PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order King’s Bounty: Armored Princess Now

Nike-it
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
The highly anticipated King’s Bounty: Armored Princess (http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/) is now available for Pre-order at Gamersgate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KBAP/kings-bounty-armored-princess).

The game will be released via digital download on November 20th 2009.

Elwin
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Another topic but ...

1. Why so high price?
2. What about metaboli, will it be available there at Nov 20th ?

Nike-it
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Another topic but ...

1. Why so high price?

1. Normal price for such game (it is not just an add-on, the game is pretty big and contains a lot of new content).
2. It will be on Metaboli, but right now I do not have exact date, most likely also Nov 20th.

Elwin
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Interesting, somehow Cenega sells it at same price as legend.
Just courious why is this like that.

Nike-it
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, different countries have different price strategies;)

BB Shockwave
11-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Quick question - this is a buy-and-download site, right?

Where can I pre-order the game and have it shipped on DVD, boxed? I'd prefer to have a "hardcopy".

Also, will there be a collector's edition from the game?

Nike-it
11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Quick question - this is a buy-and-download site, right?

Where can I pre-order the game and have it shipped on DVD, boxed? I'd prefer to have a "hardcopy".

Also, will there be a collector's edition from the game?

Unfortunately I do not have any info about the shops where you can buy hard copy of KB. Same situation is with Collector's edition.

Metroplex
11-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Surely there will be a boxed version, right? Right?:confused:

Newton
11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Is there an incentive / reason I should pre-order for a version I am going to download?

Elwin
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Not really ~~

Zhuangzi
11-09-2009, 10:36 PM
The guy from Gamersgate did suggest that there would be some incentive for preordering in the other thread, so I am holding off preordering for now.

helmehytte
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Another topic but ...

1. Why so high price?

Regarding the price. Its a standalone Expansion that doen't require the original game. And we don't have any control over the price, 1C have.
It will probably be a very looooong game.

Mandea
11-10-2009, 02:42 PM
30 hours they say. +fighting the keepers for artefacts upgrades+exploring everything. anyway the price has nothing to do with the hours.

helmehytte
11-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Is there an incentive / reason I should pre-order for a version I am going to download?

We are discussing what we incentive we will have for pre-ordering the game now on GamersGate. Will keep you updated :)

The guy from Gamersgate did suggest that there would be some incentive for preordering in the other thread, so I am holding off preordering for now.

Now we have it confirmed. A 10% pre-order discount on GamersGate!
And we also offer a 24hour pre-load on the game. Not to forget 250 extra BlueCoins, our virtual currency! :)

Elwin
11-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Regarding the price. Its a standalone Expansion that doen't require the original game. And we don't have any control over the price, 1C have.
It will probably be a very looooong game.

Nope, its much shorter actually. POlish and russian version is on already, i know some poeple who finished it during the weekend :rolleyes:

helmehytte
11-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Also, we have a price guaratee. So everyone that already have pre-ordered the game will get back the difference in price.
:grin:

markgil
11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Nope, its much shorter actually. POlish and russian version is on already, i know some poeple who finished it during the weekend :rolleyes:

i understand that the 2 main reasons why AP doesnt take as long as TL is beacuse a) you dont HAVE to fight every stack of creatures and b) when you get the pegasus upgrade, there is MUCH less running back & forth between areas (which took up a lot of time in TL).

btw, whats the verdict on 64 bit W7 & AP? i am wating to upgrade from XP beacuse i dont want to loose the ability to play AP.

Elwin
11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
NOt really, in LEgend you had 500 battles in AP you have only 300. 103 quests in Legend and around 87 in AP. About windows i dont know i use win7 but 32 bit. Also afraid that on 64 it wont work

Divebomb
11-10-2009, 06:39 PM
btw. gamersgate just changed the armored princess pre-order to a 10% off deal. so it's 36 euros now. or 27 pounds on the uk site.

edit: never figured out what happens to the orders that already paid the full pre-order price when this happens. maybe you get refunded the difference in blue coins. I have so many blue coin transactions on my account recently I can't tell. anyone?

