PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for the pet dragon to be doing most of the damage?

City Builder
11-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Is it normal in the beginning of the game for the pet dragon to be doing the majority of the damage? I notice at the end of combat if I extend the information panel to include more details it's almost every combat round that the pet dragon is usually doing substantially more damage than any of the minions that I have serving me.

Normal?

Kosiciel
11-24-2009, 12:21 AM
It's normal on the beginning of the game. And maybe later, when dragon has upgraded area attack with astral damage.

Kathos
11-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Depends what you're using, my first time through (for Debir at least, and part of Scarlet) my dragon was going a ton of the damage because I leveled the kick up to something like 540 damage or w/e it is and with inquisitors I just stacked my rage and spammed the kick. Careful though as you can't use the dragon in boss fights so if you put too much effort / runes into training the dragon your army may suffer a bit.
Now though my royal snakes are typically on top, dragon doesn't do much damage because I picked up treasure searcher (impossible mode, need the money badly!) and focus a lot on that. I really only use the dragon for the money, and a bit of combat control with the 1 space knockback (as I don't have slow, unfortunately)

City Builder
11-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Well according to the end combat results, he does about 49% of the damage in the combat round. I've not been putting any runes into training him thus far as far as I know, I have had the opportunity to level up one of his skills and took that bashing skill (sorry, can't remember the name) to where I think it now does 200 - 300 damage, as the last game I tried to play, I really just sort of watered him down by trying to master too many skills for the dragon so I quit playing that game (well that and because the camera mod only affects new games ;) ).

Ok, I'll see what happens as I go along, but as it is now, I think my army pretty much sucks beans in winter as I've not found much to take on, so it's pretty much the dragon and my own fire spell doing the majority of the damage. Will see what happens later on.

Thanks for the advise Kathos.

Elwin
11-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Its normal my brother soes like 80% damagfe with pet dragon