PDA

View Full Version : Is King's Bounty: Armored Princess for the Xbox 360?

xgmx
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Or is it just for PC and Steam?

Tibster
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Lol!

blacktick
11-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Why do you refer steam as a separate platfrom?
The game is available on steam,GG,impulse etc...

And no..it's not on 360. :D

City Builder
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
The really LOL thing here is that it seems to me that KB screams out to be a perfect type of game for the Xbox, kind of surprised that they didn't create a console version as well, don't get me wrong, Im very pleased it's on the PC as that's my primary gaming source but I'd surely give it a go if it were on the Xbox due to how the controls for the game are it seems very intuitive that it would be perfectly suited for a console game.

P.S. Steam has it on $5.00 off (at least they did when I bought it late last night, early this morning for anybody looking to buy digitally

Infiltrator
11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Don't want any King's Bounty games on consoles, they make everything retarded so 10 year olds don't get confused.

Harakiri
11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
The really LOL thing here is that it seems to me that KB screams out to be a perfect type of game for the Xbox, kind of surprised that they didn't create a console version as well

that makes no sense - there is virtually NO strategic game on ANY console - console games are action, rpg etc

Kathos
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
that makes no sense - there is virtually NO strategic game on ANY console - console games are action, rpg etc

There are many strategic games on console, and being that this is turn based combat its totally perfect for a console release. Maybe 1C could look into a console release and get the game out there a little more?

blacktick
11-23-2009, 06:57 PM
There are strategy games on consoles,but they haven't faired all that well due to a good reason,gamepad is not really suitable for the genre.
Even though KB is turn based,it would still be cumbersome on consoles. I don't wish future titles of KB(if there will be any) to be on consoles,we would see a decline in features(believe it or not).

And I'm sad to lose rpg's to consoles. Them turning up to be more action games with rpg elements rather than true rpg's. Don't want strategy games turning like that too (coughbrutallegendcough)...

City Builder
11-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Yes, what Kathos said!

Just because developers and publishers have dumbed down some console games doesn't mean they have to. It's up to them to preserve the standards of the game when they convert it or create it for the console. The controller would seem to me to be perfectly suited for KB, after all what are you doing with the mouse, you're simply guiding your princess around the landscape and then in battle your simply selecting the minion to use. When it comes to the buy/sell/and or castle screens theres nothing intricate going on in there either. The mechanics of how the game is controlled in KB is perfectly suited for a console. I've seen a handful of games that were made for PC and then ported over to console that were done quite well, and of course I've seen some that should never have been ported to console (in my opinion).

Not every game is well suited for the controls of a console but this one seems it would be. Personally, If I could only afford one or the other, I'd choose the PC version every time as that's what I'm most comfortable with but I'd not be opposed to the same version as what's on the PC being made for the console for when I feel like being more slouchy on the sofa. Anyway, moot point right? Since it's not available on the consoles.

Harakiri
11-23-2009, 11:15 PM
There are many strategic games on console, and being that this is turn based combat its totally perfect for a console release. Maybe 1C could look into a console release and get the game out there a little more?

no you are wrong, not even 1% of console games are strategic - there is no mouse - hence it would be a pain to control them, the only strat games are card like games

City Builder
11-23-2009, 11:51 PM
no you are wrong, not even 1% of console games are strategic - there is no mouse - hence it would be a pain to control them, the only strat games are card like games

Command & Conquer [better on the PC]
Tropico 3 (a city building strategy/simulation game) [better on the PC]
Red Alert 3 [better on the PC]
Civ Revolution [MUCH better on the PC]
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Supreme Commander [better on the PC]
Supreme Commander 2
End War [better on the PC]
Universe at War: Earth Assault [better on the PC]

None of which out of the ones that I've played on the PC are card style games. I didn't bother to look to see if there were any indie strategy games as I generally don't find them entertaining. Less than 1%, yes I agree but definitely not ONLY card style strategy games on the console.