PDA

View Full Version : Are bowmen not counted as human? Morale bug?

elkston
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
My heroine is wearing a garmet that gives +1 morale to all humans. In addition to this, her companion also has the "Potrait of Bill Gilbert" artifact which grants the same bonus.

When I first purchased a group of Bowmen, as soon as they went into my stack, their morale was "High". I looked at the breakdown and it made sense. I got:

+1 - Commander in party (Also had guardsmen)
+1 - Ballroom dress
+1 - Portrait of Gilbert

But then, as soon as I moved the stack around in my group (to the far left slot), the morale changed to simply "Positive". The only bonus being the "Commander in Party".

The morale for the Guardsmen continues to be "Good" (taking the artifacts into account), but the Bowmen seems to stuck at Positive and the breakdown if you mouse over the morale does NOT include the artifacts. I even tried removing and putting back on the dress, portrait, etc... and nothing changed.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Why did it seem to be working for an instant and then stopped?

Keep in mind, that I do have the following mods installed:

--View Distance Camera Mod
--Interface Mod
--Contract Heroes Marked with (*) Mod

I wonder if they could be affecting it in some subtle way.

Kathos
11-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I think it's just a bug, whether its just a display bug or the morale is actually messed up I'm not sure. I had this happen to me as well, I had Paladins, Inquisitors, Priests, and Archers but only 2/4 had the proper morale boosts. When I moved them around, sometimes they would keep the morale and otherwise the morale would stay with whatever spot the army was in. So bowmen are human (as stated by the race icon in the stats window), just the morale doesn't seem to work properly all the time so lets just hope they patch it up soon!

elkston
11-23-2009, 10:39 PM
I think it's just a bug, whether its just a display bug or the morale is actually messed up I'm not sure. I had this happen to me as well ... just the morale doesn't seem to work properly all the time so lets just hope they patch it up soon!

Well, here's an update. I restarted the game, loaded up my save and the morale of the Bowmen was correct again (High)! It's possible I also could have corrected it by just reloading the save without starting the game over.

At any rate, there do seem to be some glitches! Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Update # 2:

This is interesting. I think the bug is limited to units that are in the far left slot. Every time I move a unit from its current position into that of the far left, it loses ANY morale bonus that is tied to items the hero is wearing. As soon as I move that unit away from the far left position, the bonuses come back.

Reloading the game will correct the bonuses in the far left slot as long as you don't move the stacks around and BACK into the slot.

It is possible that this problem is not just limited to morale bonuses -- but ANY type of change in status that is related to things the hero or companion is wearing (for instance -- critical hit bonuses, damage bonuses, speed bonuses, etc). It seems that some type of update procedure is not being run for units in the far left stack. But reloading the game or moving the stack to another slot forces these updates to run correctly.

Hmmm.. I wonder too if there might be corruption in my save game perhaps? It is odd that these problems are affecting a particular unit slot. Or NOT. I would be nice if I could have some confirmation on this from other players.

elkston
11-23-2009, 11:27 PM
BUMP. Read the update I wrote in the post above. If anyone else could confirm this glitch, it would be helpful.

CurtisJasper
11-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks for reporting that -- I hadn't really been paying attention. I don't know if it's the same bug or even related, but:

Evidently, once a droid type unit (always neutral morale) has inhabited a particular slot in the army, no unit will EVER have anything other than neutral morale in that slot. The only way to fix this is to restart the game and load a game with droids out of the party. At least, that's how it has been for me so far.

CurtisJasper
11-23-2009, 11:51 PM
And (at least in my case) this isn't just a display bug, because it affects the actual range of combat damage inflicted by the affected unit.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-24-2009, 12:18 AM
I've got the monks belt and it's not increasing my Inquisitors morale at all.

elkston
11-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Thanks for reporting that -- I hadn't really been paying attention. I don't know if it's the same bug or even related, but:

Evidently, once a droid type unit (always neutral morale) has inhabited a particular slot in the army, no unit will EVER have anything other than neutral morale in that slot. The only way to fix this is to restart the game and load a game with droids out of the party. At least, that's how it has been for me so far.

Wow. OK, this is starting to make sense now because I also purchased repair droids and they were indeed in that far left slot.

Really sucks if this turns out to be the cause.

Zhuangzi
11-24-2009, 06:24 AM
That sounds like it needs patching! I can't confirm whether this is so because I haven't used droids at all (thank God!)

iankhadan
11-24-2009, 06:29 AM
nooooooooooo! I just bought droids :(

Elwin
11-24-2009, 08:24 AM
hmm i have been using droids for a whgile and never noticed that