PDA

View Full Version : Are scrolls random?

Holywhippet
12-08-2009, 02:18 AM
I seem to recall in KB that scrolls were seeded randomly around the world at the start of each game. Does armored princess do the same or is it a matter of getting to a certain location before I get a certain spell?

aj2000
12-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Random seed with a level limit for each island

For example, Debir can only spawn certain spells, it can never spawn say armageddon, geyser, resurrect, fire rain, ice snake ...etc.

It would be nice if someone can provide the list of possible spawn for each island =P

Holywhippet
12-08-2009, 02:41 AM
What's the earliest island anyone has seen ressurection on?

Failing that, what's the earliest anyone has seen gift on? I can use that to recharge the ressurection power of my inquisitors.

Ryastar
12-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Gift no longer exists in AP, sadly.

As for ressurection, I've found it on Verona, but I don't know if anyone has found it earlier

Zhuangzi
12-08-2009, 05:30 AM
I just played through a whole game without seeing Resurrection or Time Back at all. :(

Elwin
12-08-2009, 07:56 AM
As far as i know ress is guaranteed if you give inquistor blade bakc to his owner, Well i havent foud it on my last game but there was not even single moment when i lacked it. Its not needed unless you play demon army

DGDobrev
12-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Random seed with a level limit for each island

For example, Debir can only spawn certain spells, it can never spawn say armageddon, geyser, resurrect, fire rain, ice snake ...etc.

It would be nice if someone can provide the list of possible spawn for each island =P

This is an incorrect statement. Debir can spawn high-grade spells (as well as troops and artifacts) as your quest for the stones goes on, and you get more and more of them. In my impossible mage game, I found both Geyser and Time back there.

Elwin
12-08-2009, 10:52 AM
yeah i saw armagedon in mage tower lately in game

TemjinGold
12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I found Ice Snake in a box on Scarlett if that helps anyone. Though with how early I found Demon Portal (Bolo I think), I ended up never using damage spells with my mage.

aj2000
12-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Interesting, are the high level spells a quest unlocked shop update in Debir or can they be generated right from the beginning?

DGDobrev
12-09-2009, 12:27 AM
The latter :) They can be generated right from the beginning. For example, I had games where I found Time Back and Geyser on Montero (as a warrior, phew) around lvl 20, so it is completely plausible that they were simply generated there.

aj2000
12-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Next game I reroll I'll be shooting for resurrect or a high lvl attack spell like fire rain / geyser right from the start in Debir lol. Do they tend to spawn in the university or the Castle?

aj2000
12-09-2009, 06:45 AM
So far I've rerolled around 50+ times and have yet to see any high-end spell like time-back / resurrect / geyser / death-star ...etc in Debir when starting. I've been checking the castle / university and houses/cottage. Are you sure that Debir can spawn those spells right from the start?

If so, you must have been insanely lucky to get both geyser and time-back right from the start in Debir at the same time @.@

Urbz
12-09-2009, 09:40 AM
He said he got them in Montero ;)

DGDobrev
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
So far I've rerolled around 50+ times and have yet to see any high-end spell like time-back / resurrect / geyser / death-star ...etc in Debir when starting. I've been checking the castle / university and houses/cottage. Are you sure that Debir can spawn those spells right from the start?

If so, you must have been insanely lucky to get both geyser and time-back right from the start in Debir at the same time @.@

They can't spawn right from the start in the lower level areas (debir, scarlet, bolo, rusty). I said they can spawn in debir later on - "Debir can spawn high-grade spells (as well as troops and artifacts) as your quest for the stones goes on, and you get more and more of them."

Holywhippet
12-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Funnily, or annoyingly (depending on your POV) I've only ever found one resurrection in my current game - and that was one of the random treasures my dragon happened to unearth.