PDA

View Full Version : Earliest Female Unit?

Zwischenzug
10-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone. Just got Anga's Ruby and I want to know what is the earliest female unit?

Elwin
10-24-2009, 02:22 PM
females are not early, driads sprites, and demonesses

Razorflame
10-24-2009, 02:37 PM
for a mage

;-)

u get sprites early;)

KrazyDocK
10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
The earliest female units are probably in Ellinia, the elf lands. There you will find lake fairies, sprites, and dryads.

I hope that helps.

iregev
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
for warriror and paladin the earliest you can get is to go to freedom islands -> grab some loot -> pay the 100K for James and get the maps - >sneak past kodar to demonis and get Demonesses
(also if you made it all the way up there better pick some pick Necromancers...)

after you have those units go back to kodar and you will have easy time

jamotide
10-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Its too bad there are none before Ellinia, its a real tease to get this ring beforehand.
But good idea to sneak into demonis first, but thats not really quick either having to 'sneak' through the whole dwarf mines first.

BB Shockwave
10-30-2009, 08:09 AM
for warriror and paladin the earliest you can get is to go to freedom islands -> grab some loot -> pay the 100K for James and get the maps - >sneak past kodar to demonis and get Demonesses
(also if you made it all the way up there better pick some pick Necromancers...)

after you have those units go back to kodar and you will have easy time

You cannot sneak into Demonis. The armies guarding the way there move on a straight, narrow road, you cannot go past them. And there is always an army guarding the portal, you can only go there with a flying platform meaning you cannot lure the army away.

I think it's quite a bummer that you cannot recruit Sprites early, since they are mostly early-game units - by the time you get to Elinia you probably have better higher level units then them.

bucazaurus
10-30-2009, 09:15 AM
You cannot sneak into Demonis. The armies guarding the way there move on a straight, narrow road, you cannot go past them. And there is always an army guarding the portal, you can only go there with a flying platform meaning you cannot lure the army away.

I think it's quite a bummer that you cannot recruit Sprites early, since they are mostly early-game units - by the time you get to Elinia you probably have better higher level units then them.

You are wrong.You can go in and out even if there are 2 enemy stacks guarding the portal.I did it so many time that i lost the count.

Arilian
10-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Also you are wrong in that there are better units than sprites/lake faeries :)
Ok, Maybe they are not that great for a mage but for a warriror they are the best units in the whole game.

Elwin
10-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah i agree with buca, i did it my all games as well.

BB Shockwave
10-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Umm, how the heck did you do it? The road to demonis is 1,5 tiles wide (by tile I mean your hero or an enemy army). I might be able to lure the one army on the road away , but what do you do with the one in front of the portal? Maybe you did that in the older patch games, and they did something in 1.7. I tried multiple times, but the road was never wide enough for me to run past the Demons guarding the portal.

About Sprites - unfortunately there are too many enemy spells and skills that affect low-level (1-2) units that's why I disdain from using them. If you have Sprites, for example, you can bet that even in low-level Item Supression battles one of the towers will turn them into sheep...
Also because of the low HP, you pretty much must use Resurrection in every battle on them. No Loss games are easier to do and less tedious with Level 3 and higher units.

loreangelicus
10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Umm, how the heck did you do it? The road to demonis is 1,5 tiles wide (by tile I mean your hero or an enemy army). I might be able to lure the one army on the road away , but what do you do with the one in front of the portal? Maybe you did that in the older patch games, and they did something in 1.7. I tried multiple times, but the road was never wide enough for me to run past the Demons guarding the portal.

It's not easy, and you might need several tries before you succeed, but the key is to lure the two enemies together, away from the portal. Once you have their attention, stick to the edge of one side of the road. This is a "fake" move which makes them move more to one side of the road also and not stay at the center, allowing more running room on the other side.

It's not easy, but it could be done.

An easier tactic is to just keep on killing everything before this encounter so that you would be at a high level and be strong enough to at least take out the non-hero enemy. Dancing around one enemy is a lot easier than dancing around two.

Arilian
10-30-2009, 10:24 PM
. If you have Sprites, for example, you can bet that even in low-level Item Supression battles one of the towers will turn them into sheep...

It is true, also even true for boss fights, but time back is resurrect all units AND dispell the negative spell (often pygmy) AND you can use lvl 1 time back relatively early in the game.
Also you can dispell, and if the enemy control the lake faeries, the sprites can also dispell (this is not often needed but sometimes useful)

Is you have lvl 4-5 units probably it will cast lightning/armageddon killing some from each stack and you have a mutch harder task to resurrect everything.

Zhuangzi
10-31-2009, 01:17 PM
You can definitely get around those guards at the gate to Demonis, BB. It is tough, and I remember once when I needed 10+ reloads to get it right. You've got to get through with enough room behind you so that you can get back into Underground Sea without the enemy stack being right next to you. It will stay exactly where it was when you went into Demonis. :eek:

It is worth it for Fire Rain though. :cool:

BB Shockwave
11-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the tip. I have not yet played the game through with a warrior and I plan to use an all-elven and later an all-demon army, so I'm gonna need the trick most likely.

In AP getting Demons is much easier, thankfully. You can get to Sheragga, the wandering Demon continent quite easily - the map to the continent is guarded by a quite strong troop just in front of the Necromancer castle in the Montero mines, but there is enough room to nab the scrool from behind them without fighting. There is a catch though - you cannot fly on Sheragga. But the enemies are easy to evade, and you can guaranteedly find all Demon units there (as well as some Lizardmen units), some even in "Horde" quantities. There also more items boosting demons then before. (Anga's Ruby no longer exists, but there is an armor-bearer and another item that increases female unit's attack and initiative).