PDA

View Full Version : Call of colossus spell question

mnorbi75
12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello!

My question is : i have 2 call of colosuss spell, when i try use it is give me level 5 th mobs, i try it use at different islands. I get different mobs evry islands. I waited 2-3 level up and i use it again same islands, and i get total diferent level 5 th mobs as befire. So my questions how works it? Cause if i try in 1 hour at same island it give same mobs, i have to wait 2-3 level up for nee random mobs. I need red dragon, so it would be nice if someone can write me how works it. Sorry my bad english , i hope you understand What i want.

Thx

Tibster
12-03-2009, 03:13 PM
If u do something like fighting , u cahnge a variable.
Be happy it's one of the true random things in this game as oposed to the rest that is also random but it is decided at the begining.
So have a fight and try the scroll again , or keep them for the later part of the game.

Elwin
12-03-2009, 03:32 PM
i think just reloading game is enough to change it.

Stepsongrapes
12-03-2009, 10:08 PM

Having tried it, I'm pretty sure it's not enough to just reload.

I know changing your leadership (in anyway) is enough to change it. I haven't tried to see if a simple battle is enough.

Harakiri
12-03-2009, 10:09 PM

no

Elwin
12-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Right you are right :p tried with cal necro now ;p i need black knights; p

fable
12-04-2009, 01:44 PM
If you travel to a new island, due to the animation, it'll be completely random what you get. I got my red dragons when traveling for the first time to Verona (after a few reload).

Elwin
12-04-2009, 01:47 PM
not realy need to travel, ujust change location like going to some cave, crypt etc

Akimbo
12-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Early Red Dragons for me :)

Metathron
12-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Where did you guys get the Call Colossus spell? I can't remember where I got mine in my last completed game, because I never used them, but in my new game I would really appreciate spawning a level 5 troop.

Akimbo
12-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I got mine picking up a "nautical map". If you already have the location the map would have shown you, it spawns you a random "Traveler's Scroll". It's not always Call of the Colossus, I was just lucky to get it.

spamm
12-04-2009, 05:59 PM
There is exploit:
use containers of creatures (eggs, coffins, etc) with random number of creatures. example: snake eggs (generate random number units). dragon eggs does not approach (generate 1 units).
It will change "random sid" for scroll.

example:
- save game
- use scroll
- creatures not approach
- load game
- use 1 snake egg
- use scroll
- creatures not approach again
- load game
- use 1 snake egg
- use 1 snake egg again
- use scroll
etc

loreangelicus
01-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I must say that the Call Colossus scroll is the best possible boost to your army early on, and the earliest that you have a CHANCE to get it is in Scarlet.

In Debir, just make sure you pick up both nautical maps: Scarlet and Bolo. Then once you go to Scarlet there is an undefended nautical map which most likely is the Bolo map. Since you already have Bolo, it will generate a random Wanderer Scroll, and if you are lucky it just might be a Call Colossus scroll.

In my impossible paladin game, I actually replayed the game from the start since I discovered that the Bolo map in Scarlet always gave me Call Colossus. First run I only had 1,100 leadership, giving me a possible Ogre or Troll. Since I was playing paladin, was able to concentrate on Glory (and Learning at the same time); with two items that gave +100 and +200 leadership plus no-loss victories I was able to get to 2,000 leadership to get a Red Dragon (see attached screenshot).

I used the tactic above of using my snake eggs and sprouts one at a time to check which creature I got; for the Red Dragon, I used 12 snake eggs and 3 sprouts ONE AT A TIME. Other choices that I had were 2 Ogres, Troll, Ancient Ent, Archdemon, Bone Dragon, Green Dragon and Tirex.

I wanted something with high initiative and speed, and the Green Dragon would have been technically better (in combo with Phantom), but Rusty Anchor gives you one as a reward for a quest, and two level 5 unit types are better than one. Archdemon could not be Healed, and while Tirex self-heal with each kill they didn't combo well morale-wise with the Green Dragon, and I had the blue dragon pet which gave +1 initiative to animals and dragons.

So Red Dragon it became, which works GREAT in making itself more lethal in working towards upgrading the Battle Alchemy medal. :grin:

Arilian
01-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I feel red dragon is the best lvl 5 creature.
Of course it is situational what is the "best" but avarage i think it is the winner.
Green is a bit two slow (initiative), Black or Archdemon cannot be healed, others cannot fly/slow or cannot be healed.
Its special attack is great.
The only weakness that somtimes fire damage can be worthless

I miss Titans from Homm :)

Zechnophobe
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I would say Reds are best as well, followed by blacks. As much as you can't heal blacks, they also have the best resistances in the game, being 'immune' to two different damage types, and still having innate physical resistance.

