PDA

View Full Version : Not about the score but the utmost(6 days+0 losses)

unicornxp
12-02-2009, 03:46 AM
This is the result of my first play under version 1.2 It's not mainly about the high score so forgive me not followed DGDobrev's thread:D

Impossible Mage only use 6 days to finish the game

of course with zero losses

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1539&stc=1&d=1259754374

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1540&stc=1&d=1259754374

(I kept about 15+ save files and many screenshots to record the entiry process so no need to doubt of cheat etc :D

I also shared the save files at debir so anyone can try it~~)

The tactic is the "one slot troop". First troll then red dragon and at last the balckknights when fighting some bosses.

There are 2 important point in my game

1 troll and red dragon(world scoll in scarlett island and verona)

2 good enough physical resistance equipments(this game i fonud iron plate in Verona and the dragon scale set in Umakas, so red dragon's PR with stone skin and medal can be 92%)

I used troll to nearly vanished all the creeps in Rusty-anchor and then got the emerald dragon to pass the bridge in Verona.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1542&stc=1&d=1259754601

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1543&stc=1&d=1259754601

Then i had red dragon to cleared Umakas and reached about LV21. When i back to the main land, i already had the ablility to vanish all the enemy and reached Dersu at LV35 and only day 4 :D

When fighting the BOSS of mirror tower i only had 136 Blackknights with magic resistance only 32% but it didin's seems very difficult- -

Katahu is quiet simple using 236 blackknights to fight(with 2 equipments -%leadership of blackknights)= =

About Baal i used about 50+ turns to get 0 losses...so boaring compared to warrior.

Becaus of my goal is the shortest days so i aborted many quests that may waste time so the final score is not good compared to my warrior game(11days clear LV57).Shaterra island didn't visited, so both level and finished quests are low. If i had to finish them all , it may need 8-9 days.

By the way, i don't think 6 days is the final utmost, because in this file i still wasted time to Umakas about at least 10hours and also the quest in nameless island about 8hours. I finished the game at day6 20:00, so it's very possible to make it at day5's evening :)

At last, i think only Mage has the ability to challenge the high-point- -+although this may need some luck.

Zechnophobe
12-02-2009, 04:30 AM
Why Black knights as your stand alone stack? Seems like an odd choice.

unicornxp
12-02-2009, 04:46 AM
Why Black knights as your stand alone stack? Seems like an odd choice.

easy to resurrect with spell evili(30% of the max number) and reach 0 losses

high base physical resistance,mainly used to fight bosses(queit easy to be95% pr)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1547&stc=1&d=1259758643

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1548&stc=1&d=1259758570

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1549&stc=1&d=1259758570
after purged Moro Dark and gain infinity counterstrike ability, blackknight is a little imbalance~~

Elwin
12-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Impressive that black night tactics looks realy nice i have few questions:

how you deal with zilgadis ?? you couldnt fight zilgadis and tower constanly summoning units at the same time

Ktahu - everything looks quite nice on paper, but gorguana is a problem here?? mark of blood can harm pretty much and you cant hit ktahu and gorguanas at once since gorguana is ranged ... does a magic damage so phisycal resitance want help much

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I can't see how you missed the high score thread tbh it's the most viewed thread on here :rolleyes:

Well done on the 6 day win anyway.

Elwin
12-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Deathknigt is awesome unit ... if it can be reesed by evlin its just insane, paladin is weakling compared to him ..
as already said his got high physical resistances, unlimited rtaliaton and rise his power on hitting, When you count thay he kills many boos summons and combined it with warrior frenzy abbility hes attack will rise insane. Combined with stoneskin and god armor its just unstopable killing machine

DGDobrev
12-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Great work, unicornxp! 6 days is completely conceivable, especially if you minimize the travel time between the islands, and skip a bunch of quests that require a lot of traveling. You also did really great freeing Moro Dark. Black Knights + Splinter of Darkness is wicked - great phys defense and always retaliating unit. Top that up with stone skin and some + crit chance items and you get a very powerful unit that alone can beat up everything around. I can say that for a fact, because I'm doing a fun playthrough on normal with undead-only roster, and I can see that this can work on impossible big time.

