PDA

View Full Version : so Wings of Prey = BoP for the PC?

CENOBITE
11-08-2009, 02:37 AM
I was thinking about getting an AV8r stick and about how it would work for the PC... and getting BoP for the PC. I did a search but haven't found it anywhere. Now I found this from Gaijin Entertainment:

http://www.airwargame.com/

aaaand now I'm officially confused. The assets look similar if not the same between Birds of Prey with Wings of Prey, just with the addition of what looks like planes and levels from the Pacific theater. Interesting that this doesn't look to have the "IL*Sturmovic" in the title.

Anyone have any more info about this? Due this year "exclusively for the PC". Is this the 'sequel' I've heard some of you complain about or is this just an expanded BoP for the PC? From the looks of it, it's just an expanded BoP.

mattd27
11-08-2009, 02:48 AM
yup, pretty much an expanded BoP, only for the PC.;)

That video on the site looks so good it really makes you wish it was on consoles though.:(

CENOBITE
11-08-2009, 02:59 AM
OK... weird. It's like I'm in 'bizzaro world'.

Traditionally, the PC title is always released first thanks to updates, patches, etc if anything is wrong... in order to recoup some budget $$$ to put into the console titles to get them ready to be released months later, because these days you make the money on the console titles.

Hmmm... maybe because this is a genre more popular on PC than consoles is why the 'golden child' is the PC version.

CENOBITE
11-08-2009, 03:22 AM
OK... found out more doing some searching at the yuPlay forum from a 'todace'

http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=109

The game will cost 49,99%, Pre-order gives you 10$ discounts.
Also first users who pre-order game will be invited for massive MP beta test.
Game will be released this year.

The game includes lots of features that will be in sequel and\or future DLC\updates for console IL-2 Birds of Prey, like cockpits for all fighters, join-in-progress, host migration and so on.
There are also some exclusive features - supports of TripleHeade2Go, TrackIR and very high resolution textures (optional for 1Gb videocards).

Also we schedule some add-ons for this game early next year.

Ok, more details.
1. No custom skins will be available. May be later in updates or in sequel - we are working on lots of directions and User Generated Content too. But our game is much more complex in terms of content - so it is much harder to make skins too.
2. In fact main new features are:
Main: authentic bullet tracers, more relaistic rain effects, arcade realism level has now much more realistic speeds limits, all authentic cockpits for all fighters (may be in next DLC\update for console game too, but depends on publisher).
Multiplayer: 32 players in match, Join-in-Progress, Migration Host, Persistent lobby (and lots of fixes, some of them are the same as in update, some are new), changes in team modes gameplay scheme (now only Allies against Axis available)
Single: optional take-offs in some missions.

After release we plan to release som-addons with planes\missions\locations (that is to be detailed).
Also we want to make som UGC support - skins or\and missions (or just advanced quick mission builder). But that is future plans for next year.

more info there. So this isn't the sequel. That will be another game for PC and consoles later next year. Let's hope the features from this are released for BoP at some point so they are both equal titles.

And again it's all up to the publisher... c'mon. Why are you sitting on this update? I don't think I've seen such an odd decision to wait on releasing an update since working for THQ. Something must be up that they aren't telling us about.

Deascendent
11-08-2009, 04:08 AM
Most likely a mixture of a language barrier problem.. but more likely a communication strategy between 505 and Gaijin that was modeled off of the pre 9/11 FBI/CIA intelligence sharing...

I think it's coming soon though...

kozzm0
11-09-2009, 04:05 AM
I know what a "bird of prey" is but what is a "wing of prey?" I've never seen a wing attack and kill anything. Maybe if a plane is destroyed in midair, and its wing flies through the air and hits another plane, maybe that's a "wing of prey."

Raw Kryptonite
11-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Gotta say, I'm not crazy about that name either. Wing of prey sounds like you went hunting and "just winged him" but didn't get a kill. LOL
Question is: BOP we already have. BOP sequel next year. This game lands somewhere in the middle, with more features than BOP but less content than next years game. Is it worth it to be able to play it on pc?
I don't know yet. May buy it on principle for support, but not sure I just need it rather than getting the sequel I know I'll want next year.

