PDA

View Full Version : CD version?

Yep.
11-27-2009, 04:24 AM
Hi! I've been looking forward to this game for a while, and I just heard from a friend that it was out. My question is, when will you guys release the game on CDs and such? I don't really feel safe with 500 dollars worth of games all on one Steam account, if you know what I mean. :P

Nike-it
11-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Hi! I've been looking forward to this game for a while, and I just heard from a friend that it was out. My question is, when will you guys release the game on CDs and such? I don't really feel safe with 500 dollars worth of games all on one Steam account, if you know what I mean. :P

The exact date is not specified yet. Watch announcements.

km2
11-27-2009, 03:15 PM
One more voice patiently waiting for you to get that boxed set out. Living in South Africa means there's an extra $15 in bandwidth charges to get it down. Of course I also like to just have the box! :)

Metroplex
11-27-2009, 07:13 PM
One more voice patiently waiting for you to get that boxed set out. Living in South Africa means there's an extra $15 in bandwidth charges to get it down. Of course I also like to just have the box! :)

In essence you pay twice, you pay for the game and also the downloading charges, which can sometimes go over your allocated amount per month. Here in Australia we don't have unlimited broadband, nearly all of the broadband businesses give you a set amount of GB per month, only one gives 100GB a month for $50... not unlimited like the USA or super fast like South Korea and Japan.
I guess the reason 1C is reluctant to release it on DVD now is to maximize profits, they know the minute they release it on DVD it will be sold at a discount at many game retailers and if you bid well for peanuts on eBay.:grin:

lauvhk
11-28-2009, 05:41 AM
I guess the reason 1C is reluctant to release it on DVD now is to maximize profits, they know the minute they release it on DVD it will be sold at a discount at many game retailers and if you bid well for peanuts on eBay.:grin:

I can see the point but that's exactly how I got KB:TL in the first place -quite a bargain comparing with the download price, and if KB:TL wasn't released in box, I might have never played the game.

/shrug

Metroplex
11-28-2009, 07:58 AM
You know, this shift in preference by 1C to release the games they publish as a DL-only first, is quite new, I remember when they released Necrovision, the game immediately was on sale as a DL and as a DVD, none of this bulls**t about DL now and making us wait for the DVD later.
Majesty 2 is another, straight to DVD.
Now it is just not KB:AP that we have to wait for the DVD for but also A farewell to dragons and Planet Alcatraz and most likely the other future games 1C releases, if they go this road I hope they realize the mistake they're making by denying the game to those that can't or won't buy DL games.