PDA

View Full Version : Who is a good partner?

CyberGuy
11-23-2009, 09:19 PM
I came across a sailor that can become your partner.

Is there a better partner to chose from instead of the sailor? How do you get rid of your partner if you don't want it anymore?

It is sort of like having a wife and kids in The Legend I guess.

DGDobrev
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Well, it all depends on the hero you play (warrior, paladin, mage), the items you find and the troops you are going to use. It is very hard to say which one is the best.

If you like using faeries, Agvares is the best.
If you want max intellect, Elenhel is the best.
If you use undead, Moron Dark is the best.
If you use orcs, Moldok is the best.

So... it is all up to you. Read the KBAP info thread and check their slots as well.

Kathos
11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
If you can pick up Jimmy Kraud early and find the blood of the goddess, he will definitely take you pretty far with that +700 leadership on top of the ability to upgrade pirates to sea dogs. Take a look at the info post from DGDobrev though he has all of the partners listed and make sure you find out what each of them does when you toss them back on the street! In regards to Jimmy Kraud if you're lucky you can get the blood of the goddess from the second viking ship shop on Bolo island (not from the bigamist with the quest). Otherwise its guaranteed on one of the other islands I forget which.

Querulous
08-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Jimmy Kraud - it says in his abilities he can upgrade/train units. Probably a silly question but exactly how / where can I use this ability ? May be obvious but please advise what to select/press if this something I have overlooked

ShuiMienLung
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
If you use undead, Moron Dark is the best.

I disagree, particularly for a warrior. Moro has no Artifact slot, which means that you cannot wear the three-piece Undead set (the skull [+5 atk/+5 int], the glove [+10% exp], and the one I can't remember) which would give +1 initiative & +1 move to all undead. If you're running solo Black Knights with high Adrenaline skill, that would give them an "every turn" move of five (5), 7 if there's a mana orb in the path, 9 if you have not yet used Running.

Personally, I would get Moro early in order to rack up the combats and get the shard, then drop him and get Jimmy Kraud. Jimmy has better item slots.

Volcano
09-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Jimmy Kraud - it says in his abilities he can upgrade/train units. Probably a silly question but exactly how / where can I use this ability ? May be obvious but please advise what to select/press if this something I have overlooked

Go to the Hero screen and click on Jimmy's face. If you have a unit he can upgrade, there will be a dialogue option for it. Bear in mind that if, for example, you have the maximum number of Pirates and you have him upgrade them to Sea Dogs, you'll end up with more Sea Dogs than you can control so you might want to have an open reserves slot to put the extras in.

ShuiMienLung
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
And he will convert the ENTIRE STACK; there is no dialog box asking "how many do you want to do" (which honestly I think would be a nice addition).

Vecna
04-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Of course Moro Dark beacuse I usually use undead creatures.

Fatt_Shade
04-01-2012, 09:33 PM
As DGDobrev said long ago it all depends what game you play : class, army, playstyle . . .
Companion is important as for his passive bonus, and skills (moro dark upgrading knights into black knights , jimmy kraud upgrading pirates etc) but more important are his item slots because those you can change between battles and depending of next quest/problem you need to pass.
For high lvl run, elenhel is only choice, for black knight unlimited retaliation build moro dark is a must , for impy`s 14 battle end game jimmy kraud with blood potion . . .
@Vecna For undead army moro is great companion, but if you wanted to get splinter of darkness item for set you must play with no undead units in you`re army until you get item, and after that if you find all undead set changing moro for agraves is better option.
But it`s all fro fun and game, and not every1 play for impossible/no loss. So just go around and try different things to see what you like most in this great game :-)

Vecna
04-02-2012, 03:36 PM
As DGDobrev said long ago it all depends what game you play : class, army, playstyle . . .
Companion is important as for his passive bonus, and skills (moro dark upgrading knights into black knights , jimmy kraud upgrading pirates etc) but more important are his item slots because those you can change between battles and depending of next quest/problem you need to pass.
For high lvl run, elenhel is only choice, for black knight unlimited retaliation build moro dark is a must , for impy`s 14 battle end game jimmy kraud with blood potion . . .
@Vecna For undead army moro is great companion, but if you wanted to get splinter of darkness item for set you must play with no undead units in you`re army until you get item, and after that if you find all undead set changing moro for agraves is better option.
But it`s all fro fun and game, and not every1 play for impossible/no loss. So just go around and try different things to see what you like most in this great game :-)

I can find splinter of darkness but I have good items and I think my good items are better than splinter of darkness. But then I will find splinter of darkness set items and I will try for you. Thanks for your idea. :grin:

Not: Sorry for my english. :(

Fatt_Shade
04-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I`m not saying you have to go undead army, but they have 2 great item set`s undead set (undead amulet , hand of necropolis , pain skull) and set of darkness ( black helmet , splinter of darkness). For splinter try http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17416&highlight=splinter , or http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12366&highlight=splinter because there is no other way to get that item in game.

Vecna
04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I`m not saying you have to go undead army, but they have 2 great item set`s undead set (undead amulet , hand of necropolis , pain skull) and set of darkness ( black helmet , splinter of darkness). For splinter try http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17416&highlight=splinter , or http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12366&highlight=splinter because there is no other way to get that item in game.

Good! I didnt know it. I will try. Thank you bro. :grin:

Vecna
04-08-2012, 12:20 PM

I couldn't find splinter of darkness. I killed all demons and undead in nameless and sheterra but I don't broke curse of moro dark. What can I do? :(

Metathron
04-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Try looking for demons and undead elsewhere. Hopefully, you haven't killed all the stacks containing them, otherwise you won't be able to get the splinter.