PDA

View Full Version : Trapper?

Shield
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm playing as a Paladin and I don't understand how to trap enemy troops. Is there some sort of an item I've missed? I'm to the point where I'm on "verona".

Shawn

Tibster
11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Trap is a spell and u could have read some of the other threads.

supersonu1
11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Look for "Trap" spell in your distortion magic. You should have got it by now.

Another thing to note is that Killing an enemy stack using Trap spell counts towards the medal not "just trapping" it. Although we are having an arguement over the purpose of trap spell and its requirement. If interested you can see this post:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11223

Shield
11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Look for "Trap" spell in your distortion magic. You should have got it by now.

Another thing to note is that Killing an enemy stack using Trap spell counts towards the medal not "just trapping" it. Although we are having an arguement over the purpose of trap spell and its requirement. If interested you can see this post:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11223

I don't have it yet. Remember, I'm playing as a Paladin. Is it something I should've picked up in the first 3 or so islands? Is it a quest reward?

I did do a search before I posted but couldn't find anything. I hate to miss out on aspects of the game!
Shawn

Kathos
11-24-2009, 06:05 PM
The first game I played I remember picking up trap fairly early, maybe from a dig I think. On the game I'm playing through now I have cleared the majority of the first 3 islands, and am working on Rusty Anchor and do not have trap. I also do not have slow, which is unbelievably frustrating at times =) I don't think they're set spells you are awarded, just chance that you get them.

Shield
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
The first game I played I remember picking up trap fairly early, maybe from a dig I think. On the game I'm playing through now I have cleared the majority of the first 3 islands, and am working on Rusty Anchor and do not have trap. I also do not have slow, which is unbelievably frustrating at times =) I don't think they're set spells you are awarded, just chance that you get them.

Wow you have bad luck - I had slow almost from the beginning and I've seen the scroll in 2-3 other places.

As a paladin, do you build up just the "mind" tab with the runes, or do you do just the "magic" tab? In KB:TL I used a Mage and built up magic the entire way. I'm trying to do a mix of mind and magic but I can't find enough runes to get built up either way...

Zechnophobe
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't have it yet. Remember, I'm playing as a Paladin. Is it something I should've picked up in the first 3 or so islands? Is it a quest reward?

I did do a search before I posted but couldn't find anything. I hate to miss out on aspects of the game!
Shawn

Spells, items, and many quest rewards are randomized in King's Bounty, so there is very likely no one place someone could tell you to get a spell.

The trap spell stops a unit in its tracks when it moves onto the trap, and does some damage to it. If you kill the stack outright with the trap, you get 1 point towards the medal. It is just one spell, and the medal is pretty hard to get, and not that useful. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Kathos
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow you have bad luck - I had slow almost from the beginning and I've seen the scroll in 2-3 other places.

As a paladin, do you build up just the "mind" tab with the runes, or do you do just the "magic" tab? In KB:TL I used a Mage and built up magic the entire way. I'm trying to do a mix of mind and magic but I can't find enough runes to get built up either way...

For paladin I get a couple essentials in the warrior tree, rage/dragon exp/rage generation. I try to get up to learning ASAP rank 1 because of the treasure hunting medal which is stupidly easy to get, and the exp item from Jimmy Kraud. 22% EXP is fairly nice, as well as the trophies skill which gives a bit of extra money early which is kinda needed for impossible early on. I'll get distortion and order magic as soon as I can after that, chaos isn't really needed since you shouldn't be boosting your intellect right away and you are only using the 2 spell sets for buffs/debuffs. Right now I'm working on getting down to voice of the dragon (I tend to have lots of animals in my army) and resurrection skills. After that I usually start working on bigger spells.
And yes, I've had a lot of ups and downs in my current campaign. Got lucky with Jimmy Kraud and finding the blood of the goddess for +700 leadership, and some really good items in shops once I get some money for them. Banner of True Faith + Paladins + Paladin hero = Powerhouse tanks.