PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot guys....

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Do you know how much time I have spent playing this game recently? Obviously not, well....it's a lot. I'm inspired to lead in this game!

Oh ty ty ty ;):cool: I hate you for making me spend so many hours playing this damn game when I could be doing other things I don't want to do as much! I'm addicted and no longer care about the outside world :(

IC company you have a lot to answer for, no doubt the divorce proceeding are underway for a few with families.

Damn you, Damn you to hell!!!!

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Rofl

Sortvind
11-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I was going to bed 11 pm yesterday, just thought i do one battle.
Suddenly i looked at the clock and it was 4am.
My eyes looked liked raped tomatoes and my legs had frozen due to lack of movement.

Thanks a lot indeed!!

Metathron
11-26-2009, 10:45 PM
When I'm in class teaching, all my students look like critters from the game.

Not really, but I do think about the game a lot outside of playing it!

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-26-2009, 11:35 PM
It's a tactical/strategical mindset you have to get into, I love it! I'm not into FPS games but I appreciate that they push boundries of graphics on more and more so I suppose they are good for that. I did like Bioshock though, beautiful/funny game, great story and very arty. I can't help thinking though, if more kids were into this sort of game as opposed to running around shooting things/people in airports. Wouldn't that be better?

Just my opinion of course.

Direwolf
11-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Yep, put me on the list...i think i've had like 3 hours of sleep a night since last week. My wife, fortunately is understanding and knows the feeling as she has done the same with a couple of shooters (Resistance fall of man).

It's funny really the things that you are thankful for on THANKSGIVING. A great game and a hot wife that will let you play. (pun intended)

LOL!!

DW:rolleyes:

Zhuangzi
11-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Yeah, you know you are addicted to the game when you get up at 6am, read the forum and post in a few threads, play for an hour before getting ready for work, come home and play for an hour or so before dinner, then read the forum and post in a few threads. All of this before the main play session in evening. :eek:

Metroplex
12-01-2009, 01:55 AM
People take it easy, it's only a game, no need to try to play it all at once by cramming all those hours in one go! I know it is a great game, from the demo at least, but I wouldn't miss my sleep because of it. There is no rush to finish it, it should be enjoyed slowly, just like wine.

P.S. To Kings Bounty Hunter:
You are referring to the infamous scene in Modern Warfare 2 where you have to shoot a group of innocent civilians aren't you?

DGDobrev
12-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah, you know you are addicted to the game when you get up at 6am, read the forum and post in a few threads, play for an hour before getting ready for work, come home and play for an hour or so before dinner, then read the forum and post in a few threads. All of this before the main play session in evening. :eek:

*gasp*

Why do I see way too many similarities between this post and my own KBAP experiences ;)

Petwin
12-01-2009, 08:24 AM
This games is up there with my all time favourites Fallout 1&2 (not 3:mad:), MOO2, XCOM, Baldur's Gate and Warcraft III. I sleep just enough to avoid falling asleep at work. :)
Kings Bounty Hunter allready said it, it's the "tactical/strategical mindset" I get into. Yes, it's only a game, and not an especially deep or difficult one. But it really pushes my "effort&reward"-buttons. I wish I could feel this feeling of "flow" in my "real" life ;)

Elwin
12-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Yep its addicting , i can play it all the time. There are many other great titles which i played but i can play them for let say 30min-1hr and i do break to check forum and doing other things. When i start KB:AP its diffrent when i start it evening a while later i alt tab and notice its 1-2 am already :p geez how fast the time is passing than :p

DGDobrev
12-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Absolutely, Elwin.

And while in KBTL battles were long and tedious till you resurrect all of it back, while in KBAP almost each battle is different and requires diverse strategies. This is why I can't stop till I try most of it. All that's left is to try specific armies - demons, undead, lizards, orcs, dwarves, elves... At least without regard to score line and game time :)

Elwin
12-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I have started hard warrior now, maybe no loss dint know .. so far cleared verona and no losses like 110 no loss or smg like that. Since no r.griffs and demonoligsts in my game i used the same army you used on your mage. only problem is my sacrifice dmg is low and i can get only 1 gorguana and no choshas so i will have to run to reha to restock army.

Zhuangzi
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Absolutely, Elwin.

And while in KBTL battles were long and tedious till you resurrect all of it back, while in KBAP almost each battle is different and requires diverse strategies. This is why I can't stop till I try most of it. All that's left is to try specific armies - demons, undead, lizards, orcs, dwarves, elves... At least without regard to score line and game time :)

Absolutely. As good as TL was, it was far too long and Resurrecting was a pain. Not so in AP. :cool:

Elwin
12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Yep thats why i never tried no loss in lEgend, its just boring... game is mean to be fun

Shield
12-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I was going to bed 11 pm yesterday, just thought i do one battle.
Suddenly i looked at the clock and it was 4am.
My eyes looked liked raped tomatoes and my legs had frozen due to lack of movement.

Thanks a lot indeed!!

LOL that happened to me two nights ago too! Luckily we have a 4 month old so I just tell people at work that my kids have been keeping me up late.

Now at work I try to figure out a way to sneak out so I can go home and play!
I'm at level 40 now; probably about 2/3 of the way through. Brilliant game and worth every penny, just like KB:TL.

Metathron
12-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I called work yesterday and said there was a plumbing emergency. :eek:

Don't tell anyone, though, it's a secret. ;)

Petwin
12-04-2009, 09:39 AM
LOL that happened to me two nights ago too! Luckily we have a 4 month old so I just tell people at work that my kids have been keeping me up late

Same here. My daughter has her 1st birhtday tomorrow. The last weeks she wakes up in the middle of the night a lot. Or so my colleagues think...;)

Ryder
03-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Yep thats why i never tried no loss in lEgend, its just boring... game is mean to be fun
One thing that Legend wasnt was boring. I played it 9 times in a row and never got bored of it.

My no loss impossible Paladin game was fantastic. Nuff said.

ckdamascus
03-29-2010, 09:09 PM
I knew I could not be the only one! First day I played this game, I did not sleep. Non-stop insanity.

After a couple of weeks, the insanity is dying down a little now, but man, this is some seriously addictive stuff. I am up there with everyone else who cited great classics like MOO... this is just a fantastic game.