PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't my Paladin resurrecting my guard droids?

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-22-2009, 08:56 PM
:evil:

I won't get those 15 minutes of my life back again :-P Clearly states they can resurrect machines, plants if they are in an adjacent cell, which they were. Left the repair droid out of the army as I was fighting Richard the tw*t on the 2nd island. If I use a repair droid in my army, his lvl 5 ogre (should this really be on the 2nd Island?) steals it's movement ability and waltzes 8/9 places and is right on my doorstep, wipes out three of my Inquisitors and I can only resurrect two...start again etc etc

What have I not understood about this ability........

Metathron
11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know why the paladin won't resurrect them, even though I find it doesn't make sense to me that should be able to do use that with plants and mechanical units.

Re: the ogre, the same thing happened to me, so the second time around I tried a different tactic. Namely, I surrounded him with my dragon's wall, so he spent all of those action points on breaking the wall, which he did not succeed in, so another unit had to pitch in. ;)

Zhuangzi
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
They don't resurrect Royal Thorns either. They're plants. :confused:

Tibster
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Are u talking about the creature "paladin" , he cant resurect units that have been totaly destroyed, that is all.

DGDobrev
11-22-2009, 09:56 PM
The Paladin hero can resurrect everything - plans, mechs, lvl 5's, etc, provided he has the resurrection skill.

The Paladin unit resurrects level 1-4 living units. No mechs, no thorns, no 5 lvl units.

As such, you should be really careful. Playing with droids is interesting and provides some easy time. However, such a gameplay requires that you split the mechanics stack in 2 equal parts, so that you can fix both the battle droids and the mechanic droids if you suffer casualties. The other 2 stacks are up to you. Some strong ranged units - like cyclops + demonologists or Inquisitors + Demonologists will fit here nicely.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
The Paladin hero can resurrect everything - plans, mechs, lvl 5's, etc, provided he has the resurrection skill.

The Paladin unit resurrects level 1-4 living units. No mechs, no thorns, no 5 lvl units.

As such, you should be really careful. Playing with droids is interesting and provides some easy time. However, such a gameplay requires that you split the mechanics stack in 2 equal parts, so that you can fix both the battle droids and the mechanic droids if you suffer casualties. The other 2 stacks are up to you. Some strong ranged units - like cyclops + demonologists or Inquisitors + Demonologists will fit here nicely.

Now i'm even more confused. I have 11 Paladins (what is a paladin hero?), I surrounded him with Guard and repair droids and when i told him to resurrect, he only resurrected himself. That is not what it says he should do, he should resurrect the surrounding units also, as per his ability information...so why isn't doing it?

DGDobrev
11-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Paladin hero is AMELIE, PALADIN class.

Paladin unit is the gold-armored Knight from KBTL. He resurrects only living organisms of level 1, 2, 3, and 4.

The droids have the ability MECHANICAL, meaning they are mechanical objects. This means that they cannot be resurrected, do not succumb to mind effects, and have high poison resistance. Read the ability description carefully.

For the same reason, the Thorns are PLANTS. Plants cannot be resurrected.

Metathron
11-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Paladin hero is AMELIE, PALADIN class.
Paladin unit is the gold-armored Knight from KBTL. He resurrects only living organisms of level 1, 2, 3, and 4.

In that case the ingame description of his ability is wrong/misleading:

"Capable of resurrecting dead troops, plants and even machinery."

Like I said, it didn't make sense to me when I first read that (haven't had them in my army yet), as it seemed along the lines of something like "Oh I beseech thee, Lord, to imbue my broken toaster with...ummm...life again." :-P

DGDobrev
11-22-2009, 10:28 PM
You guys keep on mixing the Paladin hero and the Paladin unit's descriptions - but I'm glad you're grasping it now :)

Amelie, Paladin class, with Resurrection SKILL level 3 can resurrect everything, even mechanicals, plants and black dragons. So she is:
"Capable of resurrecting dead troops, plants and even machinery."

The PALADIN UNIT/TROOP whatever you wish to call it, can resurrect only adjacent level 1-4 living units.

It is as simple as that.

Metathron
11-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Ummm...no.

