PDA

View Full Version : what's the game after KB:AP

johnpaladin
10-29-2009, 04:20 PM
KB series are good game in graphic performance and playability.

I want to know the develope will use the 3d engine to do the next game?

Hope they make some ARPG or RTS,it will be great.

Nike-it
10-30-2009, 06:32 AM
KB series are good game in graphic performance and playability.

I want to know the develope will use the 3d engine to do the next game?

Hope they make some ARPG or RTS,it will be great.

There is no any information about next Katauri project yet.

johnpaladin
10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
There is no any information about next Katauri project yet.

lol

thank you for the reply, I'll wait. :-P

Pankratz1980
10-30-2009, 03:11 PM
They should TOTALLY make Heroes of Might and Magic VI, but that would require them to secure the rights to the franchise or just getting the "blessing" of Ubisoft.

...Or Jagged Alliance 3. The project is pretty much dead, there's no news about it from F3 Games or Akella.

km2
10-30-2009, 03:52 PM
They should TOTALLY make Heroes of Might and Magic VI, but that would require them to secure the rights to the franchise or just getting the "blessing" of Ubisoft.

We can only dream. I think anyone who's played both HOMM2/3/4/5 and KB:TL knows that Katauri have come up with the best "battle" game. I'm a huge fan of HOMM3 but I don't think I could have played through as many battles and still had it feel fun as I have with KB:TL.

If that was mixed with the overworld map style, and some hotseat co-op play that's so conducive for talking nonsense with a friend (ala HOMM), they'd have something that would be close to my favourite game of all time.

I still do play HOMM3 so if they just gave it some Katauri magic I'm sure it'd be improved. Sadly I'm sure politics will ensure that it's not to be. In the meantime lets get some Armoured Princess out!

Metathron
10-30-2009, 05:55 PM
HoMM VI is supposedly being developed already, it is rumoured Ubisoft chose a Hungarian developer. I'm also looking forward to seeing any future projects by Katauri (well, almost any), but I hope they don't rest on their laurels.

jake21
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't mind a wizardry 9 :)

Zhuangzi
10-30-2009, 09:52 PM
We can only dream. I think anyone who's played both HOMM2/3/4/5 and KB:TL knows that Katauri have come up with the best "battle" game. I'm a huge fan of HOMM3 but I don't think I could have played through as many battles and still had it feel fun as I have with KB:TL.

If that was mixed with the overworld map style, and some hotseat co-op play that's so conducive for talking nonsense with a friend (ala HOMM), they'd have something that would be close to my favourite game of all time.

I still do play HOMM3 so if they just gave it some Katauri magic I'm sure it'd be improved. Sadly I'm sure politics will ensure that it's not to be. In the meantime lets get some Armoured Princess out!

Absolutely. In terms of the actual turn based fighting, I genuinely believe that KB:TL has the best combat I've ever played. EVER. :cool:

I would love to see Space Rangers 3.

BB Shockwave
11-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Quoted for truth. I was dissappointed in Heroes V so much I stopped playing around the Dark Elf campaign... the new initiative system (especially that your hero has to wait in line too) I did not like at all. Plus the hex-based battlefield was much better then the grid.

Funnily although I am hungarian, neither me nor the hungarian Gamer newspapers have any idea who this mysterious developer for HOMMVI could be...

I think the KB engine could be used for a HOMM game, if someone could do some serious modding and create a castle building system. And of course moving on the adventure map would be turn-based too. And hero vs. hero battle would be even more challenging if skills would come into play on both sides.

jake21
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Vaguely I think heard there would be a space ranger 3; which seems weird because earlier someone said the space ranger 2 team was disbanded and there would never be a space ranger 3. If they do a space ranger 3 I hope they quadruple the number of text puzzles :)

Absolutely. In terms of the actual turn based fighting, I genuinely believe that KB:TL has the best combat I've ever played. EVER. :cool:

I would love to see Space Rangers 3.

Mandea
11-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I hope I live the day to see KB 10 :D

Arxagelos
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
The first king's bounty from New World Computing and the ancestor of HOMM was one of the best games i ever played. Now in the age of thirty, the legend was the game that made me sit in my chair for 15-17 ours!!! I have years to site so long time. I'm waiting with anxius the Armored Princes and every future game from Katuari. :rolleyes:

Zhuangzi
11-02-2009, 11:22 PM
After Space Rangers 2 and KB:TL, Katauri are my favourite game developer in the world. Whatever they do next, I will buy. (some kind of strategy or rpg please!) :-)

johnpaladin
11-03-2009, 04:01 AM
After Space Rangers 2 and KB:TL, Katauri are my favourite game developer in the world. Whatever they do next, I will buy. (some kind of strategy or rpg please!) :-)

Katauri became one of my favorite game developers since I played KB:TL. Not to mention, the other one is Blizzard:)

I think there will be a trilogy of KB, and the last one come with a map editor:cool: