, Noscript and some other add-ons. Lower window part is Firebug display of actual page code after javascript is executed.

If you have problems reading page source or noticing anomalies in it, give me site address in private.

"HeroScreen for King’s Bounty: The Legend" link is also infected. Same obstructed javascript in linked swfobject.js script.

BB Shockwave
04-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Just so you know, that link contains a trojan virus. Nod32 gave me a warning when I tried to load the page...

EDIT: Sorry, just saw others noticed it too. Don't mind me...

Erkilmarl
04-09-2010, 08:01 AM
I had IE7 at work... Perhaps 8 would be more safe, don't know. But still I am somewhat confused. Should I be warned as I try to load the page? If the Trojan is activated then, I am checking the code too late. Or is it acteivated as I activate some function on the page?

dzeris
04-09-2010, 09:58 AM
I had IE7 at work... Perhaps 8 would be more safe, don't know. But still I am somewhat confused. Should I be warned as I try to load the page? If the Trojan is activated then, I am checking the code too late. Or is it acteivated as I activate some function on the page?
You open page, javascript is automatically executed and that russian sn[edit]sh.ru website is loaded in hidden frame. If your browser is vulnerable and site uses some exploit on it, then you have problem. I usually don't play king bounty as Mage and I don't have gift of prophet. I don't have any idea about stuff served by that russian site or what triggers it. Site is unstable or exploit is served not on every connection.

Looks like site uses some PDF exploit. Make sure that your acrobat reader is not outdated. It definitively targets IE7 on Vista. Not sure about IE8.

Forum admins. For gods sake. How many warnings do you need? The fact that your antiviruses are silent does not mean a thing. Any page source investigation should show that there is something wrong with that website.

rollems
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Every time i launch it. my anti virus warns me of virus attack.

dzeris
04-14-2010, 05:19 AM
aurolain.ro site owner cleaned site yesterday.

hippo
02-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Is Heroscreen for Crossworld?

ccx
11-10-2012, 05:25 PM
did anyone ever make one of these for crossworlds? :confused: