PDA

View Full Version : For the love of this game, Please change the server message

Safetyjeff
10-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Anton and developers. You HAVE to CHANGE the "The IL2 Servers are not available at this time, please try again later"
It is giving the community the wrong idea, it makes us think that we can not play on line. I have since learned to create my own room and wait for people to show up, but that singular message is scaring the players away!!!
It is such a great game, and, YES, one small simple message like that can ruin your title. It is a small misinterpretation that has a MAJOR impact.

Here is an example of what I think would be a good replacement message.

"There are currently no lobbies being hosted, please go to create session and set up a lobby. Thank You"

My 360 tag is SafetyJeff for IL2 and SAAM I AM for Ace Combat 6, I am a die hard gamer and am doing all I can to promote your game to the flying community I know. I BEG YOU, PLEASE Change the server message.

Fellow Gamers, please feel free to chime in with your Ideas for a replacement message.

SafetyJeff/SAAM I AM

caphead
10-23-2009, 11:31 PM
gotta be kidding me.....

Ancient Seraph
10-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure it's that big a deal. People that don't get it right away go to the forums to see what it is and they see what it means. I think they should change it, don't get me wrong, but there's bigger problems.

Soviet Ace
10-23-2009, 11:48 PM
i'm not sure it's that big a deal. People that don't get it right away go to the forums to see what it is and they see what it means. I think they should change it, don't get me wrong, but there's bigger problems.

+1 billion!!

mattd27
10-23-2009, 11:53 PM
I was about to say "not everybody knows about the forums", but the few people that actually play the game probably are on here.:neutral:

Ancient Seraph
10-23-2009, 11:59 PM
I was about to say "not everybody knows about the forums", but the few people that actually play the game probably are on here.:neutral:

Lol. I'm guessing a google search should do the trick. (testing). Nope.. it doesn't :rolleyes:. Tricky... Still, I believe there are bigger problems. And looking at this (http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=36) thread I'm guessing they know it's not as clear as it could be. It might get fixed in the update..

Ghillied raptor
10-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Lol. I'm guessing a google search should do the trick. (testing). Nope.. it doesn't :rolleyes:. Tricky... Still, I believe there are bigger problems. And looking at this (http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=36) thread I'm guessing they know it's not as clear as it could be. It might get fixed in the update..

Google is useful,sure, just as search engines are.All the the same the seem to be carefully avoided for some reason:rolleyes:...

mdbuehler
10-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I agree with the OP. It looks like the servers are down half the time with that message, which DOES make them look really bad AND doesn't let them know they ought to set one up, which just compounds the problem.

I'd change that first thing with that patch. Honestly, compare the number of games sold to the number of people in this forum, and the number isn't even close. Most people who see that are going to think what I did, that the servers are jacked :(

birdsofmay
10-24-2009, 04:29 PM
your way of talking seems odly fimiliar like you played WoW before you went to play this game