Soviet Ace
11-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Name doesn't bother me. But I do hope it stands up against BOP, and doesn't feel so unfinished. But seeing a bit of it, Wings of Prey doesn't seem so bad.

Rufus_the_Rat
11-09-2009, 05:37 AM
I don't know how you guys feel but to me this whole thing smells like rotten fish. Why was this enhanced PC version kept secret for so long? I have a gaming rig too and would not have bought BoP (plus the DLC) for console if I had known it was coming out for PC only a couple of months later.

It's like they were waiting to fool as many flight simmers as they could into buying the inferior Beta console versions, and then they come along only a month and a half after the console release and say "oh by the way here's an upgraded version for PC that has additional content, corrected flight models, better multiplayer, superior graphics AND costs less. You silly Western consumers get to buy our game all over again LOL! And then next year we're coming out with a sequel too to fleece you some more! But this time it will only be on consoles (wink wink). This time you can trust us! LOL"

Wings of Prey? More like Wings of Deception.

PantherAttack2
11-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't know how you guys feel but to me this whole thing smells like rotten fish. Why was this enhanced PC version kept secret for so long? I have a gaming rig too and would not have bought BoP (plus the DLC) for console if I had known it was coming out for PC only a couple of months later.

It's like they were waiting to fool as many flight simmers as they could into buying the inferior Beta console versions, and then they come along only a month and a half after the console release and say "oh by the way here's an upgraded version for PC that has additional content, corrected flight models, better multiplayer, superior graphics AND costs less. You silly Western consumers get to buy our game all over again LOL! And then next year we're coming out with a sequel too to fleece you some more! But this time it will only be on consoles (wink wink). This time you can trust us! LOL"

In my opinion, I think the devs were just bored waiting for the patch to be approved. ;)

Ancient Seraph
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
In my opinion, I think the devs were just bored waiting for the patch to be approved. ;)
lol :P

LostInSpace
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM

It's like they were waiting to fool as many flight simmers as they could into buying the inferior Beta console versions, and then they come along only a month and a half after the console release and say "oh by the way here's an upgraded version for PC that has additional content, corrected flight models, better multi-player, superior graphics AND costs less. You silly Western consumers get to buy our game all over again LOL! And then next year we're coming out with a sequel too to fleece you some more! But this time it will only be on consoles (wink wink). This time you can trust us! LOL"

I couldn't agree with you more. I remember before BOP was released their were rumors that the game was not completely finished (lacking cockpits) and many people were saying that it wasn't true and we should wait and these are just trolls. But, it turned out to be true and wouldn't you know it there's a whole host of issues with this game that haven't been addresses correctly.

I'm boycotting WOP. And to think the developers had the nerve to complain that they were paying for updates out of theor own pocket!

juz1
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
PC simmer? I'd wait for Storm of War (see SimHq)
They'll aim the BOP sequel to be released the same time, probably around the same time as the 70th anniverary of the Battle of Britain...different teams sure but if they combined their advertising budget more will hear about it...probably will include pacific theatres too to get the Japanese market on board, aswell as more American players.

rapid release of v1.1 as a sequel instead of dlc seems to be becoming more widespread in many genres...

just sayin...
________
Arizona dispensaries (http://arizona.dispensaries.org/)

Ancient Seraph
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=3950
This has made me quite sceptical about the release of SoW. It seems like it's going to be amazing, but well, it did that 3 years ago :P.

PantherAttack2
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=3950
This has made me quite sceptical about the release of SoW. It seems like it's going to be amazing, but well, it did that 3 years ago :P.

Everyone keeps saying it will come out next year... The only problem is they say that every year. :rolleyes:

Flywest
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM

I feel the same. I remember reading there would be no BoP for the PC, so I bit the bullet and bought BoP for the 360 *AND* the Av8r joystick. I really enjoyed the game despite several shortcomings. Mind you I've been flight simming on the PC for a lonnnng time and if I had been given the choice, I would have bought the PC version since I have a Saitek X45 and an excellent PC.... What makes matters worse is that WoP seems to be what BoP should have been in the first place !