Tibster
11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
The price is now 27 pounds.
Why in pounds ?

Zhuangzi
11-10-2009, 10:42 PM
We are discussing what we incentive we will have for pre-ordering the game now on GamersGate. Will keep you updated :)

Now we have it confirmed. A 10% pre-order discount on GamersGate!
And we also offer a 24hour pre-load on the game. Not to forget 250 extra BlueCoins, our virtual currency! :)

Thank you helmehytte! Preordered. I look forward to downloading the game on the 19th. Next Thursday... :cool:

The deal is better or worse depending on where you live and what currency you are expected to pay in. Us Australians are being asked to pay in US dollars, which means that comparatively we are getting the game very cheaply. US $36 equals Aus $38 at the moment. For comparison, for me, if the price had been in pounds it would be $48 and in euros $58.

So all you Aussies lurking hereabouts - don't think about torrenting the game. I'm sure you'll agree with me that people would buy a lot more games if they were around $40 instead of around $100.

And for anyone who is new to Gamersgate or pay and download services in general, I have been using Gamersgate for 2-3 years and I've bought about 6 games from them. Never had a single problem. You can pay using their paynova thing on their browser, which takes all of 3-4 minutes, and then usually I start downloading the game 5 minutes after that. It makes buying games ALMOST as easy as torrenting them. :rolleyes:

helmehytte
11-11-2009, 08:06 AM
edit: never figured out what happens to the orders that already paid the full pre-order price when this happens. maybe you get refunded the difference in blue coins. I have so many blue coin transactions on my account recently I can't tell. anyone?

we will payback the difference in either BlueCoins or cash. its just for those persons to send us a mail with their order id. We are currently tracking those who did and fixing now.

Metroplex
11-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Thank you helmehytte! Preordered. I look forward to downloading the game on the 19th. Next Thursday... :cool:

The deal is better or worse depending on where you live and what currency you are expected to pay in. Us Australians are being asked to pay in US dollars, which means that comparatively we are getting the game very cheaply. US $36 equals Aus $38 at the moment. For comparison, for me, if the price had been in pounds it would be $48 and in euros $58.

So all you Aussies lurking hereabouts - don't think about torrenting the game. I'm sure you'll agree with me that people would buy a lot more games if they were around $40 instead of around $100.

And for anyone who is new to Gamersgate or pay and download services in general, I have been using Gamersgate for 2-3 years and I've bought about 6 games from them. Never had a single problem. You can pay using their paynova thing on their browser, which takes all of 3-4 minutes, and then usually I start downloading the game 5 minutes after that. It makes buying games ALMOST as easy as torrenting them. :rolleyes:

Problem for me is:

1) I'm on dial-up
2) I don't trust any online transaction that doesn't involve PayPal
3) I'd rather have the hard copy of the game with nice DVD and manual than an ugly burnt DVD with 'KB: AP' written on it with texta...:evil:

Zhuangzi
11-11-2009, 08:53 AM
1. You can't download 2 gig on dialup, but you can d/l at a friend's house or whatever and burn onto dvd.
2. Gamersgate does give you the option of using paypal. Personally I use their paynova browser thingy.
3. With KB:TL I happily played the d/l version and only just recently obtained the DVD version for $20 from ebay. Now it's sitting on the shelf, never having been used (except to check that the drive will read it). You will be able to get a boxed copy later.

So the only problem is downloading it, but you said you'd torrent it if there wasn't a physical release, so how were you going to download that?

helmehytte
11-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes you can use Paypal on GamersGate as well. We are looking into some other solutions as well. Like Googles Checkout, which I think is neat.

