PDA

View Full Version : Easter eggs

Lord_Loffen
11-25-2009, 02:43 PM
I have seen two easter eggs in the game so far.

1. In the high score. number 6(?) is a warrior called Altair. His picture is an assassin.

2. The other one is in the tutorial (warriors guild). His name is Master Card (mastercard).

Let's find the rest!

DGDobrev
11-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Here's a few from me.

The fight against Mistikus takes place on the same battlefield as the fight against Karador in KBTL. It always gives me the creeps, as that was the toughest battle in KBTL.

The Admiral on Rusty Anchor is Von Hausen. That is related to the stories for Baron Munhausen.

Urbz
11-25-2009, 03:45 PM
The Giant hunter near the abyss in the canal is called Lan Mandrago orso, refers to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lan_Mandragoranfrom the Wheel of Time series. Awesome books if you like fantasy btw ;)

DGDobrev
11-25-2009, 04:16 PM
In the Russian version, the Giant's name was Lan Mandragor, which is much closer to the original name. I wonder why they left the "r" out.

As for the books, I must admit they're great. Although Jordan sort of gets carried away from time to time :P

Elwin
11-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Lady Magnet - it automaticaly reminds me LAdy Makbet :P

Zhuangzi
11-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Not exactly an easter egg, but the Roads Architect makes a re-appearance in AP trapped under a ton of rock, and he has to 'disappear' similar to a quest very early in TL where a rock was supposed to turn into a shrine.

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 01:29 AM
OH, I almost forgot!!! On Umkas, you find Ben Gan from the Treasure Island, written by Robert Louis Stephenson :)

Some more:
Hogan, the orc, guarding the forward entrance to the frog on Dersu. Maybe something to do with Terry "Hulk" Hogan?
The fallen star - Je-Lo-Pi. Very Close to J-Lo-P, which is close to the nickname Jennifer Lopez used for a while J-Lo.

Nitelite
01-22-2010, 12:19 AM
In the Canal in Tekron, there is a guy that gives you a quest to talk to 3 people regarding his soap he wants to make. When you return to him, he informs you that while he was waiting, he went ahead and made some soap that he is calling Special Acidic Formeldahyde Emollient gard. Or Safe-gard. Safeguard ofcourse is a soap sold in the states.

azsportsfan
01-22-2010, 03:09 AM
I have seen two easter eggs in the game so far.

1. In the high score. number 6(?) is a warrior called Altair. His picture is an assassin.

2. The other one is in the tutorial (warriors guild). His name is Master Card (mastercard).

Let's find the rest!

Actually, his name (in English, at least) is Orson Card. He is a fairly well-known Science Fiction author. I believe they are paying homage to Orson Scott Card.

Nitelite
01-22-2010, 03:35 AM
Actually, his name (in English, at least) is Orson Card. He is a fairly well-known Science Fiction author. I believe they are paying homage to Orson Scott Card.

Think you are thinking of a different guy. There definitely is a Master Card in the English version.

azsportsfan
01-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Think you are thinking of a different guy. There definitely is a Master Card in the English version.

My apologies. Orson Card is the name of the first (or second?) trainer in the tutorial as a mage. I didn't know that they were different per hero type.

Dracan
01-23-2010, 01:20 AM
there is a Ragna the Butcher running the Thrasher on Bolo, that's one of the main characters from the recent fighting game Blazblue

Lord deSword
09-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Also, I'd like to add, although some of them might not be real Easter eggs:

The Barbarian Hero - Rake Yavik - the capital of Iceland where some of the Vikings/Berzerkers come from - Reykjavík

Thomas Torkve - a paladin gone insane in zealotry - somebody remembers Tomás de Torquemada, the founder of Spanish inquisition? A guy who inflamed by himself over 1000 stakes to burn the 'heretics'?

A vampire named Vlad is a cliche...

Von Cracov - Krakow is one of the biggest Polish cities, and there's one of the oldest, still working Universities in Europe in it.

Captain Cook - Captain Hook form Peter Pan

Big Uchkuk and Umkas - somewhat remind me of the book "The Last of the Mohicans", the Mohok father and son - Chingachgook and Uncas...

Professor Dambior - looks a lot like Dumbledore from Harry Potter

Sammail - Samael, Angel of Death in Jewish myths, lately one of the names of the Satan

Shenobi - Shinobi a.k.a. Ninja

impy
12-22-2012, 08:20 PM
dersu uzala is an excellent film made by akira kurosawa

BB Shockwave
02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
LOL, I never knew that. :)

Here is another one - the Lizardman hero who guards the Dwarven king, Hagni's father, is called Ftagn - which is a word from the famous Lovecraft chant "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"