PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts....

sloppy_clock
11-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Ok so this thread may be already posted, already said, but whatever.

I'm sick of reading that people are sick of waiting for some patch, waiting for something that will make the game better. **** you. I love this game all the same, its my favourite XBOX360 game, and will always be (till sequel, if not, it will always be); I dont care whatever you pessimistic mother duckers say, this game is intense, yes the online community may be bigger and better, but so what? A nice night in, a few beers, play a bit'a sim and my god I'm a happy man. And dont lecture me about whats better, I played all the CFS range, all the FS range, infact I play FSX when I need some real-time shit; but BoP does not compare in what it can do. The graphics, the planes, the feel, its all top notch. I'm sick of reading what people thing about how bad it is, how much better it could be, **** you; american planes bad modelling? Dont care, dont like it, play something else; or be better at it, I played someone today in my I-16 and got arse kicked.
No matter what whom ever thinks, this game is uber g00d. If you dont think so, jump of a bridge.

BoP, its my favourite plane game for the 360, and seeing as I played all the CFS range, Red Baron, AC; this remains the best I've ever played.

Patch or not, I will always love this game, I will always play it online, I will always look forward to seeing another player on live;

I dont care what you think if you disgree, I'm here to stick up for the fantastic job that the devs did. If you think you can do better, go do it. If you got suggestions, make them in the appropriate thread. Im sick of reading people complainin about the 'patch'. Patch my arse, I've played games with more bugs and still loved them as much.

Yes I'm being aggresive, yes I'm being rude, and yes; I am drunk, but as I have said, f**k you, get used to it; I'm sick of reading negative shit about this great game. BoP will always remain in my heart, and always in my mind.

Peace.

SC

draux
11-10-2009, 02:02 AM
*Raises beer*

GabeFan
11-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Well said SC. Well said...

SL83
11-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Please drink yourself into a coma.

Thanks.

Irishmandkg
11-10-2009, 02:48 AM
You said it all. Kudos! :)

Leweegibo
11-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Agreeeeeee!
I have not had a choice in games lately due to BoP's greatness, if I DO decide to play another game, I'm barely past the PS3 logo before I have popped it out and plugged in my joystick for some aerial awesomeness!

There is nothing that makes the game SO unplayable, it is the best flight game ever released for consoles, the whiners are just that....whiners!

lost cause
11-10-2009, 04:08 AM
Yep, you're right. Same here buddy! I agree (especially the part with beer involved)! Except for one thing. I aint whinin, already did that. I'm playen Sat afternoon for a while and in OVER 50% of my games one of the following happened: "join error", "lost contact with server", "contact lost", "error 000583B" or some shit like that, lagging gets bad enough the game bombs out, or it just locks up and quits and I gotta reboot! So, I get back on Sun night and same thing but not as severe. This is what I put up with EVERY time I get online. (PS3 by the way). I respond to my friends invites and I can't even get in the game!! Yeah, that pisses me off. I'm workin on unlocks and I'm winnin a game or I got 5 kills in the hard-as-hell-to-get-kills-in Fw190 and the game QUITS on me! Yeah, that pisses me off. Not havin fun dude when the best game in the world don't even work!!! I almost quit it Saturday. Thats facts and I aint whinin. Cheers my friend!!!!!!!

Swagger7
11-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Here, here!

Soviet Ace
11-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Hey now. Your drunk, and don't know what your saying. You're probably also tired. Sleep on the idea, and tell us what you think in the morning. lol Just kidding.

100% agree. I'm tired of it as well. :D

sloppy_clock
11-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Yep, you're right. Same here buddy! I agree (especially the part with beer involved)! Except for one thing. I aint whinin, already did that. The rest of this quote contains a paragraph of whining.

Go buy/download/rent/whatever a different game, maybe its only PS3 that has that problem I dont know, but once a game has started I can honestly say I've never had problems with it apart from problems with my connection itself.
If your going to play a game, play it, dont get so annoyed that all you want to do is spill you annoyance repeatedly over this forum on its other users. The community is small enough as it is without people pushing others away with their constant gripe.

I read my post over this morning, and apart from a few spelling and grammar mistakes, it pretty much sums up everything I wanted to say. Possibly one of the most productive things I've done after a night of clubbing.

Reddisback
11-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Ok so this thread may be already posted, already said, but whatever.

I'm sick of reading that people are sick of waiting for some patch, waiting for something that will make the game better. **** you. I love this game all the same, its my favourite XBOX360 game, and will always be (till sequel, if not, it will always be); I dont care whatever you pessimistic mother duckers say, this game is intense, yes the online community may be bigger and better, but so what? A nice night in, a few beers, play a bit'a sim and my god I'm a happy man. And dont lecture me about whats better, I played all the CFS range, all the FS range, infact I play FSX when I need some real-time shit; but BoP does not compare in what it can do. The graphics, the planes, the feel, its all top notch. I'm sick of reading what people thing about how bad it is, how much better it could be, **** you; american planes bad modelling? Dont care, dont like it, play something else; or be better at it, I played someone today in my I-16 and got arse kicked.
No matter what whom ever thinks, this game is uber g00d. If you dont think so, jump of a bridge.

