PDA

View Full Version : Eviln spell

Hento
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM
What's up with this spell?
I tried to use it but it said no units to use spell on, and the variety of opposing army was pretty substantial, so if it doesn't work in most cases what's the point?

It' s good I quicksaved before buying it, so I didn't buy it in the end(it's very expensive).

And what does kill squad mean? what squads?

iankhadan
11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Kill a stack and then use it on the corpse. Pretty sure the enemy army didn't start out with any cells full of corpses.

Tibster
11-29-2009, 12:11 AM
And i think that it heals undead ( but i'm not sure ).

Hento
11-29-2009, 04:57 AM
Kill a stack and then use it on the corpse. Pretty sure the enemy army didn't start out with any cells full of corpses.

Wait a minute, I first have to kill the enemy stack, then use the Eviln on that corpse, and then what? It just raises dead from that corpse? nothing else?
Why does it say that it kills 40% squads?

DGDobrev
11-29-2009, 09:54 AM
It raises an evlin from the corps that attacks other nearby squards. The damage looks similar to the Ball of Lightning. I used that spell only a few times. It's not that efficient in my opinion, but it is fun.

Tibster
11-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Can someone use evelin to resurect undead.
I remember that early on this board someone sai that if a undead unit walks in the evelin it is healed, so can someone chek if this is permanent ?

DGDobrev
11-29-2009, 01:36 PM
well, it is permanent. I just lost 60 ghosts and managed to recover them from a dead stack with the evlin spell and ended up with 377 - the starting number. No losses recorded.

What I can't confirm for now is whether this way you can grow a stack. I'll have to check it sometime.

Hento
11-29-2009, 01:42 PM
It raises an evlin from the corps that attacks other nearby squards.

So, when that Evlin randomly attacks some squad it kills 40% of it?

DGDobrev
11-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Yup. If the stack is big, the damage can be severe. However, by the time you get to that point (meaning corpses in the field), usually no stack is big enough for the spell to pay off for its mana - a whopping 35 on lvl 3 per cast.

Ball of Lightning on the first round is the much better choice :)

Hento
11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Ball of Lightning on the first round is the much better choice :)

That's not a spell...

Tibster
11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
But this gives a chance to undead lovers.

DGDobrev
11-29-2009, 01:52 PM
That is something you can use in your advantage. So it's all the same.

I have confirmed that the Evlin spell CAN NOT be used to grow stacks, only to recover lost units. Well, that is more than enough good news anyway.

rollems
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
i have a confusion.
so if i use elvin on corpse. then some other unit comes on, elvin will kill 40% of it. but will not ressuruct undead.
to recover lost units i need to step my undead unit on it. meaning then it cannot kill40%.

am i correct to say. you either recover or kill at a time. but not both at same time right? or is there some trick i am missing?

KongMysen
04-16-2010, 12:27 PM
The Eviln will target a close target within a few rounds. If its an undead 10-20 or 30% of the original stack size will be ressurected/raised. If its anything except undead the Eviln will kill 30-40-50% of the current stack size. You can also step onto the Eviln yourself or lure the magnificent AI to suicide walk into it like you would with traps, but once the Eviln is used either way it will dissappear.