PDA

View Full Version : Husbands?

iankhadan
11-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Haha I know they're not technically husbands but we all know Amelie is a pimp on the side with these followers. Anyway, what's the rundown on these guys, I've had the Robber guy for a while now and I came across the gentleman on Verona who says he kills all his teachers after he's learned from them. I don't think I've encountered any others. Anyone care to post some detailed info on these guys?

Elwin
11-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Look into KB:AP info thread

Metathron
11-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I got scarface to follow me very early on in the game, and I've kept him ever since. I have no benefit from his innate skills, I just use him for the extra artifact slots. I have thought of swapping him for another follower, e.g. the paladin on the nameless island, but I didn't find his skills useful at that moment, so I stuck with the current guy.

Elwin
11-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Well abut armor berarers: abilites they posses are interesting, but wifes had more interesting bonuses ... with mage of course you go for elenhel but if not its hard choice ... nothing veey special

Zechnophobe
11-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Wives had more interesting bonuses? +1 Morale to all dwarves. +1 Morale to all Elves. +1 Morale to all Demons. Oh yeah, that's interesting all right. The boy toys at least give you interesting upgrade option, as well as a few other tid bits here and there. The incubus impresses the women, and can lead them, the Moron can redeem himself to give you better access to hard to find (potentially) paladin units.

I think the Wives were pretty dull to be honest. I guess they could pop out children, though considering how worthless and random they were (Just like REAL kids! to an adventurer) I barely even count it.

Elwin
11-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I already said. Skills like upgrading are good. But their passive bonuses arent so good ...

elkston
11-29-2009, 03:05 AM
I got scarface to follow me very early on in the game, and I've kept him ever since. I have no benefit from his innate skills, I just use him for the extra artifact slots. I have thought of swapping him for another follower, e.g. the paladin on the nameless island, but I didn't find his skills useful at that moment, so I stuck with the current guy.

Yep. I got him early on and simply did not want to give up his artifact slot when given the choice of other followers.

Also, his ability to convert pirates to sea dogs was a HUGE money saver. I had a LEGION of sea dogs running around cutting things to pieces.

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Anyone use Trigger?

I currently have Avgares who is the best isn't he?

DGDobrev
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Trigger is useful only when making ranger armies. Agvares in my opinion has the most flexible slots available.

He's also great if you're a fan of the girl power armies :)

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-04-2009, 09:39 PM
So this Moro Dark fella. Is he better than Agvares? if you only use Death Knights I suppose he is. I'm not sure I want to spend the rest of the game only using Death Knights tbh..takes too long by the sound of it to finish battles which at the the moment take me 4/5 rounds maximum.

Elwin
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Hard to compare if its better, weak point of moro is no articact slot which can be problem for a warior, for mage not so much since he can have 3 artefactd anyway.

DGDobrev
12-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Moro is useful until you get the splinter from him. Then you can happily swap him with Agvares and enjoy his multitude of useful slots. I admit that +3 attack/+1 undead morale is pretty decent bonus, but that is easily alleviated but slapping a +5 Atk/Int Dead Skull on Agvares' artifact slot :)

rr1
12-05-2009, 11:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the game says there are 7 i only found 4 and finished the game:
THE PIRATE
THE ELF WIZARD
THE DWARF THAT GIVES CRITCAL bonus TO ARCHERS
THE PALADIN
WHERE ARE THE OTHERS?

Elwin
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
You missed moro dark in elon ( i bet you killed him XD), and agvares in shettera (in the cave where von cracow is located) oh and ORC on uzala island

rr1
12-06-2009, 01:40 PM
You missed moro dark in elon ( i bet you killed him XD), and agvares in shettera (in the cave where von cracow is located) oh and ORC on uzala island

what does moro 100% dark power do?

DGDobrev
12-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Nothing. It is 100% at start and it rises if you use undead or demons in your army (including reserves). If you get it to 0% by fighting demons and undead, you will get the Splinter of Dark item (Regalia), which, when equipped, gives +10 attack to all Black Knights and gives them the always retaliate trait.

Akimbo
12-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Moldok (The Orc) is one of the better retainers? His "skills" are pretty useless, but his items slots seem to be the best. Closely followed by Elenhel (The Mage). This is for a warrior by the way. I seem to be lacking Regalia/Artifact slots. :P

Elwin
12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
NOt realy, hes not bad but i go for jimmy or moro usualy

CurtisJasper
12-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Early on I like Elenhel for the extra shot at a 50% xp scroll with each scroll scribe, even if I'm not playing as a mage (sometimes means I need to find a +10 int scroll and buy lots of equipment to meet the 20 threshold). I also like throwing the Dress of the Princess on him, both because it provides nice bonuses and because it suits him well.

Later on my choice is usually more dependent on the gear I end up with than the unique abilities.

billythegreat
12-09-2009, 11:43 AM
For me Jimmy is the best .I use sea dogs ,and the +700 leadership is also good.

Xelian
12-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Is there a list of the companions and their bonuses somewhere. I will probably stuck with the Elf Wizard though he seems to have crappy slots...

Metathron
12-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Yes, the KB AP Info thread in the main forum.