Once again, great work and good luck shaving off a day or two from this result in the next playthrough :)

nogi
12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
The tactic is the "one slot troop". First troll then red dragon and at last the balckknights when fighting some bosses.

Please, can you elaborate on this? :) What spells do you use, how, when? Maybe you can post video on how you normally go to beat 1 army or even some of the bosses? Thank you. :)

DGDobrev
12-02-2009, 12:24 PM
That will be tough, but this is my supposition:

In the beginning, you play with 1 troll or 1 red dragon. Troll at night for regeneration, Red dragon at day for his speed and breath attack. You can easily evade all the enemies all the time with a dragon in the beginning because of his flying ability and speed.

The next and most important thing is to get Moro Dark and free him from the Darkness by fighting enemy stacks that have undead, demons, or both in them. When freed, he will give you a splinter of darkness, which, when equipped, gives the Black Knights unlimited retaliations.

The spells that best complement this type of play are stone skin (greatly improves physical resistance) and god armor (even further improvement of all resistances). While your troop is well protected, you can turn your attention to nuking. Geyser and Death star are by far the best nuking spells. Also make sure you always have mana for evlin, so that you can recover the losses suffered by your Black Knight stack.

Bosses.
VS spider it's easy. the spider stacks inflict physical or poison damage, and the black knight is resistant to both (30% phys, 50% poison). Simply add stone skin, put him in front of his left or right legs and hack away. When the spider changes position, simply cast teleport on the Black Knights and hack again till you kill him.
The frog. Put the Black knights in front of his left or right foot, add stne skin and hack away. The unlimited retaliations will deal with the snakes the frog summons. His spit isn't a problem, because it is poison-based.
VS Driller. Well, there will be no evlin in this fight, so a stack of trolls can really give him hell here. It's underground, so they will regenerate every turn. Simply keep the stone skin on the trolls and hack at the boss. The regeneration ability will do the rest.
Vs Zilgadis. Position the black knights in front of the boss, cast stone skin and hack away. Let him summon towers. He can summon 5 of them at most anyway. The stacks that friendly gremlin towers summon will provide corpses for evlin spell to recover the losses.
Vs K'Tahu. Put the Black knights on his weak spot and hack away. If he moves, teleport them to his weak spot again. Keep stone skin on them all the time. The always retaliates ability will deal with the summonings, and the corpses will provide enough options to cast the evlin spell.
Vs Baal. The Black knights in front of him, stone skin and hack. When he summons demons, cast evlin on the dead stacks to recover the losses. Also cast 15-mana phantoms on the black knights to keep 2 units in a row, thus enticing baal to hit them both rather than throwing his sword or summoning way too many allies.

That should do it. I doubt he can make a clip, because I can imagine that with this troop setup, his battles were going well beyond 30 turns, and that's quite a lot of real-life time.

unicornxp
12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Impressive that black night tactics looks realy nice i have few questions:

how you deal with zilgadis ?? you couldnt fight zilgadis and tower constanly summoning units at the same time

Ktahu - everything looks quite nice on paper, but gorguana is a problem here?? mark of blood can harm pretty much and you cant hit ktahu and gorguanas at once since gorguana is ranged ... does a magic damage so phisycal resitance want help much

about zilgadis maybe this screenshot can answer ur question

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1556&stc=1&d=1259786566

most of the time there are too many troops on the battle field...what i can do is repeating spells like stone skin---mana spring---hell fire---eviln .. very boaring..

to deal with gorguana is very simple---the spell "fear"
i also didn't realize this spell's importance until this game>_<

if u used lv5 creatures like dragons, fear has the same effect as blind to lv1-4 creatures(shaman,inqusitor,royal griffin etc)but last 2 or 3 more turns...this spell usually used to control magic attack enemies so u get time to use poison and burning spells decrease the amount until the dragon can afford their damage.

when VS katahu there's only 1 troop of gorguana abut 127...only need 1 hit to kill :D

You also did really great freeing Moro Dark. Black Knights + Splinter of Darkness is wicked - great phys defense and always retaliating unit.

actually in this game i didn't get Splinter of Darkness =_=i didn't go to Shaterra and there's not enough demon and undead units to purge moro dark
....also no enough battles to release the skull of pain.