David603
11-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Everyone keeps saying it will come out next year... The only problem is they say that every year. :rolleyes:
What Oleg is saying now is that he needs to release SoW Battle of Britain in 2010 and get back some of the money he has invested in the project or he will run into problems with finance. Already he has had to put on hold the development of the second game in the SoW series, Korea, because he can no longer afford to have two teams working in parrallel on seperate projects, so I think its clear 2010 will be a release schedule he will have to stick to.

Flywest
11-10-2009, 09:03 PM
What Oleg is saying now is that he needs to release SoW Battle of Britain in 2010 and get back some of the money he has invested in the project or he will run into problems with finance. Already he has had to put on hold the development of the second game in the SoW series, Korea, because he can no longer afford to have two teams working in parrallel on seperate projects, so I think its clear 2010 will be a release schedule he will have to stick to.

Are you saying they have been working on a flight sim based on the Korean War ?

Rufus_the_Rat
11-11-2009, 12:50 AM
I'd love to see a good Korean War game.

David603
11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Are you saying they have been working on a flight sim based on the Korean War ?
Yes, it will be the second game in the SoW series, though its release has been put back because the team that was working on it are now working to speed up the launch of the first game in the series, Battle of Britain.

These pictures show some of the aircraft that will be in SoW Korea when it eventually comes out.
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2535/mig15grab0000.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/mig15grab0000.jpg/)

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7657/p51grab0003.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/p51grab0003.jpg/)

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5381/ad4grab0002.jpg (http://img94.imageshack.us/i/ad4grab0002.jpg/)

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8143/la9grab0000.jpg (http://img40.imageshack.us/i/la9grab0000.jpg/)

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4641/po2grab0001.jpg (http://img32.imageshack.us/i/po2grab0001.jpg/)

Flywest
11-11-2009, 04:46 PM
OMG .... !! I have fond memories of Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. I would be all over a Korean War sim. Thanks for sharing.

King Jareth
11-14-2009, 02:56 PM
SimHQ article about WoP (http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_416a.html)
More sim than Bop apparently.

CENOBITE
11-15-2009, 01:30 AM
SimHQ article about WoP (http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_416a.html)
More sim than Bop apparently.

I'm upset the final Game, whether you want to call it WoP for PC or BoP for consle, is not the same across all platforms. However, I'm weak... and will get the PC version. It just looks so freakin sexy!

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/wingsofprey/air_416a_002_original.jpg

GabeFan
12-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm upset the final Game, whether you want to call it WoP for PC or BoP for consle, is not the same across all platforms...[/I][/B]!

Yeah...I'm upset too!!!!

I just had a look at the WOP website and the pictures of the German planes ALL have the swastika on the tail. They also show the B-17, so I'm guessing you DON'T have to unlock it. :( I won't even mention the whole cockpit issue...

David603
12-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah...I'm upset too!!!!

I just had a look at the WOP website and the pictures of the German planes ALL have the swastika on the tail. They also show the B-17, so I'm guessing you DON'T have to unlock it. :( I won't even mention the whole cockpit issue...
I read somewhere that all the planes, loadouts and campaigns will be availible when you start playing WoP, no need to unlock anything.

stealth finger
12-12-2009, 04:08 PM
to all the people annoyed they bought this becuause there was no pc version. Why didn't you buy 1946 instead. Everyone has alsways known it was more encompasing in almost every regard. I mean the best thing about BoP for me is that its on Xbox. tbh if I had the choice of titles the PC had I can't say for sure i would've bougth this one over others.

trk29
12-12-2009, 04:29 PM
What plane is this
http://www.simhq.com/_air13/wingsofprey/air_416a_005.original.jpg

David603
12-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Bf110

GabeFan
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
to all the people annoyed they bought this becuause there was no pc version. Why didn't you buy 1946 instead. Everyone has alsways known it was more encompasing in almost every regard. I mean the best thing about BoP for me is that its on Xbox...

Well... my computer is a 6 year old iMac, and I don't think IL-2 1946 is released on the Mac platform, so I bought the PS3 version. I LOVE BoP, although it's a damn shame that the console game doesn't have all the stuff the PC version has. I don't see why the console game made you unlock all these planes, and the PC game gets them ALL from the start? I certainly hope the remaining cockpits for BoP are released as DLC or I'm gonna be sad...

