PDA

View Full Version : Paladin - is it just me...

leonjr
11-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Well, I'm playing Paladin on normal. It wasn't that hard at first, then game started to be quite diffilcut... And then I've arrived to Montero.
After clearing yellow (Stronger, Slightly Stronger etc.) enemies (I left a few bigger armies in Verona) I was about 20-22 level (really, cannot remember). I had no one relatively weak to attack so I've attacked necromancer in underground castle. He was marked as a Invincible. I've won without losses. "Screw that, it's cause I've got a lv3 Holy Anger", I tought. Came back to Verona, have attacked peasant hanging around Bristol. Very minor losses (a few bowmen). "Damn, that was so easy because he had only peasants and they suck". Next I've attacked Bristol. Minor casualties. Then I've started to clean Montero from heroes - Crazy Dwarf finally have stopped me (I have won but with major losses).

Seriously, all those heroes had at least a few level advantage and had their army marked as a Invicible or Lethal. I play rather standard human army (Paladins, Bowmen, Inquisitors, Guardsmen, Cavalry) and have rather standard tactic (or, to be more accurate - two tactics: one with Paladin tanking plus Cavalry charging at enemy's archers, and a second one with defending). I don't have many points Rage (now: 51 at 26 lv) nor Mana (37) nor Defence... Maybe that's because most units on Montera suck? Have anyone had same "killing spree" as me?

DGDobrev
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Right now I'm on my 140th no-loss battle as a Mage on impossible. But that's another thing, although it is a spree.

The game shows a relative projection of how the enemy army would feel compared to your own. It is based on leadership entirely. If the enemy army has a hero, every enemy hero level over your own counts as a leadership boost to the enemy army, thus pushing it slowly up to invincible. You need not worry about that until you get to the fighting itself. Especially on impossible, you will see a ton of invincible armies in your journeys.

As for a spree - Peter Drayn, Halt, Azzak, Odin Allem and Zebat in one go, without a single loss on impossible. It is fun when you make a versatile army that can beat the crap out of the heroes :)

Zechnophobe
11-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Phantoming paladins is a really good way to keep your troops alive, let me tell you! Phantom was already better than Gift in TL, in pretty much every occasion I can remember, and that remains true.