If you right click the paladin UNIT, then hover over the Prayer talent, it says (among other things) what I quoted above.

DGDobrev
11-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Well, I see it. In that case, that would apply to machinery that doesn't have the mechanical ability (and I can't even think of one!), or plants that doesn't have the Plant ability (and I can't think of one again!).

It would appear that the description is very misleading.

Here's the translation of those 2 abilities:

Plant:
Thorn Hunter, Thorn Warrior, Royal Thorn, Ent, Royal Ent
All plants have 100% vulnerability to Fire
50% poison resistance
Resistance to the following spells: Healing, Resurrection, Plague, Weakness, Necro Call
Resistance to the following abilities: Healing, Resurrection, Prayer, Necro Call
Resistance to the following debuffs: Bleeding, Shocking, rage (it cannot go out of control when bitten by a wolf, werewolf, etc.)

Mechanical:
Droid Guard, Droid Mechanic
Always neutral morale
Immulity to Poison (80%)
Vulnerability to magic (-50%)
Cannot be healed or resurrected

EDIT: BTW, sorry about my previous posts. The russian version didn't have that idiotic discrepancy, so I expected everything to be normal here as well. I guess I was sorely mistaken.

Prayer description in the Russian version:

Heals and resurrects units around the paladin, recovering 24 points (24 for each paladin in the stack) of health. Affects only level 1-4 creatures. Undead and Demons next to the paladin receive 14-16 magic damage and run away in fear. Does NOT resurrect dead stacks, plants and mechanic units.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Case closed

Paladins can resurrect themselves, but nothing else.

EDIT "Heals and resurrects units around the paladin, recovering 24 points (24 for each paladin in the stack) of health" I'll be testing that tomorrow :)

Ryastar
11-23-2009, 01:46 AM
It does res those around themselves too, it has definitely saved me from having losses already. It just can't res plants or mechanicals, despite saying that it does.

Zhuangzi
11-23-2009, 06:53 AM
Case closed

Paladins can resurrect themselves, but nothing else.

EDIT "Heals and resurrects units around the paladin, recovering 24 points (24 for each paladin in the stack) of health" I'll be testing that tomorrow :)

No, no. Paladins definitely DO resurrect other creatures (in fact zero losses is pretty much impossible without them) but they don't apparently resurrect droids OR Royal Thorns. I know from experience about the Thorns.. :rolleyes:

But the description is obviously wrong.

Mandea
11-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Yes, I also noticed that. but the description says something else. and there is another error in another description, I just don't remeber right now what it is about.
to translate a game in 6 months with such errors? :(

DGDobrev
11-23-2009, 09:27 AM
I can't help but wonder about the same thing. There are so many idiotic discrepancies in this game that I wonder which 5th grader translated this game. Another discrepancy you'll see in the trapper medal:

"Without any regard to kind"

Yeah, RIGHT! It still works at before. Summoned creatures do not count, only friendly or enemy troops that have been completely destroyed by the trap.

Urbz
11-23-2009, 09:52 AM
I can't help but wonder about the same thing. There are so many idiotic discrepancies in this game that I wonder which 5th grader translated this game. Another discrepancy you'll see in the trapper medal:

In soviet russia, babelfish translates you! ;)

I'm not sure why translating took this long but it was worth the wait for sure!

Mandea
11-23-2009, 09:57 AM

Yeah, RIGHT! It still works at before. Summoned creatures do not count, only friendly or enemy troops that have been completely destroyed by the trap.

yes, that was the one. trap. I read what you wrote and I was very happy when I saw what game states. unfortunately it is an error. by the way, I couldn't get that medal with the warrior because I got trap spell very late in the game and in order to kill armies I have to late few of them alive and place traps. stupid.

DGDobrev
11-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, as a warrior and paladin, that medal doesn't mean much. I personally, never bother with it. As a Mage, however, I always go for it. trap damage is affected by intellect, and the more you have of it, the better. Top it up by +100% trap damage from lvl 3 trap and you may well see your trap damage going up over 5k.

Mandea
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
yeah, that makes sense. but I would have loved to finish the game with warrior with all medals (I have almost al the other 9 level 3 :) ).