Ancient Seraph
12-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Well... my computer is a 6 year old iMac, and I don't think IL-2 1946 is released on the Mac platform, so I bought the PS3 version. I LOVE BoP, although it's a damn shame that the console game doesn't have all the stuff the PC version has. I don't see why the console game made you unlock all these planes, and the PC game gets them ALL from the start? I certainly hope the remaining cockpits for BoP are released as DLC or I'm gonna be sad...
WoP probably implemented some features that were suggested on these forums. Also, the lack of achievements might play a part in that.

Rufus_the_Rat
12-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Sometimes I hate achievements, they screw things up in games. Like for example how you can't share Xbox game saves easily on the internet because MS wants to maintain the integrity of the achievement system.

stealth finger
12-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Sometimes I hate achievements, they screw things up in games. Like for example how you can't share Xbox game saves easily on the internet because MS wants to maintain the integrity of the achievement system.
if you hack the box you can do. but then youll get banned from live

AV 1611
01-23-2010, 01:59 PM

Definitely a ROTTEN FISH!

Riceball
01-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Definitely a ROTTEN FISH!

WTF? I try to quote you and I get a few words of your post.

Like I said before, anybody who enjoys WoP should thank all who bought BoP for funding it.

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 03:29 PM
WTF? I try to quote you and I get a few words of your post.

Like I said before, anybody who enjoys WoP should thank all who bought BoP for funding it.

Riceball I thank you personally for helping to make WoP to be such a fine game.

STINGERSIX78
01-23-2010, 03:30 PM
bop is a fair deal.
cheaper than other *high end* games, but just as well.
ok , there are some issues (especially the lost cockpits), but the rest is fair and good.
if the sequel only owns a new campaign, german cockpits, some new mp features and a few more planes, i will buy it.

(maybe i would think different, if i don't got the patch :( ...)

Riceball
01-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Riceball I thank you personally for helping to make WoP to be such a fine game.

Ha! You're funny. Anton said the BoP patch (or repair, if we want to be real) was from their own pockets. That means it was from our pockets. Wake up.

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Ha! You're funny. Anton said the BoP patch (or repair, if we want to be real) was from their own pockets. That means it was from our pockets. Wake up.

I bought the title 3 times over & I'm absolutely loving WoP. I'm just thankful to be fulfilled by this franchise finally.

I don't give a rats ass who's pocket it comes from tbh as long as I get a great game. Most ppl have a WoP issue because of the pc needed to run it & I sympothise with that but you're making yourself sound like a tight ass. I didn't have to waste my money on BoP once let alone twice, that was my bad.

Tell me to wake up??? Huh???

Riceball
01-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I bought the title 3 times over & I'm absolutely loving WoP. I'm just thankful to be fulfilled by this franchise finally.

I don't give a rats ass who's pocket it comes from tbh as long as I get a great game. Most ppl have a WoP issue because of the pc needed to run it & I sympothise with that but you're making yourself sound like a tight ass. I didn't have to BoP twice, that was my bad.

Tell me to wake up??? Huh???

If your favorite planes were all f$#%^ you may sing a different song.

Edit: Yes. Wake up, and stop licking 1c's ****.

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 04:08 PM

If you refer to the P-51D & P-47, then WoP have them nailed, to almost the level of realism that IL-2 have achieved.

My favorite planes of this era don't even feature in WoP but my song would always be the same. It's not all about the plane, IT'S MORE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE, THE INVOLVEMENT, THE IMMERSION & REALISM.

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 04:21 PM

Edit: Yes. Wake up, and stop licking 1c's ****.

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Oi Mr Attitude. Do a little homework. Look at all my previous posts & then consider what you've just accused me of. (Or ask anyone of the regulars on here if I'm a 1C *** licker).

Grow up pal, you can do it!!!

BTW, there's only 3*'s in ***, lol! :grin:

Riceball
01-23-2010, 05:33 PM
If you refer to the P-51D & P-47, then WoP have them nailed, to almost the level of realism that IL-2 have achieved.