Red's though, are almost as good... and you can Phantom them, stone skin them, timeback them, etc.

I think that a lot of the level 5 units in this game end up being more worth it than in TL. The Archdemon 'halve' ability is very impressive, especially in boss fights. I just wish Humans had a level 5'er. Screw Titans, I want Seraphs or Archangels or ... something. Maybe some sort of 'hero'? Not sure what would fit the KB lore best.

Edit: Oh, and Shield of Rekross is better than Call Colossus, as it will provide you with dragons of various types for many levels to come, whereas the scroll will give only a couple early on.

loreangelicus
01-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Edit: Oh, and Shield of Rekross is better than Call Colossus, as it will provide you with dragons of various types for many levels to come, whereas the scroll will give only a couple early on.

Without a doubt the Shield of Rekross is better than Call Colossus. But for some reason, I have yet to see the shield spawn on Debir or Scarlet. I used the KBScanner on 10 save game files and the earliest island it spawned in was in Verona (sometimes no Shield of Rekross at all, like in my current game). This is all well and good since you could map-kite up to Verona, but if you are going for a 7-day game then map-kiting is not an option.

I believe that even though items are random you only get to spawn some items in some areas. I've seen this happen when I was trying to get an Ancient Amulet and Gladiator Sword in the initial academy and castle (around 100 tries); the items generated in both buildings are limited to a few items only.

On Impossible difficulty the first few levels are the hardest if going for a 7-days/no-loss game. I read that you have 1 in 40 chance per chest to get a wanderers scroll, and in the first 120 chests I opened in Debir and Scarlet I found 4 such scrolls (Ancient Knowledge, Magic Flow, Call of Death, Titan Armor), and that was not including the Call Colossus I got in replacement of the duplicate navi map.

I may be wrong though, so if anyone found the Shield of Rekross in Debir/Scarlet/Bolo/Rusty, please correct me.

Urbz
01-03-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm fairly sure I got the shield really early on my normal mage playthrough. but i cant remember where exactly i got it. Probably at on of the first 4 islands though.

lauvhk
01-03-2010, 05:01 AM
The earliest chance you can get the Shield of Rekross is in the cave in Scarlet Winds where it requires a password to get through. Obviously you are also expected to deal with the blocking heroes army who likes to annoy you with poison skull, and an army consisted of zombies and beholder.

loreangelicus
01-03-2010, 05:17 AM
The earliest chance you can get the Shield of Rekross is in the cave in Scarlet Winds where it requires a password to get through. Obviously you are also expected to deal with the blocking heroes army who likes to annoy you with poison skull, and an army consisted of zombies and beholder.

Are you talking about Rob Cuttlefish's hideout? Then you can't pick it up early on since you need to be powerful enough to take out the guard who is around level 20 I think (and equivalent invincible enemy stacks).

On the other hand, a Call Colossus from 120 chests is quite probable at level 8.

Urbz
01-03-2010, 11:12 AM

Yes i think its here I got mine actually!

rollems
02-03-2010, 03:31 AM
i am trying all combination but not getting red dragon but i get black dragon shall i use black or keep trying for Red

DGDobrev
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Depends on your hero class. If you play a Warrior or a Paladin, you can use him, simply don't make him tank for you against big enemy armies, simply have it spray fire at anything he can damage without getting hit back or suffering too much damage. As a Mage, drop all other stacks and use only him. Black Dragon + Flaming Arrow + Poison Skull + Fear is the I win button in amy early fights.

iregev
04-07-2010, 06:49 AM
There is exploit:
use containers of creatures (eggs, coffins, etc) with random number of creatures. example: snake eggs (generate random number units). dragon eggs does not approach (generate 1 units).
It will change "random sid" for scroll.

example:
- save game
- use scroll
- creatures not approach
- load game
- use 1 snake egg
- use scroll
- creatures not approach again
- load game
- use 1 snake egg
- use 1 snake egg again
- use scroll
etc

I find and additional (easier ?) exploit.
Every time you enter or leave an area you have a new random chance for a creature in the call colossus/ scroll of wind. This works also when enterting caves and undergrounds on the same islands with out travelling
so just enter and leave a cave at your (Debir -> Robber's den, Bolo -> Droid Cave etc...._

loreangelicus
04-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I find and additional (easier ?) exploit.
Every time you enter or leave an area you have a new random chance for a creature in the call colossus/ scroll of wind. This works also when enterting caves and undergrounds on the same islands with out travelling
so just enter and leave a cave at your (Debir -> Robber's den, Bolo -> Droid Cave etc...._

A fair enough exploit, although those doing a speed run are better off using the eggs (which can be done while the game is paused).