PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see this?

Hento
11-27-2009, 05:03 AM
This game is so great in so many ways(it would be better if there was a male character to play as) that it got me thinking that what I would really love is the SF version of King's Bounty, imagine more units like Guard and Repair Droids within SF universe, plasma weapons, lasers, all kinds of amazingly animated aliens and robots, much greater variety of unit types, attacks and tactics as a result of SF setting, maps with factories, hi-tech strongholds, asteroid mining etc.,etc...

That would be so great, I can't stop thinking about it, it would be the greatest game ever!

I hope this will be their next project after Armored Princess...

arcainic
11-27-2009, 07:31 PM
This game is so great in so many ways(it would be better if there was a male character to play as) that it got me thinking that what I would really love is the SF version of King's Bounty, imagine more units like Guard and Repair Droids within SF universe, plasma weapons, lasers, all kinds of amazingly animated aliens and robots, much greater variety of unit types, attacks and tactics as a result of SF setting, maps with factories, hi-tech strongholds, asteroid mining etc.,etc...

That would be so great, I can't stop thinking about it, it would be the greatest game ever!

I hope this will be their next project after Armored Princess...

How about an Armored Pervert series?

DGDobrev
11-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Well, the idea is not bad, but I doubt that will happen - I'm not talking about armored pervert, arcainic probably had a fit of madness, because that wasn't a decent behaviour. I, for one, like Sci-fi, and would enjoy such game in sci-fi style. However, sci-fi us usually about lazers, blasters, phasers... Unless you put a klingon with a Bat'leth, every unit in the game will be ranged :D

Hento
11-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Unless you put a klingon with a Bat'leth, every unit in the game will be ranged :D

You never heard of Starcraft(zerg, protoss) or Dawn of War 1,2?

DGDobrev
11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Yes I did. But you need at least 40 melee units to make look like a balanced game with enough content (in KBAP there are more than 40). You simply game me 2 game examples. Correct me if I'm wrong but the zerg have only zergling and ultralisk as melee and the protoss have only the zealot and dark templar as melee. That's 4. Dawn of war has a bit more.

Ryastar
11-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the zerg have only zergling and ultralisk as melee and the protoss have only the zealot and dark templar as melee. That's 4. Dawn of war has a bit more.

Discounting all races' resource gather units, all of which are melee (but don't tend to be used for combat, for some reason, lol), there is also the archon for the tos, and let's not forget firebats from the terran.

DGDobrev
11-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Firebats hit a few squares away with their flame thrower, so they are a bit like the demonologists here. Archons have splash damage that also can hit a few squares away. As for the resource gathering units, you're right. Maybe they can be lvl 1 units :)

elkston
11-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry, I have very little interest in a sci-fi based game of this type.

A straight up RPG or adventure would be different. But fantasy just seems to fit better for these type of unit/turn based games.

JDR13
11-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Sorry, I have very little interest in a sci-fi based game of this type.

A straight up RPG or adventure would be different. But fantasy just seems to fit better for these type of unit/turn based games.

I agree.

Btw: Hi elkston. Still playing DA?

Hento
11-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Instead of a horse you could buy various ground and air vehicles...
You lack extrapolative power...imagine all units animated as well as the Guard and Repair Droids are..

Metathron
11-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I prefer the colourful fantasy setting to the usually grey and gloomy sci-fi worlds. If I want a taste of the latter, I can just look out the window. :P

elkston
11-29-2009, 03:11 AM
I agree.

Btw: Hi elkston. Still playing DA?

'sup JDR13!!!

I finished it once and was drained. I plan to go back and try again sometime.

My problem is that although you are encouraged to try different characters/combinations, etc. I always WANT to play the same type of guy in these games (an archer with competent melee as backup). I have no interest in playing a mage, a thief, a two handed warrior, etc.

So when I say I'll "play it again", what that really means is that I will reload from an earlier save and play the game in a different (perhaps more optimized) way now that I know where all the goodies are. I might try out different party members as well. And for SURE, I am going to go with a different romance option because I now detest Morrigan (knowing the ending).

PS. - Sorry for the off topic!

Ryder
11-30-2009, 02:26 AM
If there is anything more hateful that sci fi I am yet to see it. It's going to be painful enough playing with Dinosaurs.

There's a reason why NWC had to cancel the Forge town idea for Heroes 3, think about it.