Once again, great work and good luck shaving off a day or two from this result in the next playthrough :)

the tactics is not very hard..all the rest is only luck and i think i don't have
enough patience to find a better start save 0_0

this result shows that Mage is the most amazing occupation , that's enough fo me and i don't expect better:D

unicornxp
12-02-2009, 01:13 PM
That will be tough, but this is my supposition:

That should do it. I doubt he can make a clip, because I can imagine that with this troop setup, his battles were going well beyond 30 turns, and that's quite a lot of real-life time.

mostly correct :)

i didn't use god armor all the game. it cost too much mana but only last 2 turn ..so that's why i said at the beging --good enough physical resistance equipments are needed.

i didn't fight the frog boss to save travel time...

when VS spider boss my leadership only can afford 70 blackknights and dont have morodark~~

so that's the only battle that i had 3 troops on the battlefield XD
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1557&stc=1&d=1259788312

as u said, this tactic (1 troop in army) really cost much real life-time ..sign

DGDobrev
12-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh, I see. Well, then that just proves that Black Knights + Evlin alone can be enough. Evlin is indeed a great spell - resurrects based on your stack size - so the more units in it, the better the resurrection!

I can say this for a fact, because right now I'm pretty much displeased with myself for trying this tactic on normal. I find it just way too easy like this. But in any case, I'll finish it up. Just freed Moro and I'm planning on replacing him. I'll see with whom - maybe agvares. I like his item setup, very flexible.

In any case, you are correct - the Mage gets a pretty interesting time in KBAP. You were lucky to get a Call Collosus spell as well (in addition to a few good units quickly) - otherwise the mage on impossible is the hardest to start at all.

unicornxp
12-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh, I see. Well, then that just proves that Black Knights + Evlin alone can be enough. Evlin is indeed a great spell - resurrects based on your stack size - so the more units in it, the better the resurrection!

I can say this for a fact, because right now I'm pretty much displeased with myself for trying this tactic on normal. I find it just way too easy like this. But in any case, I'll finish it up. Just freed Moro and I'm planning on replacing him. I'll see with whom - maybe agvares. I like his item setup, very flexible.

In any case, you are correct - the Mage gets a pretty interesting time in KBAP. You were lucky to get a Call Collosus spell as well (in addition to a few good units quickly) - otherwise the mage on impossible is the hardest to start at all.

well,i played 3 times impossible Mage under 1.0 and 1.1 version without starting with Call Collosus scroll and also 0 losses.

the first island is the same to all ..4 inquisors+ royal thorn, most of the damage by the pet dragon

the scalette island ,add archmage+royal snake

commonly,the most important thing for mage is to reach 1900 leadership as quickly as possible and use the free emerald dragon in Rusty-achor, then also 1 troop go over the world XD
if it's so hard, try to use one-eye giant in bolo (1400 leadership)

stone skin+archamge's shield can easily get no losses VS all melee or mostly mellee+weak ranged creeps

on Verona only if i find "target" spell can i use 5 troops..or it's impossible to get no losses VS mass inqusitors or priests ..still this period is the same hard as warrior and paladin but mage can use only 1 troop(emerald dargon) to easily get no losses vs mass ranged creeps..

unicornxp
12-02-2009, 02:02 PM
all undead troops is so boaring VS heroes

once they used geyser u should use eviln 1 by 1 to animate the whole army...compared to paladin's surronding resurrect, i really want to hit my desk>_<

DGDobrev
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree that there are options. Target + Stone Skin + Magic Shield can get you anywhere :) However, in games when there is no target or stone skin in the first few islands, things get really, really hard. Then the best thing you can do is to go on a stealing spree, which kind of hurts the score :) I am aware that you can always kite zag-zag away and get the dragon... Once you do that, things get much, much easier. All you need then is stone skin cast and then simply improve you medals at will.