To add to the pre-order offer we have up now, everyone that have purchased the first game on GamersGate, will get an extra 1500 BlueCoins if they pre-order the game on our site.
:)

Metroplex
11-11-2009, 06:52 PM
1. You can't download 2 gig on dialup, but you can d/l at a friend's house or whatever and burn onto dvd.
2. Gamersgate does give you the option of using paypal. Personally I use their paynova browser thingy.
3. With KB:TL I happily played the d/l version and only just recently obtained the DVD version for $20 from ebay. Now it's sitting on the shelf, never having been used (except to check that the drive will read it). You will be able to get a boxed copy later.

So the only problem is downloading it, but you said you'd torrent it if there wasn't a physical release, so how were you going to download that?

I'd go to an internet cafe, but it's a hassle to download stuff there as the speeds are not that fast, the point is, I'd rather NOT have to DL the pirated version, but since they won't be releasing it in physical form I have no choice.
That will show them not to be stupid for not releasing a physical copy of the game when they'd had all this time to prepare and do so.:evil:

Elwin
11-11-2009, 06:54 PM
No pirate talk here, first and last warning

Divebomb
11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
we will payback the difference in either BlueCoins or cash. its just for those persons to send us a mail with their order id. We are currently tracking those who did and fixing now.
OK. great!

Gabenbringer
11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
What is with Steam?

You can't resell it, but personally i like and trust Steam much more than any other download-portal.

KB:KL is available on Steam, so will KB:AP be too?

Nike-it
11-12-2009, 07:34 AM
What is with Steam?

You can't resell it, but personally i like and trust Steam much more than any other download-portal.

It will be also released on Steam, probably also on the 20th Nov.

taspool
11-13-2009, 01:08 AM
What is with Steam?

I much prefer Gamersgate to Steam. No unwanted software on my PC, just the game I've purchased. You can transfer the game to another PC without a problem. I've purchased many games from Gamersgate, only one had a problem on installing and for that one they immediately provided the option of a refund or credit.

Metathron
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
btw, whats the verdict on 64 bit W7 & AP? i am wating to upgrade from XP beacuse i dont want to loose the ability to play AP.

I just upgraded last night and the AP demo works fine. I see no reason why it wouldn't be the same with the full game, so good news! :grin:

Newton
11-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I just upgraded last night and the AP demo works fine. I see no reason why it wouldn't be the same with the full game, so good news! :grin:

Same here. On a system with a graphics card that is NOT supposedly supported to play Dragon Age, I have and had ZERO problems with the demo of KBAP. I have just become one of 1C's biggest fans. :)

markgil
11-13-2009, 09:22 PM

cool! thanks or the info. time to upgrade to W7 i guess.

ArgMyLeg
11-15-2009, 02:54 AM
ugh dl only? lame, well at least its on steam, unless its 20 bucks Ill probably end up waiting tho, I only pay more then that for a box

Metathron
11-15-2009, 04:15 PM
cool! thanks or the info. time to upgrade to W7 i guess.

Well, after a couple of days' experience with Win7 I must say I regret "upgrading" from WinXP. A lot of the games I tried (they are not old by any stretch of the imagination) won't even go past the installation stage, and if they do, then there will be difficulties running the game itself. The most salient example: King's Bounty the Legend (The specifics of my problem (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=119710#post119710)). So for me the biggest feature of Win7 64 bit is program incompatibility. Good features? ... Well, umm I guess the fact that it recognizes all 4 gigabytes of my memory...? Though exactly what good that does at present, perhaps in a year or two I'll notice it as system requirements increase, but right now I wish I had kept WinXP with all its inadequacies.

On a side note, I wonder if Win7 x86 would be any different? Anyone know if it's possible to downgrade from x64 to x86?

Elwin
11-15-2009, 04:53 PM
nope you cant downgrade, its completly different system, Its common that x64 system do not run all 32 but properly. I have win7 x86 and i run KB:TL fine.
And about x64 its performance is better at all, its not only rm support

Metathron
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
But I can always format the system drive and reinstall 32bit, yes? I can think about getting 64 in a couple of years when most applications start demanding a 64 bit system.

About better performance, the only thing I noticed (in contrast to XP, not Win7 32) is the much faster loading of windows. To me that does not outweigh all the negatives I've experienced with games (errors, crashes).

Elwin
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Actually WIn7 loading time is not better than XP :P I have read many tests confirming that x64 works faster. Of course you can format and instal x86

Metathron
11-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks, Elwin.

I guess then it was only my XP that was so messed up it needed a couple of minutes to load. I'll probably reinstall tonight, can't say I'm looking forward to it, though. :rolleyes:

BTW, what's the reason you're using 32 and not 64? Sounds like a smarter choice.

Elwin
11-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Resons: compatibiilty, and i do not have 4gb ram, 64 bit system is better but also uses more ram. Its 30% usage of 2 gb for me now with 32. So with 64 it will be quite much.

bam65
11-18-2009, 01:14 AM
I still don't see anyone with authority coming right out and saying it's going to be released on a DVD in stores. So will it only be available by download? If so then you just lost a customer.

Anatoly
11-18-2009, 05:44 AM
I still don't see anyone with authority coming right out and saying it's going to be released on a DVD in stores. So will it only be available by download? If so then you just lost a customer.

No, it is not digital download only. Digital release is just the first to come. The game will also appear in retail. It is quite hard to name exact dates right now as different distributors might have different street dates.

Zhuangzi
11-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Okay, when can I download the game? 00:00 GMT on the 19th? (about 8am tomorrow my time). I'm not desperate or anything. :rolleyes:

Nike-it
11-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Okay, when can I download the game? 00:00 GMT on the 19th? (about 8am tomorrow my time). I'm not desperate or anything. :rolleyes:

I think you are right:)

jake21
11-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Who is the distributor in USA ? I sort of prefer a disk copy of this particular game then again I have a real problem with atari so might reconsider if atari is the distributor this time around...

No, it is not digital download only. Digital release is just the first to come. The game will also appear in retail. It is quite hard to name exact dates right now as different distributors might have different street dates.

Zhuangzi
11-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Okay, it's up now for those of us who preordered. :)

Only getting 50 Kb/sec though :confused: 12 hours at this rate. :rolleyes:

But hey, I have to go to work soon anyway...

Saridu
11-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I was going to grumble about it this morning but it appears I was about one hour too early ;) Waah I'm already at work :(

Oh well not the end of the world, I still haven't decided which class to start with, most probably Paladin and I want to finish Altier Iris 2 before AP steals my soul :grin:

Ufozile
11-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Downloading my copy from gamersgate now. Will be playing it within 20 minutes :)

DGDobrev
11-18-2009, 11:41 PM
My friend also set a download overnight, since it's a bit late here... 2:38 AM. With any luck, I'll be fixing the KBAP info thread with proper names soon. It will help a lot if the save games from the russian and english versions are compatible... but we'll see in the next week I hope.

Tibster
11-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Yes!
Started the download!
:-P
Mu ha ha ha , Fear the power of dd over the fizical univers!
In a few hours i will do stuff people in the lower planes will only be able to do in months.
:-P

Direwolf
11-19-2009, 12:24 AM
All,

This mat be a dumb question but i can't DL yet...now, i live in California and it's still the evening of the 18th...will i be able to DL at midnight tonight?

thx!
DW

p.s. Nope...i'm not desperate either...gots lots to do...yep...

um...what time is it now?

Tibster
11-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm assuming u preordered.
Go to "My games" and in the right of Armored Princes there should be a buton "download" in light blue.

Ufozile
11-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Ok... I'm abit confused now? Does 24h pre-load mean that we get to download it now, but not get serial until release 20th?

Direwolf
11-19-2009, 12:39 AM
well...duh!

The demo link was right below the box pic so i thought that was the DL for the demo! But, assuming the demo is not 2.2GB that must in fact be the game...correct?

thx all!

