PDA

View Full Version : Assassins?

Infiltrator
11-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Seems like a really decent hit and run/pseudo ranged unit, especially when coupled with movement imparing spells. I'm playing mage on normal and I still haven't found a place to recruit them so I was just looking for impressions forum posters might have regarding this unit.

Zhuangzi
11-23-2009, 10:17 AM
There should be a supply of them when you first reach Verona. In one of the shops where you start off. My general impression of the Assassin is that they seem good at first (especially their special teleport attack) but they are too weak to use as a tank and I tended to lose too many of them as they were a melee unit. Others may have found more of a use for them, but I think Royal Snakes are a better unit overall.

Elwin
11-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Yep ther is high possibilty that they wiil be in Verona

Infiltrator
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
There should be a supply of them when you first reach Verona. In one of the shops where you start off. My general impression of the Assassin is that they seem good at first (especially their special teleport attack) but they are too weak to use as a tank and I tended to lose too many of them as they were a melee unit. Others may have found more of a use for them, but I think Royal Snakes are a better unit overall.

Thanks for the info. I am highly reliant on Royal Snakes myself, but I never use them to tank things. Was planning on using the Assassins in the same way. Are there any items that they benefit from?

Elwin
11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Assasin's dagger

Tibster
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
They dont take to bufs , so they sukkkk.

Infiltrator
11-23-2009, 01:22 PM
They dont take to bufs , so they sukkkk.

Not much of a buffer to be honest. I just focus on debuffing or nuking (mage).

Tibster
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
They have a ability that prevents them from benefiting from bafs, so no haste .... etc , so they suk.

Urbz
11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
They have a ability that prevents them from benefiting from bafs, so no haste .... etc , so they suk.

True although this also means no negative buffs ;)
I really like using them since they are just so rogue-ish and the skills are pretty awesome. ( you can backstab, in the next turn kill somoene with murder then instantly backstab again, good fun! )
But indeed there's probably better options, although in the end its a matter of taste, can't hurt trying them. I didn't regret it anyways.

Ryastar
11-24-2009, 11:02 PM
no, they take negative buffs, just no positive ones.

Urbz
11-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Ah okay good to know! I just assumed it would be similar to the guardian spirit griffins, oh well my assa's pretty much dont get hit by debuffs anyways :)

JGary321
11-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Personally as a unit to use in the beginning I liked them a lot. I would always wait on their first action, so the enemy could run out a bit & then use their backstab. Then when the enemy got close I could use Murder & then immediately backstab again b/c of murder's special. I loved them as a burst damage unit.

I got rid of them as soon as I got demonesses though =)

Tianx
04-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I would use them more frequently if they are lvl 3 units. Being lvl 4 units and no buff means they will die quite a bit and 30 mana to resurrect them is just not worth it. That's why they start to phase out mid-late game.