PDA

View Full Version : Higher Magic

TheHourOfTheMice
11-26-2009, 06:25 AM
hello all, i just had a quick question about higher magic. my mage is nowhere near far enough down the tree to get it, but i was wondering about the wording. does it boost the power of low level spells along with allowing you to doublecast (like, given equal int, a mage's fire arrow does more damage than a warrior's...i know a mage has more int, but for comparison's sake)? or does it simply mean that as long as you don't spend any more than the mana it states, you can cast the same spell again?

also, i was wondering if you could cast, say, a fire arrow for 5 mana, then use the second higher magic cast on a spell that costs more than the mana cost limit (i.e. fire arrow followed by a max rank call of nature for 40ish mana)? or are you limited to spells that only cost up to the mana limit on the 2nd cast?

finally, not that i've found sacrifice yet, but how does it work in KBAP? can you sacrifice summons? how about mind controlling an enemy and then sacrificing them?

thank you!

arcainic
11-26-2009, 07:37 AM
hello all, i just had a quick question about higher magic. my mage is nowhere near far enough down the tree to get it, but i was wondering about the wording. does it boost the power of low level spells along with allowing you to doublecast (like, given equal int, a mage's fire arrow does more damage than a warrior's...i know a mage has more int, but for comparison's sake)? or does it simply mean that as long as you don't spend any more than the mana it states, you can cast the same spell again?

also, i was wondering if you could cast, say, a fire arrow for 5 mana, then use the second higher magic cast on a spell that costs more than the mana cost limit (i.e. fire arrow followed by a max rank call of nature for 40ish mana)? or are you limited to spells that only cost up to the mana limit on the 2nd cast?

finally, not that i've found sacrifice yet, but how does it work in KBAP? can you sacrifice summons? how about mind controlling an enemy and then sacrificing them?

thank you!
higher magic doesn't boost spell damage, each level allows you to double cast twice, 4x, 6x, at 10, 15, 20 mana respectfully for the first spell.

from what i've heard, sacrifice basically sac a unit of one of your stack to boost the number of another of your stack, ppl mentioned sacing lvl 5 units

Zechnophobe
11-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Sacrifice deals X damage to one unit, and ressurrects Y damage to another, where Y is 30%/40%/50% of X based on the level you cast the spell at. Note that higher level versions of sacrifice also do more damage, in addition to converting a better percentage.

You cannot cast it on a summon, and if you cast it on a mind controlled unit, it can only sacrifice for the unit that controlled it. IE, demonessess enthrall someone, you can sacrifice the thrall to give the Demoness more health.

Elwin
11-26-2009, 08:35 AM

thank you!

it works like that. You cast low cost spell and after high cost spell , or 2 low spells. If u cast high cost first on round you cant cast the second

travelingoz
11-26-2009, 08:37 AM
The problem may be that the unit you want to benefit from the sacrifice, has too high health for the power of the spell.
E.g. If i want to sacrifice something to get an extra Royal Griffin and if Sacfrice is only on level 1 @ 40%, the spell must be doing a minimum of 950 damage as their health is 300. Usually you will need at least level 2 sacrifice for the higher HP units.