PDA

View Full Version : Game slightly ruined

Hento
11-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Although I absolutely love many new changes like battle statistics, smarter and more balanced skills system for all 3 classes, sharper visuals of units and many many other things which make me regret that the original doesn't have all that....

But...all this is slightly, if not much, ruined by the fact that a main character is a half naked woman. How are you suppose to relate to that?

And original had such good selection of fine looking guys...it's a damn shame for all that progress in so many other areas to be ruined by such weird design decision that restricts you to play only as single half naked woman.

You could have at least make it so that the king had 2 children, boy and a girl, so you could select male or female character, just some minor tweaks to do story would be needed.

Are you maybe planning of doing that, as an update or something?

P.S.
I am very disappointed that you completely ignored this easy fix-
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6327

Also, how do you leave the first island?

Zhuangzi
11-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Is this a joke? 95% of the time you are forced to play as a male character in a game, and you don't hear female gamers complaining about that. This time it's a woman - it fits in with the story. Really, if this is your biggest problem with the game, then it must be an awesome game indeed (which it is).

You leave the island by boarding your ship and pressing the 'Distant Travel' button which appears above the minimap in the bottom right corner of the screen.

iankhadan
11-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Don't bother trying to relate to the half naked woman, just play the game and enjoy staring at her for hours on end! :grin:

Nike-it
11-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Hento, the choice was not given because of the storyline:) And I do not simply understand, what's wrong with Ameli? And if you don't like half neked women, just choose warrior or paladin class, both models are more then half dressed;)

Hento
11-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Is this a joke? 95% of the time you are forced to play as a male character in a game, and you don't hear female gamers complaining about that.

Of course, that's because 95% of players are male, not female, so it has to be that way, it's very hard to get into RPG when even your ingame gender is wrong...

Don't bother trying to relate to the half naked woman, just play the game and enjoy staring at her for hours on end!

You gotta be kidding me, you have 70% of internet content for those kind of things....btw, you do know what RPG means?

And no, and don't enjoy staring at her one bit, in fact, whenever I am reminded that I am playing as a woman the experience is lessened.

chanw4
11-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Of course, that's because 95% of players are male, not female, so it has to be that way, it's very hard to get into RPG when even your ingame gender is wrong...

You really beleive that 95% of players are male? And what does in-game gender have anything to do with 'getting into' RPG.

Hento
11-24-2009, 07:36 AM
You really beleive that 95% of players are male?

Sorry, my mistake, it's more like 99%.

And what does in-game gender have anything to do with 'getting into' RPG.

Everything, of course.

Infiltrator
11-24-2009, 07:37 AM
No, not 95% OVERALL GAMERS are male, but the figure isn't exactly far off. But when it comes to KB, I am willing to bet that 95% or even more is the male populace. Girl gamers usually play casual games like zuma and whatnot, KB is too complicated and involved for most girls to get into.

I don't mind the half-naked thing. I even put her nickname "Amelia the Napaljena" (Napaljena = Horny) to match her.

Nike-it
11-24-2009, 07:43 AM
No, not 95% OVERALL GAMERS are male, but the figure isn't exactly far off. But when it comes to KB, I am willing to bet that 95% or even more is the male populace. Girl gamers usually play casual games like zuma and whatnot, KB is too complicated and involved for most girls to get into.

I don't mind the half-naked thing. I even put her nickname "Amelia the Napaljena" (Napaljena = Horny) to match her.

It may be too complicated if you try to get the highest score, otherwise it is rather simple and what is more essential for female gamers looks like a beautiful fairy tale. I personally know many girls, who played it and enjoyed, even if they are very far from gaming.

Infiltrator
11-24-2009, 07:47 AM
I agree it does look "cute" to some extent and it may be a plus for girls (especially the dragon, which, even though I'm not a fan of, have grown a soft spot looking the way he plays with the snail).

But still, I haven't played on easy to figure out how easy the game on that setting is (I assume most of the 2-3% of girls that play KB will play on easy).

chanw4
11-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Sorry, my mistake, it's more like 99%.

Everything, of course.

I don't think many female will play this kind of game but saying 95% or 99% players are male is being ignorant.

Female protagonist is not uncommon in novel and that does not stop people (male and female) to get into (or immerse into) the story so the gender in this or any other game should not stop people from getting into the story. It's a problem of strong self awareness instead of game design or story plot.

chanw4
11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
I agree it does look "cute" to some extent and it may be a plus for girls (especially the dragon, which, even though I'm not a fan of, have grown a soft spot looking the way he plays with the snail).

But still, I haven't played on easy to figure out how easy the game on that setting is (I assume most of the 2-3% of girls that play KB will play on easy).

That is your prejudice on female gamer. There are (not many but they exist) hardcore female gamer.

Infiltrator
11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
That is your prejudice on female gamer. There are (not many but they exist) hardcore female gamer.

I don't see you're disagreeing with me.. How many professional female chess players do you know? I'm not saying females are stupid, their brain works on a different frequency, that's just the way it is.

hawker
11-24-2009, 07:57 AM
This is the dumbest thread on the forum.

chanw4
11-24-2009, 08:02 AM
I don't see you're disagreeing with me.. How many professional female chess players do you know? I'm not saying females are stupid, their brain works on a different frequency, that's just the way it is.

I'm agreeing with you that more male will play this kind of game but that is due to a lot of reason. What I'm disagreeing is that the ration between female and male gamer. 95% to 5% is a huge gap.

Second, I'm just saying the OP inability to get into the game because of the in-game gender is probably his own problem.

Infiltrator
11-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd ask the developers for that, I assume the ratio is 95:5 or even more in favor of males. Out of 100 people, I really can't see 10 of those who buy this game are females. But like I said maybe devs have made some public surveys and they can tell us.

I agree that the OP should learn to accept and embrace half naked women.

Nike-it
11-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Guys, let's stop this discussion, Katauri made a great game and I'm suprised, that female character appeared to be a problem for someone. If this issue is so important for you, you can always make a mod with male characters from original KB:)

Infiltrator
11-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Guys, let's stop this discussion, Katauri made a great game and I'm suprised, that female character appeared to be a problem for someone. If this issue is so important for you, you can always make a mod with male characters from original KB:)

LOL. Imagine doing that and having all the quest guys call your male character a beautiful princess :lol: :lol: :lol:

chanw4
11-24-2009, 08:25 AM
LOL. Imagine doing that and having all the quest guys call your male character a beautiful princess :lol: :lol: :lol:

He will need a complete overhaul of the quest dialog. At least they did not go with the use the 'husband' idea like they did the wife with KBTL