Well, as I like to say, there is always a way to achieve what you've set your mind to :)

unicornxp
12-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I agree that there are options. Target + Stone Skin + Magic Shield can get you anywhere :) However, in games when there is no target or stone skin in the first few islands, things get really, really hard. Then the best thing you can do is to go on a stealing spree, which kind of hurts the score :) I am aware that you can always kite zag-zag away and get the dragon... Once you do that, things get much, much easier. All you need then is stone skin cast and then simply improve you medals at will.

Well, as I like to say, there is always a way to achieve what you've set your mind to :)

Ya, since the random factors in AP affect the whole game process too much,i believe there's no immovable tactics when u want to get things like highest score or shortest days to finish the game. (my first game i found target at Elone and that time i already dont need=_=)

All the progress based much more on ur luck then the tactics.The balance of AP is not good enough although the random factors well rasied the playablity.

So, just enjoy the game as we want ;)

PS: i think kite zag-zag is better than stealing navigation maps XD

DGDobrev
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Yes, I agree about Zag-Zag, but as a warrior and as a paladin your strength is in numbers :) As a mage, it is a more viable option, I grant that :)

Elwin
12-04-2009, 10:50 AM
hgw to get shard of darkness? dont tell me its to take him and kuill undead and demons since i just cleared nameless and shettera -.-

DGDobrev
12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Yep, that's exactly what you need to do. If you're not going for a great score, you can also leave troops that have undead and demons all around the map for later. That will free Moro really quickly, even if you're using undead in your army all the time.

Elwin
12-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Heh so maybe i reload the game .. i have alot of saves .. but bbah clering shettera again especialy Samman batle is not good thing .. it was a long hard battle. 366 mana with armageddons xD if i didnt save imp there would be no chance to get it no loss

Kings Bounty Hunter
01-23-2010, 12:06 AM
In my game. Even with Shettara and Nameless left there are still not enough Undead/Demons and I only have Reha left..very disappointing. I upgraded some Demon Artifiacts but that didn't bring Moro's % down...so wtf? lol How can you free they guy with so little Undead/Demons around?

unicornxp
01-23-2010, 02:55 AM
In my game. Even with Shettara and Nameless left there are still not enough Undead/Demons and I only have Reha left..very disappointing. I upgraded some Demon Artifiacts but that didn't bring Moro's % down...so wtf? lol How can you free they guy with so little Undead/Demons around?

don't forget to put black knights in castle before fighting with undead and demons~~~
(montero underground have about 5-10 demon creeps,verona may have 3-4)

in fact, splint of darkness isn't necesarry....the most advantage of black knight is easy to resurrect and if you want to get a high score, moro dark should die- - this poor guy has the 3rd exp(about 26k) in the whole game~

Kings Bounty Hunter
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
don't forget to put black knights in castle before fighting with undead and demons~~~
(montero underground have about 5-10 demon creeps,verona may have 3-4)

in fact, splint of darkness isn't necesarry....the most advantage of black knight is easy to resurrect and if you want to get a high score, moro dark should die- - this poor guy has the 3rd exp(about 26k) in the whole game~

Are you saying you should not use BK's when fighting Demons and the undead?

unicornxp
01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Are you saying you should not use BK's when fighting Demons and the undead?

YES

the formula of dark power may like this

enemy has undead -4
enemy has demon -3

your troop has undead +2(included backup)
your troop has undead +1(included backup)

DGDobrev
01-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Actually it's -5 for undead and -4 for demons, with +1 from undead in the army or reserve and +2 for demons in army or reserve. So in essence if an enemy army has demons and undead, the counter will drop down by 9. Pretty nice, but it is a rare occasion.

Kings Bounty Hunter
01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Well that's my game ruined lol I only started it to get the splinter. I didn't realise that when freeing Moro you don't use BK's (solo campaign) I could go back and do it all again....hmmm