PDA

View Full Version : Transmute and possible error

Sortvind
11-25-2009, 02:10 AM
I am not gonna shout out; Zomg a bug!!!
Rather, i am gonna ask you if you can clear something up for me.

The Ability Transmute, magic section, it gives you mana after killing a fiend and x2 that amount if one of your troops gets killed. Easy enough.
What i don`t get, is why i don`t get the mana if you kill the fiend using magic?
Might not be a bug, but it is damn annoying when i kill 3 using fireball and i could be in + instead of - 20 mana during that cast.
When i write kill fiend, i mean the whole stack.

All help and reply is appreciated :)

Zechnophobe
11-25-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a map object that gives leadership, other than those little flags you pick up, but there are altars that give experience. Are you sure the popup tip says leadership?

Sortvind
11-25-2009, 02:15 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a map object that gives leadership, other than those little flags you pick up, but there are altars that give experience. Are you sure the popup tip says leadership?

Not sure at all.
I am gonna kill my way through again to check if i have to :)
I clicked away the popup to fast.

Tibster
11-25-2009, 02:21 AM
It's xp , it uses the sign for leadership , but it's xp.

Sortvind
11-25-2009, 02:24 AM
It's xp , it uses the sign for leadership , but it's xp.

Aaaah, that explains why my brain auto-connected it to Leadership.
Thank you, you saved me some über hard fighting.
Got any views on the Transmute?

Tibster
11-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Transmute works only when a stack dies.

Sortvind
11-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Transmute works only when a stack dies.

That is correct, and it does work in that way, but not if the stack dies from a magic attack, thats what i find weird.

Tibster
11-25-2009, 03:20 AM
I checked and u are corect, i used area spells and 1 target spells , and u dont get any mana.
I think it's a oversight or a bug.

spamm
11-25-2009, 08:18 AM
What i don`t get, is why i don`t get the mana if you kill the fiend using magic?
Might not be a bug, but it is damn annoying when i kill 3 using fireball and i could be in + instead of - 20 mana during that cast.
When i write kill fiend, i mean the whole stack.
Not bug.
It would be a cheat.
example:
Transmute 3 lvl.
"i kill 3 using fireball" -10 mana and + 3*10 from transmute = +20 mana
In the game, and without that a lot of ways to get mana.

Mandea
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
it's the same reason for which you don't get rage when you use rage (that does damage). it would be a cheat.

DGDobrev
11-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Actually, there is no bug here, simply another discrepancy.

Here's the short Transmutation info from the russian version:

Converts the death sigh to mana
Mana is doubled for friendly units
Killing a summoned unit grants 1 mana, friendly summoned unit - 2.
Mana is NOT given when a stack dies from a SPELL, only from a direct attack by a unit.

I wonder how many things that have failed to translate properly in this game.

Sortvind
11-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you all for clearing that up for me!

Sandsai
12-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, you DO get mana if you drop a trap and the creature dies from the that.

aj2000
12-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I remember getting mana from units killed in trap from transmute normally, but no rage. Other direct damage spells however, generated rage normally but no mana from transmute.

On the otherhand, I think I also recall the ball lighting dragon skill generating a nice amount of rage, though DG was right in that its direct damage skill generates no rage (Though Ball lighting is the only indirect not counting summon)

I think spells and dragons skill that works indirectly are the exception to the general rules stated previously. Please correct me if I remembered wrong.

Zechnophobe
12-19-2009, 07:00 PM
That sounds right. Also, killing things with Rage abilities will trigger transmute. It is a pretty simple system. If you spent rage, you don't get rage unless the damage is delayed. Likewise with mana for transmute.