PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Knowledge

CurtisJasper
11-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I found a 2nd map of Bolo Isle on Scarlet Wind and it said it was "traded for ancient knowledge" or some such. However, I can't find this item as a scroll or artifact, and I don't notice any change to my character. Anybody know what this is?

Thanks in advance.

Zhuangzi
11-21-2009, 08:53 PM
There is a new type of scroll called Wandering Scrolls. You get these sometimes instead of a map to a new island. You can't 'learn' these spells, but you can access them on the world map by clicking on the spellbook and selecting the bottom tab. It took me a long time to realise this in my first game. ;)

CurtisJasper
11-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the help.

Ryastar
11-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Speaking of wanderer's magic, I got three scrolls (ancient knowledge, colossus, titan's sword) from the chests I dug up using the dragon's skill in three consecutive battles! (as in, one of them each battle). That has GOT to be some kind of record!

DGDobrev
11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, if you're in the beginning of the game, in a way it is. My best is 4 by the time I finished Bolo. Keeping in mind that the chance to get a Wanderers scroll is 1 in 40 (for each attempt that is), you are most certainly doing great.

travelingoz
11-22-2009, 04:51 AM
I got 2 Wanderer's scrolls in 1 battle on Debir digging.:-P

jake21
11-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I've only played the demo and I figured this out; but what I can't figure out is how to tell which ones are active. The descriptions sez things like 50% increase in xp for n battles; but can you actually see which ones are active once you use several ?

There is a new type of scroll called Wandering Scrolls. You get these sometimes instead of a map to a new island. You can't 'learn' these spells, but you can access them on the world map by clicking on the spellbook and selecting the bottom tab. It took me a long time to realise this in my first game. ;)

DGDobrev
11-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Yes, they show as mini icons on the right side of your screen. Each wanderers spell has a different icon and a counter below it which shows how many battles the spell will be active.