BoP, its my favourite plane game for the 360, and seeing as I played all the CFS range, Red Baron, AC; this remains the best I've ever played.

Patch or not, I will always love this game, I will always play it online, I will always look forward to seeing another player on live;

I dont care what you think if you disgree, I'm here to stick up for the fantastic job that the devs did. If you think you can do better, go do it. If you got suggestions, make them in the appropriate thread. Im sick of reading people complainin about the 'patch'. Patch my arse, I've played games with more bugs and still loved them as much.

Yes I'm being aggresive, yes I'm being rude, and yes; I am drunk, but as I have said, f**k you, get used to it; I'm sick of reading negative shit about this great game. BoP will always remain in my heart, and always in my mind.

Peace.

SC

GOD, give that man the strongest alcoholic drink we got! on da house! :grin::grin:

cyclone70
11-10-2009, 11:00 AM
hic well said ssshlappy cock hic hic! ;)
quit yer moanin' people. Everyone's in the same position. Everyone gets denied kills unfairly sometimes and then nail it other times.

Boycotting the game does more damage than good as it kills the community and makes the publishers think sod it, no point in patching a game that nobody plays.

Come back and play you nersayers! :(

mattd27
11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
alright you've all convinced me. I'll be back to playing patch or no patch. Just maybe not straight away as Modern Warfare 2 is out today and I don't think that'll leave my disc drive for at least a week.:)

miatar
11-10-2009, 07:25 PM
I love this game, best I've had on the PS3 and I did put about 500 hours into warhawk. Wont be going anywhere patch or no patch I dont care. Just need to get better so while people are off running and gunning hiding in corners trying to get to triple colonel I'll be getting better at air combat!

sloppy_clock
11-11-2009, 12:58 AM
I love this game, best I've had on the PS3 and I did put about 500 hours into warhawk. Wont be going anywhere patch or no patch I dont care. Just need to get better so while people are off running and gunning hiding in corners trying to get to triple colonel I'll be getting better at air combat!

If only PSN & Live could join the same matches....

fuzzychickens
11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
If only PSN & Live could join the same matches....

No, that would suck. Xbox players would be at a disadvantage after the patch with MS enforced deadzone for those who wanted to use a joystick - then the natural reaction of the developer would be to inflict the same insult on PS3 players in the name of fairness.

Going from 1946 with no deadzone (the way I like my stick setup) to the current pre-patch deadzone on PS3 is aggravating. I can consistantly place bullets where I intend to place them in 1946, but I'm fighting with the controls too much around the center (deadzone) in BOP and this makes large deflection shots much harder than in 1946.

The parallel development with 360 has already crippled the online play on PS3, having cross console play would likely screw things up even more - besides, I bet a developer could never get agreement from Sony and certainly not M$ to allow cross console play.

I hope this console generation lasts a long time so that the PC market gets stronger. The days when one could expect tons of major pc releases were better days for gaming. PC games generally are designed with more features, sophistocation, and flexibility. Console games are simply designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

That common denominator is pretty dang low when you consider that one BOP player actually started a thread complaining that WEP is broken in realistic/sim based on his experience in arcade mode - you know, where WEP = lightspeed

FilthyPrick
11-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Go buy/download/rent/whatever a different game, maybe its only PS3 that has that problem I dont know, but once a game has started I can honestly say I've never had problems with it apart from problems with my connection itself.
If your going to play a game, play it, dont get so annoyed that all you want to do is spill you annoyance repeatedly over this forum on its other users. The community is small enough as it is without people pushing others away with their constant gripe.

I read my post over this morning, and apart from a few spelling and grammar mistakes, it pretty much sums up everything I wanted to say. Possibly one of the most productive things I've done after a night of clubbing.

Must be an ugly SoB if thats the most productive thing you have done after a night clubbing :grin:

Leweegibo
11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Hope this ain't an old agrivating question, can't be arsed thread trawling but...
Why is there an enforced deadzone for 360?

sloppy_clock
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Must be an ugly SoB if thats the most productive thing you have done after a night clubbing :grin:

ahaha :P that made me laugh out loud, which warrants an lol. you never know how productive you actually are till the mornin after eyy?

Ancient Seraph
11-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Hope this ain't an old agrivating question, can't be arsed thread trawling but...
Why is there an enforced deadzone for 360?
It's MS. I've heard it might be because this without a deadzone playing with the sticks on the controller wouldn't be pretty. Since the AV8R is basically a controller, but looks a little different, it has the same deadzone.

(...)
The parallel development with 360 has already crippled the online play on PS3, having cross console play would likely screw things up even more - besides, I bet a developer could never get agreement from Sony and certainly not M$ to allow cross console play.
(...)
You do realize the update is delayed because of Sony, right :P? In what way has the development of the 360 crippled onlinep play on PS3?

phlux
11-11-2009, 02:07 PM
You do realize the update is delayed because of Sony, right :P? In what way has the development of the 360 crippled onlinep play on PS3?