My favorite planes of this era don't even feature in WoP but my song would always be the same. It's not all about the plane, IT'S MORE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE, THE INVOLVEMENT, THE IMMERSION & REALISM.

O.K. I'll play.

I am not talking about WoP. This is a BoP board. I'm glad the p-51 and p-47 are fine in WoP, but what good does that do to 360 owners of BoP?

Edit: Please, I'd like to know.

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 05:48 PM
O.K. I'll play.

I am not talking about WoP. This is a BoP board. I'm glad the p-51 and p-47 are fine in WoP, but what good does that do to 360 owners of BoP?

Edit: Please, I'd like to know.

OK don't see your point tbh. Yes this is a BoP board but we are both contributing to a thread that somebody started & it's titled "So Wings of Prey = BoP for the PC"

Riceball
01-23-2010, 05:58 PM
OK don't see your point tbh. Yes this is a BoP board but we are both contributing to a thread that somebody started & it's titled "So Wings of Prey = BoP for the PC"

You have to be kidding me.

And it should to be: BoP=Wop for PC.

What is going on now?

I should be happy I got screwed, and PS3 and PC got a great version?

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 06:17 PM
You have to be kidding me.

And it should to be: BoP=Wop for PC.

What is going on now?

I should be happy I got screwed, and PS3 and PC got a great version?

For your information (from someone that owned both console versions), if there was indeed a 'great' version of BoP then it would undoubtedly be the xbox version; smoother gameplay, no screen tearing & no horrible loading stutters in flight.
The patch is not going to turn this title around on 360 & there will be threads asking if it was all worth it.
The Post patch PS3 version still has a dodgey P-51D flying characteristic, the same wrong cockpit, the same screen tearing, the same deadzone issues, problems with custom mapping ... oh but it does have blacker flak smoke that does more damage & I'm told the wheel brakes were fixed for stick users.
I can't comment on the multiplayer fixes (or lack of) as I was put off playing online with this title.

Sure you want your patch to be up there with the PS3 players but don't expect too much when it materialises.

There are major patch fixes coming out for WoP every week with very noticeable improvements & additions & like I've said on other threads, that sucks; & yes ofcourse it should be the same across the board.

Riceball
01-23-2010, 06:42 PM
if there was indeed a 'great' version of BoP then it would undoubtedly be the xbox version; smoother gameplay, no screen tearing & no horrible loading stutters in flight.

I think we would all take your update over our "great version".

The patch is not going to turn this title around on 360

That is absolutly not the point.

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I think we would all take your update over our "great version".

That is absolutly not the point.

It absolutely is the point. If, like you've just pointed out, you find the patch updates & improvements not to be the important factor of your desiresw but more-over worrying what someone else has over you then for f***s sake stop moaning about your game.

Riceball
01-23-2010, 07:11 PM
It absolutely is the point. If, like you've just pointed out, you find the patch updates & improvements not to be the important factor of your desiresw but more-over worrying what someone else has over you then for f***s sake stop moaning about your game.

*Sigh*

I never said anybody has anything on me because the lack of preformance of the U.S planes.

But I'll say if the P-51 was realistic and as competitive as it should be you would know my name.

Edit: I could not care less if the update turns the 360 version around. We would just like to see it.

Houndstone Hawk
01-23-2010, 07:59 PM
*Sigh*

I never said anybody has anything on me because the lack of preformance of the U.S planes.

But I'll say if the P-51 was realistic and as competitive as it should be you would know my name.

Edit: I could not care less if the update turns the 360 version around. We would just like to see it.

Umm. Moved the goal posts slightly?
I didn't realise we were talking exclusively about US warplanes & how brilliant you are. So the only reason you want the patch is so you can make a name for yourself in the British-powered P-51D. Hey that's fair enough.

But my original point in this thread (that is now going nowhere fast) was to honour your wishes & thank you for WoP. Life's too short & here in 'Blighty', it's Saturday night. ;)

condorz38
01-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Totally agree. Playing is fun, ye there are problems, but what game doesn't have them? If there is a sequel I will buy it, but not at a premium price unless there is a patch for BOP; if they don't fix this one, I have no faith in the next being a lot better.