DW

Tibster
11-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Hmm .... just a sec...
Direwolf as in Daishi ?
I want Mech Commander 3. :-x

Zhuangzi
11-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Ok... I'm abit confused now? Does 24h pre-load mean that we get to download it now, but not get serial until release 20th?

I noticed that there's no serial too. Presumably we don't need one at all?

Tibster
11-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Hou do u activate the game ?
It asks for a serial and gives u a "Unlock reqwest code" .
Wtf ?

Ufozile
11-19-2009, 03:04 AM
I hope we will get our serials soon. It doesn't make any sense to increase the pre-load from 6 to 24hrs, if we don't get the serial before the 20th anyways...

Zhuangzi
11-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Well, I got home from work to find that the download had crashed at 30%, but that all it needed was for me to press 'unpause.' :mad: So now I am waiting longer...

What's the deal with the serial numbers? We haven't been given one on the My Games page. I know exactly where it should be because there's one for KB:TL.

Elwin
11-19-2009, 08:26 AM
As i suspected :D They gave you earlier download but without serials xD

helmehytte
11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Basically how it works is that you are able to pre-download the full game to your computer, but the serials will be available to you on the 20th.

You will get your serials soon :)

All,

This mat be a dumb question but i can't DL yet...now, i live in California and it's still the evening of the 18th...will i be able to DL at midnight tonight?

thx!
DW

p.s. Nope...i'm not desperate either...gots lots to do...yep...

um...what time is it now?

Direwolf, we have set the time according to Swedish times. So we are about 9hours ahead of you guys.

Ufozile
11-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Guess I'll be playing Torchlight for a few more hours then. :)

Direwolf
11-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Helme,

Thanks for the update...sounds like launch time for me is 3p.m.

Time to get meetings wrapped up, finish the "honey do list", pick up the kids from school a tad early and finally feel a cold coming on that will require me to "work" from home tomorrow...:grin:

cheers,
DW

p.s. Sorry Tibster i'm not Daishi...i'm DW from the SFC and MTW series which are the only games i really played online.

helmehytte
11-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Helme,

Thanks for the update...sounds like launch time for me is 3p.m.

Time to get meetings wrapped up, finish the "honey do list", pick up the kids from school a tad early and finally feel a cold coming on that will require me to "work" from home tomorrow...:grin:

Haha that sounds like a perfect Friday! =)

Direwolf
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I posted in the lobby but in case anyone missed it...serial numbers are now available at the gamers gate site.

have fun!

cheers,
DW

Zhuangzi
11-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Yep all done. Downloaded and installed. Only problem is that I played for 30 mins and now I have to go to work. :mad:

Shield
11-20-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks! Just bought the copy at Gamer's Gate and paid with Paypal. Easy as pie - now how do I get out of working tomorrow?

I'm thrilled! I hope 1C sells a million copies!

Shawn

ironfelix
11-20-2009, 05:49 AM
I hope 1C sells a million copies!

Shawn

Oh yeah! We hope too! :)

infael
11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
At 7am Mountain time, gamers gate didn't have the full version of AP, just the demo. I pre ordered a few days ago.

Zhuangzi
11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
It's there. On the My Games page you are probably looking at the demo button and not realising that there is a big download button over to the right. Press that. :-P

Elwin
11-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Downloading the game now ! Cant wait

DGDobrev
11-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Guess what I got :P a flash memory stick with the install files, with compliments from my buddy. I think his key will work for me as well (KBAP can be installed on a few machines like KBTL I think), but I'll try the russian key first.

Let's see what's the deal and how many names will I have to fix in the info thread. Besides, I've been looking forward to the max int mage test. I guess I'll do it on the english version, provided it's as good as the russian. If not, and of some bugs weren't fixed, I'll be switching back to my own copy.

EDIT: Great news!!! Russian version saves and English version saves are compatible. I couldn't ask for better news :)

Elwin
11-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Installed i think i wil dissapear for a while :D