^+1

Doktorwzzerd
11-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Peace.

SC

With you all the way.

Drinking+Internets=Win!

sloppy_clock
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
With you all the way.

Drinking+Internets=Win!

IL2 is one of the very few games where the more I drink, the more the jedi powers increase!

InfiniteStates
11-11-2009, 05:42 PM
...Modern Warfare 2 is out today and I don't think that'll leave my disc drive for at least a week.:)
LOL and let's look at what happened there shall we? Patched immediately (PS3), which then forces you to choose between playing offline only with working trophies or playing online without trophy support, with (so I hear) non-working friend invites, pathetic host migration, lag and endless "communicating with server" messages... So another patch is on the way, supposedly by Friday...

Yes... anyone who thinks BoP is a "broken" game needs to go and buy the biggest game release of the decade (allegedly). BoP needs a patch for some great tweaks and a couple of minor fixes... :)

If you mean because Sony kicked it back because they found connection issues with it, that's the developer's fault (although they can't really be blamed as massive network testing is not feasible in a studio), not Sony's. In fact Sony should be applauded for finding this issue, rather than letting it slip through and us ending up with a game that is actually broken. (But then they should also be slapped for letting through the afore mentioned CoD shamble patch).

And I can't see anyway that concurrent development crippled one version of the game as far as BoP is concerned, but Battlefield Bad Company definitely suffered on the PS3 thanks to the XBox's crappy patch size limit (due in turn to the lack of guaranteed hard drive). So it does happen - but not as far as I can tell with BoP.

trk29
11-11-2009, 10:48 PM
You do realize the update is delayed because of Sony, right :P?

This is one thing I don't know if it is true or not... Look at OFPDR, xbox already got their patch and DLC last week and SCEE isn't getting it until the 26th and SCEA hasn't even given Codemasters a date to when they are going to be releasing it. Xbox got the BOP demo and PS3 didn't get until weeks later.

In what way has the development of the 360 crippled onlinep play on PS3?

One thing I have heard is the maximum file size for downloads for the Xbox.

What is it 64mb?

Ancient Seraph
11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Okay, I've been rightfully corrected regarding my previous statements :P.
Anyways, about trk's comment on earlier update release for the xbox, can you imagine the flak they'd get for doing that? I'm not sure if they give a ****, but this forum would be full of 'XBOX before PS3? That's outrageous' etc etc. Kind of like the DLC price :rolleyes:.
Still, I don't think this is the reason they haven't published an update yet, however, it has been said that the problems were network-related at PS3's side. And, as InfiniteStates said, this is indeed more the network developers fault than Sony's.

trk29
11-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Okay, I've been rightfully corrected regarding my previous statements :P.
Anyways, about trk's comment on earlier update release for the xbox, can you imagine the flak they'd get for doing that? I'm not sure if they give a ****, but this forum would be full of 'XBOX before PS3? That's outrageous' etc etc. Kind of like the DLC price :rolleyes:.
Still, I don't think this is the reason they haven't published an update yet, however, it has been said that the problems were network-related at PS3's side. And, as InfiniteStates said, this is indeed more the network developers fault than Sony's.

Yes you are right about "Xbox before PS3" but us PS3'ers are used to it. When updates and DLC get mentioned I am never really surprised because it always happens.
Now when COD MW2 came out I was surprised that I had a update waiting on me in my first startup of the game.

sloppy_clock
11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
This game is not dead yet, theres still life in the old beast!
Last night, as unbelievable as it may sound; I had the best night of IL2 online gaming so far to date; it wasn't about the number of us (there was 6 in the party with 2/3 more joining at random games) but the quality, lots of laughs and good honest gameplay.
Dont give up on this game just yet, there is still copious amounts of fun to be had out of it.

SC

cyclone70
11-12-2009, 11:43 AM
wot.. i missed the action again, what time were you on?... gave up and switched to Need for Speed, saw 2 friends on Il2 but was too lazy to bother with the extra co-ordination effort needed as was too tired. It's easier slamming a car round a track when you're knackered!

SEE
11-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Yep, a great night on SIM and what a fantastic bunch of guys too!

cyclone70
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
sloppy and SEE, what's your tags, gonna add you two if that's OK.

Reddisback
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM

thAnks for the invite via Live, Gladly accepted.:grin:

cyclone70
11-12-2009, 02:28 PM
cool man, see ya soon hopefully (with the other four other people who still play this in the whole world!!) :-P

Lexandro
11-12-2009, 02:30 PM
cool man, see ya soon hopefully (with the other four other people who still play this in the whole world!!) :-P

FIVE, I still play even though its only arcade mode :-P

sloppy_clock
11-12-2009, 05:01 PM

Mines SloppyClock; see you in the skies I hope!

sloppy_clock
11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Yep, a great night on SIM and what a fantastic bunch of guys too!
Couldnt agree with you more on that; by far the most laughs I've ever had while playing on live thats for sure!

SEE
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Mines EvangelusE, hadn't got a clue what I was doing when I set up my Xbox but thats what I typed in and now stuck with.......:grin: