PDA

View Full Version : Karador is Killing Me. Help!

Lloyd Heilbrunn
11-09-2009, 04:51 AM
I was late to the party with this game but was having a great time until this fight,which I can't seem to win.

24 level mage, 15K leadership, 28 intel, 10 attack and 10 defense.

148 or 133 mana depending on if I choose a mana item or anti undead item.45max Rage. Level 3 Chaos and Disruptive magic and level 2 Order.

I have tried stacks of 6 black dragons and 9 green dragons, 83 shamans, 160 griffons and 167 inquistors

I have tried stacks of 100 black unicorns and green dragons, griffons, 314 priests and inquistors as an anti undead set up.

Couple of levels ago I tried Sprites, Dryads, both Unicorns and shamans.

Nothing seems to work worth a damn.The reviving undead plus spells which take over my units kill me.

And of course the game tells me the defenders are "slightly stronger" :rolleyes:

Any tips??

rhlpv893ster
11-09-2009, 09:47 AM
i m sorry i dont know way to kill karador..i m sending this b coz i didnt even reach karador..he is the one who should be defeated for curing elves inorder to rescue princess amelie right..??
please reply how to reach karador i didnt find him in death of valley. i planted sprout of tree of life ..etc..i didnt find him. how to find carador and how to rescue amelie ..pls reply..sorry for inconvenience
i dont know to post forum.thats why sending so.. reply to the address

rhlpv893ster@gmail.com please

Metathron
11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
What difficulty level?

I had problems defeating Karador as paladin on hard, level 22, so instead I cleared out other parts of the game first, like Mehgard and Demonis and parts of Grey Wasteland until I reached level 26. Then I changed my main army for unicorns, black unicorns, dryads, ents and griffins. I also had a shield that provides +25% defense against the undead, the vampire cowl (-30% enemy attack at night), and the skill that increases attack and defense by +6 during nighttime combat, so those helped a lot. Also taking dryads was a good idea IMO, since they summoned thorns, which in turn summoned more thorns on those undead corpses.

BB Shockwave
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Check this thread. Plenty of tips : Killing Karador on Impossible (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9012)

rhlpv893ster - you are in Death Land, right? Just go into the large cemetery in the Grey Wasteland, you will find castle Necrocom there. Karador is inside. But do not even talk to him if you cannot yet defeat the units in the cemetery...

Razorflame
11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
funny how many times people keep making threads that already exist;)

anyway just read the thread bb shockwave just posted:)

and some little tricks

always keep an undead stack so karador will use his mana on raise dead instead of any offensive spell:)

Lloyd Heilbrunn
11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks.

Read the other thread too.

Some of the tips I can't use, people recommend resurrecting and Necro Call. Only have resurrect at level 2 and no Necro Call.

But I will try some of the others.

Of my above units, what do you recommend as my army?

Lloyd Heilbrunn
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
always keep an undead stack so karador will use his mana on raise dead instead of any offensive spell:)

What does "keep an undead stack" mean?

Razorflame
11-09-2009, 08:54 PM
sorry i meant keep and undead stack dead;-)

furthermore units i would use vs karador would be 1. inqisitor
2. shaman
3. demoness
4. necromaner
5. can be ANY unit

some tips on how to play vs karador

make sure your INQI is protected at all time(only ranged can hit it)

first turn u try to kill a bone dragon stack and damage the necro's or skeleton archers they prove to be the most annoyance for a no loss game

place a totem at the necro

shoot the necro or skelli archers

then blast away his vamps

(keep 1 alive) for no casualties

and be sure not to let anything happen to the necro unless u got timeback so u can timeback the dude;)

bucazaurus
11-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Any advices you get about troop selection and spells are not realistic in your case.They are based on characters with high Attack/Defence or Intelligence stats and good items.
On impossible with 28 intel, 10 attack and 10 defense you are no match in a straight fight with Karador. Your attack /defence is too low to take him down in a ,warrior style ,fight . Your troops will be decimated in 4-5 rounds i belive.
And your Int is simply not enough to defeat him with offensive spells in that time.

Lloyd Heilbrunn
11-10-2009, 03:14 AM
sorry i meant keep and undead stack dead;-)

furthermore units i would use vs karador would be 1. inqisitor
2. shaman
3. demoness
4. necromaner
5. can be ANY unit

some tips on how to play vs karador

make sure your INQI is protected at all time(only ranged can hit it)

first turn u try to kill a bone dragon stack and damage the necro's or skeleton archers they prove to be the most annoyance for a no loss game

place a totem at the necro

shoot the necro or skelli archers

then blast away his vamps

(keep 1 alive) for no casualties

and be sure not to let anything happen to the necro unless u got timeback so u can timeback the dude;)

Any advices you get about troop selection and spells are not realistic in your case.They are based on characters with high Attack/Defence or Intelligence stats and good items.
On impossible with 28 intel, 10 attack and 10 defense you are no match in a straight fight with Karador. Your attack /defence is too low to take him down in a ,warrior style ,fight . Your troops will be decimated in 4-5 rounds i belive.
And your Int is simply not enough to defeat him with offensive spells in that time.

I'm playing on Normal, it is my first time playing this game.:)

But I combined some of the tips here with some of my own ideas to finally win the battle.

My stacks: 6 black dragons and 9 green dragons, 83 shamans, 100 black unicorns and 167 inquisitors.

I swapped out some of my mana and leadership items for the -2 undead defense chain and the +8 shield. It put all troops but the Green Dragons out of control but level 3 Armageddon solved that. Then I followed some of the tips on regaining mana by using invisibility on the dragons. I think my problem was not thinking of nuking my own troops and not realizing how powerful Armageddon was and previously using level 3 invisability and wasting mana. Then I used the tip of planting units, totems and shards on dead undead.

Underwhelmed with the 4K experience though, I got more on a shrine in the underground.

Thanks

Razorflame
11-10-2009, 01:36 PM

well he asked for a troop selection ;-)

i just posted it :)and i admit he got very low stats:)

on impossible i already got 32+ int :)

Vomaxx
03-04-2010, 03:40 AM
I too am playing KB for the first time--as a paladin at normal. I engaged Karador last evening. My force was: 6 BD, 203 Inquisitors, 239 Elves, 90 Horsemen, and 204 Ancient Bears. My paladin was level 26; 15/20/12 (attack, defense, int), 88 mana (cut in half by an artifact that provides more rage in combat).

Karador had 69 black knights, 4 bone dragons, 88 ghosts, 40 necromancers, 2130 skeltons (in 2 groups of 1000+), 1358 skeleton archers (in 2 groups), and 437 zombies (in 2 groups). Karador's stats were 20/25/15 with 200 mana.

I think Karador used his magic only to revive his dead, usually the bone dragons; the evil crystal also apparently cast some spells (I was not aware of it for the first part of the battle). I used Time Back once, and gizmo, and the other standard Rage Box stuff, but most of my own spells were bless, haste, and helplessness. (I did not use resurrection. I have gone most of the game without it, owing, I suppose, to using it instead of copying it to my spell book when I started--I got the scroll after selling the map to the mages, but still have not used the spell).

The battle went well. I only broke one hole in the barrier, and used the bears to hold it (like the Spartans at Thermopylae). My dragons made a good sortie, although they lost half their strength. Missile fire, and the riders covering the rear area, did the rest. My casualties were about 50%, which was acceptable. I expected far worse. I was delighted to win the battle on my first try in my first game--a nice contrast with two or three disasters I suffered in the earlier part of my "learning curve," such as engaging the final opponent in the Knight's Temple--the level 30 dragon--too early. [But I got him later, by golly.]

I record these figures in case anyone wants to make comparisons with Karador's strength at various levels.

Metathron
03-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats on winning. Off the top of my head, what I would have done differently is remove the pain skull artifact as you'll need all the mana you can get, and switch the elves with something else, because those dragons always tend to get close and they are resistant to arrows, along with the skeletons.

Razorflame
03-06-2010, 06:28 PM
ranged units are bad for this battle anyway ;-)

i prefer using shamans for this one

put a totem on a dead stack and bye bye dead stack ^^
:D

^^
and use some fire rain on the bone dragons so they get revived everytime :D

Vomaxx
02-07-2011, 03:58 AM
I just beat Karador, at Normal, with a Level 19 Warrior (19Att, 25Def, 5Int, 46 mana) and an army of dwarfs (748 miners, 187 dwarfs, 67 cannoneers, 57 alchemists, 9 giants). I had no resurrection so I lost 43% of my troops, but we beat him, by golly. I was pleased to see that a dwarven army can do well.

Boozie
02-09-2011, 07:56 PM
What is the consensus for using Dryads in this fight?

Pro’s:
Thorns
Thorns making thorns consuming corpses
No retaliation

Cons:
Lullaby does nothing
Will get feared
Will most likely break wall while feared.

Boozie
02-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Karador Down!!! I figure I’d chime in with my thoughts on this fight for the next person who reads this thread looking for help. My setup:
12500 Leadership
~11 atk
~25 def
~23 int
Pally on normal (I know it’s just normal)

Army composition:
Green Dragons (7)
Black Dragons (5)
Royal Snakes (I had the wife + the poison dmg ring)
Griffins
Dryads

Looking back, I can’t stress how helpful Shaman would be for this fight. I didn’t have access to them, but I would have swapped them in place of the black dragons which I hardly used for the fight. Really the key to this fight is positioning + ice thorns (+any other method of covering up corpses, necro call would have been awesome too).

Best advice I can give is don’t feel rushed to kill off his units, take it slow. Create choke points and cover up corpses at the same time with ice thorns. As already mentioned, invis + emerald green dragons is great, I didn’t have that. I wouldn’t suggest phantom on the green dragons at least with my crappy stack of 7 it isn’t worth it. Mana spring on griffin + time back is very very handy as well.

I found it effective to nuke with rain of fire early while they were grouped up. 2x rain of fire really helped reduce the skelly archer stack. I also took advantage of my dragons by waiting and then attacking at the end of the round and retreating at the start of the round. I used this to reduce the necro stack and skelly archer stack.

I personally don’t think inquisitors were worth it. If you were going for a no loss tactic maybe it’d be more essential. I could probably have swapped them for the Black Dragons no problem.

Plan for the long haul this fight. Karador will run out of mana before it’s over most likely. Just keep corpses managed and it shouldn’t be too hard even with only 12k leadership. I felt trap was pretty handy in conjunction with choke points to minimize damage and maximize your dmg/mana spent. Good luck.

Also, don't bother killing the crystal until the end of very near the end. Just manage corpses.

Razorflame
02-13-2011, 12:50 PM
wow that is some bad setup :D

just rape the bone dragons so tthey get revived everytime:)

and then concentrate on his vampires(put 1 unit next to the archers)

archers can be blinded too
making them useless;)