PDA

View Full Version : Trap medal and altars

Holywhippet
12-07-2009, 09:47 PM
One of the possible medals is awarded after using enough traps on the enemy from what I can see. What traps is it talking about? I've used the trap spell quite a few times but it doesn't increase the count.

Also, my dragon can dig for treasure twice in any given combat. If I level up that ability one more time it says he can search for a single altar as well. Is this like those altars that appear on the battlefield that dish out healing/damage? Is it worth it?

DGDobrev
12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
The trap medal improves only when a trap kills a unit (both friendly or enemy) with the exception of summoned creatures.

The altars the dragon can spawn do not include buffing altars, only damaging ones, so they can be more of a pain in the end.

Holywhippet
12-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Thanks.

Is there any pattern to the digging with regards to chests/altars? ie. will the first two be chests and the last be an altar which would allow me to choose where it appears? What can I get if I further develop that skill?

Metathron
12-08-2009, 01:22 AM
The green spots are chests, the brownish/reddish ones are "altars".

Holywhippet
12-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Thanks. That could be worthwhile, although in my experience the enemy troops can and will take out an altar with a single hit. Will the altars always be in their territory?

aj2000
12-08-2009, 01:55 AM
The possible dig spots are random. Most of the time it is better to use other dragon abilities over digging altars for the purpose of hurting enemies (treasures are a different story, scoring runes and rare spells are great!)

Holywhippet
12-08-2009, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I took treasure hunter as a starting skill and haven't a single regret. I've got it at level 2 and can't see that improving it will help me in the slightest - more cost for not much improvement in functionality.

aj2000
12-08-2009, 02:21 AM
For me I always go maxed on treasure hunter ability, my reasoning is:

a) Give you more exp (Admittedly still low, but a lot higher then lvl 1, and when you use it every battle it adds up).

b) cost only 8 rage.

c) Allow you to dig 3 treasures per battle. I use this to the max every battle, this amplifies point a).

It is true that at a certain point each chest cost you almost 3x rage cost, but once you get the -rage cost lvlup it will only cost 8 rage, at more then double the xp for dragon and 3 chests per battle. I'm a fan :)