PDA

View Full Version : black night and sumone undead scroll???

Elwin
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I have used that wanderer scroll summoning undead amany times in diffrent places but in ever got black nights .. every other undead unit .. is he possible to get in this scroll or its cal colosus scrol for him?

loreangelicus
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi Elwin, I'm happy to inform you (and everyone else) that the wanderer scroll Call of Death could summon forth Black Knight :grin:; see attached screen shot.

The key with the Call of Death and Call of Colossus wanderer scrolls is a lot of sprouts/snake eggs/spider eggs/etc. and a lot of patience as well. See the red dragon on the same screenshot? I used Call of Colossus with the following combo for it: use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg,...use 1 spider egg (12th egg), use 1 sprout, use 1 sprout, use 1 sprout, use 1 sprout. In short, I got the red dragon on my 16th try:

1st try: use scroll at once (got a troll)
2nd try: use 1 spider egg, use scroll (got a bone dragon)
3rd try: use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use scroll (got an ancient ent)
4th try: use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use scroll (got a bone dragon)
5th try: use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use 1 spider egg, use scroll (got a tirex)
etc.

So patience. :) Right now, I don't need the black knights since I don't have the Eviln spell this early in the game (3rd island). Once I get Eviln and the shard I'll use Call of Death to create a full stack of black knights and try the solo black knight tactic everyone is raving about. :)

joasoz
01-05-2010, 08:21 AM
So you say that you will get the same results everytime you use the eggs/scrolls as stated?

Since I never reload while playing this is not for me, but it is an interesting read. I got two giants yesterday.

loreangelicus
01-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes, you would always get the same results from a specific combination from that saved game (unless you go to a different location/map since that in itself changes the combination); a simple reloading of the game and use of the scroll will not change the unit type you get.

Btw, I forgot to address Elwin's other question: you only get Black Knight from Call of Death since BKs are level 4 and Call Colossus only generates level 5 units.

TemjinGold
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Also, someone confirmed that if you already have some BKs in your army, you won't get any. You can only spawn units that you don't already have.

Urbz
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Also, someone confirmed that if you already have some BKs in your army, you won't get any. You can only spawn units that you don't already have.

Aye, so maybe stacking all kinds of non BK undead units in your army could help then ? :confused: :-P

zhaozhilong
01-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Oh no !!

I never knew that having the spare eggs and stuffs is useful to get better spawn....

I sold them off except griffin's since I am short of cash at L10...

:-x

TemjinGold
01-18-2010, 12:08 PM
You shouldn't be blowing wanderer scrolls at level 10 anyway as you won't get enough guys to make it worthwhile.

loreangelicus
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I beg to disagree with you on that one TemjinGold. My paladin on impossible going for straight no-loss and quick game time got a Call Colossus on the duplicate Bolo navi map on Scarlet and used the single Red Dragon as an uber tank to wipe out clean the early islands (Scarlet-Bolo-Rusty). Surely, you must admit, on impossible difficulty the starting levels is a real uphill climb without extra help.

Mid to late game, when you already have a complete lineup of lets say paladins-archmages-inquisitors-gorguanas-tirexes, how much of an impact would getting Call Colossus do for your game?

Sure, when my paladin hit 4,000 leadership I did release a thoughtful sigh as I realized I could have 2 red dragons already, but that single red dragon at the early levels/islands is arguably a god-send on impossible difficulty; tanker-chest-fetcher-damage-dealer all in one!

ShuiMienLung
07-15-2011, 02:56 PM

I really appreciated having one of these scrolls when I was staring at my stack of 149 BKs--having bought every one available and Sacrificed for a bunch more--with a possible maximum of 318...
...but stashing my existing bunch in a garrison (for emergency refill) and casting a single scroll netted me a full stack of 318. Talk about a sigh of relief at not having to milk the Sacrifice routine through 70-some casts (at +3 BKs per cast)!