PDA

View Full Version : Download/Distribution Recommendations

CurtisJasper
11-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Now that the US release is officially available, I am going to be purchasing Armored Princess.

Based on results from the original KBTL, does anyone have a particular recommendation when it comes to the version of game to employ (retail, Steam, etc.)? I realize that in principle all of these are the same, but I seem to recall certain versions or distributions being buggier than others and seeing patches earlier/later.

Thanks in advance,
Curtis

Elwin
11-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Hello
Retail is unavailable yet, in the past steam version was really bugged. As for AP we dont know yet, just released :p

Nike-it
11-20-2009, 07:38 AM
All digtal download services sell same version of Armored Princess, so it is absolutely up to you, which one to choose.

CurtisJasper
11-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Hello
Retail is unavailable yet, in the past steam version was really bugged. As for AP we dont know yet, just released :p

All I needed to know. I'll wait on retail. Thanks.

BB Shockwave
11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Me too, I want to own a hardcopy of this great game. (and hope for the special edition box to be released here too...)

ketchua
11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Whose ingenious idea was to use SecuROM? You know people hate the very idea of it, yet you insist on it...

I'll most probably buy the one on Impulse, suport Stardock etc.

Elwin
11-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Be happy, polish version use Starforce which is even worse than securom ;p

Zk099
11-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Someone know if this game will be distribute in Spain translated to spanish, and who is the publisher.

Metroplex
11-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Me too, I want to own a hardcopy of this great game. (and hope for the special edition box to be released here too...)

Worst marketing decision ever, making us wait for the hardcopy of the game, as if they didn't have all this time to arrange it so that both versions were released at the same time by now.:evil:

Elwin
11-20-2009, 09:32 PM
BTW i downloaded it from metaboli and it uses Tages not securom :p

iankhadan
11-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Worst marketing decision ever, making us wait for the hardcopy of the game, as if they didn't have all this time to arrange it so that both versions were released at the same time by now.

Agreed. Especially when the distributions from some of these places don't even work. I can speak personally from my experience with Gamersgate, game won't even launch, no error messages at all. I'm seeking a refund right now, it makes no sense to have to wait for 1C or Gamersgate to resolve this issue for me if I'm losing the convenience of being able to purchase and play the game on its release date of Nov. 20th. Gonna just wait for a hardcopy.

Tibster
11-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Hello?
Is this a western produced or developed game ?
If u have problems why dont u go back to (insert random clone of a clone of a game that was cool 5 years ago) . ( lots of ea games come to mind).
Go wait for Diablo 3.
Go play wow.
If u can apreciate the value of a foreign dev team (from the standard) , then u have to deal with the inherent problems that come with it.

blacktick
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Never had any problems with Gamersgate..all games I've bought work just fine.
Usually if there is a problem with a game,it's on the users end(OS,Hardware,software...you name it).

But Gamersgate is not the only place you can buy kings bounty: AP. Gamesplanet,impulse,steam and and this site along with GG are the places I've seen that sell it.

iankhadan
11-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Never had any problems with Gamersgate..all games I've bought work just fine.
Usually if there is a problem with a game,it's on the users end(OS,Hardware,software...you name it).

Obviously the problem would be a compatibility issue, it would simply make no sense for Gamersgate to deliberately release a game that doesn't work at all for anyone. To that end it is also their job to test and resolve these issues either before the release or as quickly as possible, not the consumer.

Hello?
Is this a western produced or developed game ?
If u have problems why dont u go back to (insert random clone of a clone of a game that was cool 5 years ago) . ( lots of ea games come to mind).
Go wait for Diablo 3.
Go play wow.
If u can apreciate the value of a foreign dev team (from the standard) , then u have to deal with the inherent problems that come with it.

Well clearly I am dealing with the problems that come with KBAP, because there's nothing else I can really do now is there? However, there is no problem with me demanding better support and beta testing that would lead to less of these problems popping up when it comes around to the release date. It's the only way the developers/publishers of the game can compete with those "western" companies that do a far better job at preparing for these issues.

Tibster
11-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Maybe but i havent seen a drop of creativity from them in the last ... 5 years, so to me it's a tradeoff, something new vs the same old Sh*t with a brand new hat.
I'll take the new (for this situation non western products) any day .
And this thing is nowhere near as Gotihic 3 if we are talking about bugs.
I just think u are overreacting .

iankhadan
11-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Maybe but i havent seen a drop of creativity from them in the last ... 5 years, so to me it's a tradeoff, something new vs the same old Sh*t with a brand new hat.
I'll take the new (for this situation non western products) any day .
And this thing is nowhere near as Gotihic 3 if we are talking about bugs.
I just think u are overreacting .

It is an overreaction to want the product that I've paid for to work?

blacktick
11-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Obviously the problem would be a compatibility issue, it would simply make no sense for Gamersgate to deliberately release a game that doesn't work at all for anyone. To that end it is also their job to test and resolve these issues either before the release or as quickly as possible, not the consumer.

Well clearly I am dealing with the problems that come with KBAP, because there's nothing else I can really do now is there? However, there is no problem with me demanding better support and beta testing that would lead to less of these problems popping up when it comes around to the release date. It's the only way the developers/publishers of the game can compete with those "western" companies that do a far better job at preparing for these issues.

Gamersgate is not the one to be blamed here, it's not their job to test if a game works on multiple hardware configurations.
But yes,as a customer you have the right to demand your game to work,but without any kind of in depth detail no one can help you.
But I will give you an advice since you bought the game...try a crack executable and see if that helps. :D

iankhadan
11-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Gamersgate is not the one to be blamed here, it's not their job to test if a game works on multiple hardware configurations.
But yes,as a customer you have the right to demand your game to work,but without any kind of in depth detail no one can help you.
But I will give you an advice since you bought the game...try a crack executable and see if that helps. :D

Well I wasn't seeknig help in this thread, as per the topic of discussion I was just pointing out that you may have problems if you buy the game through Gamersgate like I did, I actually started another thread about it and it seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

As for the crack, I'm way ahead of you on that. Gonna give it a shot later when I get home.

Levesque
11-21-2009, 03:29 PM
The Steam version is working perfectly for me. :)

Not a single crash, BSOD or freezing in 8 hours of playing since yesterday.

My only "problem" is some texture flickering in some places, particularly on the 1st island... but I"m using a brand new ATI 5970 (aka 5870x2) that just came out this week.. so it"s probably a simple driver problem since the card just came out on the market this week. But it"s a really minor thing.

My other "problem" are those %^&* pirates that are suppose to dodge attacks 20% of the time, but are more around 90% of time in my game. LOL! Probably a bug. :grin:

jake21
11-21-2009, 04:25 PM
I suspect all the versions are the same ('cept perhaps for the drm portion). I suspect blaming gamergate is not really the proper thing to do; though asking for a refund might be reasonable.

Would be nice to know what drm the various versions use and which publisher (in usa) will handle the box version and with which drm system.

I'm currently playing da but this will probably be the game I'll go with when done with da.

iankhadan
11-21-2009, 05:00 PM
I suspect all the versions are the same ('cept perhaps for the drm portion). I suspect blaming gamergate is not really the proper thing to do; though asking for a refund might be reasonable.

Would be nice to know what drm the various versions use and which publisher (in usa) will handle the box version and with which drm system.

I'm currently playing da but this will probably be the game I'll go with when done with da.

Gamersgate gets the full wrath of my scorn because I still haven't heard back from their support and they tried to remove my issue on Gametutor without resolving it. :evil:

CurtisJasper
11-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I broke down and bought the Steam version and have had 0 problems so far. Color me impressed.