PDA

View Full Version : Question about language

Rachnei
11-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Will this game be avaible in spanish language ?

Elwin
11-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes there will be, dont know when tough

Rachnei
11-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks a lot i will be waiting for that :)

Elwin
11-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Well there was said that game release is so late becacause they translate for many languages(german english french spanish italian) but currently only english is available

Rachnei
01-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi,

Is there any news about other languaje launching ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hento
01-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Will this game be avaible in spanish language ?

Imagine the huge resources wasted, billions of euros every year, on translation to other languages in all aspects of culture.
And a simple solution for that would be to have English as a mandatory secondary language in all the schools in all the countries.

We are very lucky to have such sequence of historical events that produced English as a dominant language of science, computer science, movies and pop culture.

Language, after all, is a randomly created phonetic system with no inherent value on its own, so consider how good it is that we can single out a single one and having to have a simple solution to stop wasting lots of time and money.

You think about that when you ask for translations....eliminate this mentality of yours that is wasteful and nationalistically irrational.

Elwin
01-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry but your post is useless here

Hento
01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Sorry but your post is useless here

why would you say such a thing....

Elwin
01-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Bacause it is. There are thousend of languages on the worlld and it wont be changed. You cant force everyone to use english. He has rights to have game in his language.

Hento
01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Because it is. There are thousand of languages in the world

Exactly, that is obviously a huge problem that generates a great deal of wastefulness, that's why English as a mandatory second language is the solution.

There is nothing more wasteful then learning different sounds and letters for exactly same meanings, so be grateful that we have just one language that asserted itself so we can just learn that one.

Zechnophobe
01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
This is actually a massively interesting topic, if you want to discuss it without a lot of anger. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, a single unifying language on earth would be an amazing way to break down political and cultural barriers. It is actually wasteful to have more than one... but as language is such an important part of human development, it isn't easy to just get rid of them.

Now, I'm an English speaker, so let me say that I don't think English is the best language... only that it is currently the most widely spoken. If in time some other language replaces it, that's fine... just so long as ultimately it is spoken everywhere.

Hento
01-16-2010, 11:27 PM
a single unifying language on earth would be an amazing way to break down political and cultural barriers.

Yep, it would significantly accelerate progress in all aspects of human life, and tens of billions of euros would be saved every year.

English is not my native language but I stopped reading books and everything else in my language a long time ago, I just realized how silly it was to read everything from second hand and get all my information poorly translated, delayed and filtered.

Also it is really annoying to hear people say that learning languages is somehow very precious, like it's an actual knowledge, when in fact it is an exercise in futility.

Because by learning languages you only waste your time learning different sounds and letters that relay the same meaning, no knowledge is gained whatsoever.

The only barrier is the irrational psychological barrier of nationalism, so you can actually kill two birds with one stone.

Elwin
01-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Hento maybe you are right but thats not was topic about and its not good forum to discuss such matter...

Rachnei
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Elwin, sorry for the off-topic, but he was asking to me and i need answer ( no more )....

Hento,sure i am not the best english speaker, but i can understand and use english as second language with no prob . Sorry for prefering play games in my own language ( the third more spoken ). Et certes, aussi je parle français

Do you have a second language?

But you were not right about english.... Chinese is the world's most widely spoken language

This study has ten years old, but can be referenced:
http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/languages.htm

A recent one:
http://www.vistawide.com/languages/top_30_languages.htm

So..... conclusion , let's have all games in chinese ? Let´s set chinese as mandatory ( your word ) second language?

----

Anyway , coming back to my original request .... Elwin, any new about multilanguage for this game?

Hento
02-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Eh, what the hell are you talking about, are the movies and TV shows all around the world in Chinese?

No, all high production movies and series are in English.

Is computer science in Chinese?

No, it is obviously in English.

Is international scientific literature in Chinese?

No, it's in English.

Does Chinese even have Latin alphabet, no English does.
It is completely incompatible in every way with 3/4 of humanity.

And so on and so on...you basically think that because China has the greatest amount of peasants that are of no significance to anyone, Chinese is the world's most widely spoken language?
That's a stupendously ridiculous notion.