PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Skill question

Jencia
12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
In the Magic tree, does the Summoner Skill provide benefits to things various units can summon? For example, I just got Druids, will the bears they can call in combat benefit if I rank that skill up?

Likewise, if I make a copy of a unit with the Phantom spell, will that unit benefit from Summoner?

Thank you in advance.

Urbz
12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeap everything should work; magic egg, panthom and the various summon skills from all kind of creatures. :)

Elwin
12-03-2009, 10:55 AM
yes all o this is affected by summoner, choshas gobots too ;)

Jencia
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Thank you for the quick replys. I am considering getting it on my Paladin, since I am seem to use Phantom quite a bit, and usually have 1 or 2 units that can summon further units. I just want to be careful not spread my runes to thin across the various trees and skills, and end up with a lot of a little, but nothing really good.

DGDobrev
12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Summoner skill is NEVER a bad choice. It will also boost the units summoned by phantom. More paladins summoned by phantom means better resurrection - so you can never go wrong with maxing this skill.

Granamyr
12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
If you have them, Royal Griffons have been my best choice for Phantom and then take use of Summon by way of the Heavenly Guard they call in. Both the phantom and Heavenly Guard units always counterattack, they fly and they all have pretty high initiative making them easily the best unit to take damage or stick in front of pesky archers.

The only reason I would ever Phantom my Paladins is if I wasn't able to get enough "rez" out of them the first time....but then I also have Inquisitors, Demonologists and the Resurrection spell. Needless to say, I've never used Phantom on my Paladins.

Elwin
12-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Seems like you have never fought a powerfull mage hero yet ...

Granamyr
12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
OR I don't lose as many units you do when fighting them......I'm level 50 and have under 50 troop losses. A couple rounds of Geyser or Lightning never damages more than one stack of Paladins can heal and I have 3 other means of rezzing if it did.

Point is, phantoming Paladins should be a VERY RARE exception but so many here try to present it as the rule. If you're phantoming paladins regularly, I'd argue you're doing something wrong.

DGDobrev
12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
And I'd argue that you're playing on normal... Impossible is completely different matter.

Elwin
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
geyser is not realy a problem .. but high damage fire rain with burn effect is .. i am just fighting invincible uldara and that fire rain makes me crazy... tough my army is at half of my max leadership since since like hundred battles there was no need to refill army ;p

DGDobrev
12-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Against Uldara, you try this. Disperse your units and wait out till she's out of mana casting demon portals. Simply stall. If you go all aggro, she may get frightened and start casting armageddon each turn, which is highly undesirable :)

Lule
01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
In the Magic tree, does the Summoner Skill provide benefits to things various units can summon? For example, I just got Druids, will the bears they can call in combat benefit if I rank that skill up?

Likewise, if I make a copy of a unit with the Phantom spell, will that unit benefit from Summoner?

Thank you in advance.

The Summoner skill does not appear to improve the Demonologists demon summon - is this just a display issue, bug or working as intended?

I am on my second play through and decided to try out the Summoner skill. After seeing this thread and seeing that it would work with units with summon abilities I grabbed some Royal Griffins and Demonologists then purchased a rank in the skill. The leadership amount of the Royal Griffins summon ability increased but the Demonologists did not. Is this a bug, just a display issue or working as intended?

Demonologists have a range (seems to be 25-50% of their stacks leadership value) instead of just a fixed value like the Royal Griffins (50% of stacks leadership value) which makes it a bit trickier to test in combat to see if it's just a display issue. I suppose I could edit the Demonologist.atom file and change the range to a single percent but I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me before I drive myself mad and start messing with the files : )

Lule
01-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Summoner Skill definately improves the number of demons summoned by demonologists even though the numbers in the mouse over tooltip do not change. Just a display issue : )