PDA

View Full Version : Off topic: This Friday is (drum roll)...

cyclone70
10-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Forza 3 - Yee haa!!! Any winged BOP fanatics also wheeled fanatics? If you are I'd like to put you on my friends list as you're all a jolly decent bunch...

XBL: cyclone70

sloppy_clock
10-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Definatly! No money though :( I have PGR4 if you have that?

Tudorp15
10-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I am.. But no immediate plans to pick that title up. I am still an off road type of guy. Baja "Edge Of Control" is still one of my top choices, being booted to #2 for me by BOP...

Chrester
10-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Pre ordered it and hope it will be in my mailbox tomorrow :)

Soulsurfer
10-22-2009, 07:37 PM
My copy of Forza3 arrived on tuesday (4 days early due to the postal strikes) aswell as my copy of Borderlands :) Too bad I've not had time to play them yet. I have however had time install the content on F3disc2 aswell as finish the first race.

I got a crack in my PGR4 disc :( I preferred PGR3 myself, maybe as it felt rewarding unlocking the achievemets on it due them being hard (for me at least)

GT:SouIsurfer

cyclone70
10-23-2009, 11:23 AM
My copy of Forza3 arrived on tuesday (4 days early due to the postal strikes) aswell as my copy of Borderlands :) Too bad I've not had time to play them yet.

I was going to say you lucky bugger getting it 3 days early!!!! sorry you've not had time to give it a test drive. Drop me a FR if you wanna try out online on it. Should be gettin my copy today :-P

Chrester
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Installing it right now ;)

haitch40
10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
i am also a racing fan but im a Gran turismo fan sorry

mattd27
10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Forza 3 is going to be of epic proportions. I won't have the cash for a little while though. :(

Robotic Pope
10-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Man, my whole friends list is full of Forza 3 players!!!?!?!

juz1
10-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Arrived yeterdaty...its 800am...I've had 2 hours sleep and my wifes in a shit...its Forza3 TIME!
________
Magic Flight Launch Box Review (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

Reddisback
10-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Forza 3 - Yee haa!!! Any winged BOP fanatics also wheeled fanatics? If you are I'd like to put you on my friends list as you're all a jolly decent bunch...

XBL: cyclone70

Yup. Massive Petrol Head Here!! Specialty; Classic and Moderday Muscle Cars!
I'm a Trans -AM guy. i'm Saving up cash to buy the Ford Fusion Stock car for the Up-comming NASCAR events. I allready have a Fiat 500 Abarth up for auction!

Gamertag, is offcourse Reddisback and i see you on the Race track.
I'm Specialized in Ford Mustangs, an ocationly Mopar ( Dodge/Chrysler) but yeah,
I got Forza3. i now have all 3 parts.:cool:

cyclone70
10-24-2009, 07:37 AM
got no BoP in yesterday as I got my copy. Didn't get much racing in as I spent a ridiculous amount of time pimpin' my ride, painting and sticking decals all over it. Then thought, stop it, it's a Citroen C4!
It's scary, even that bit can suck hours from your life...

Irishmandkg
10-24-2009, 07:46 PM
i am also a racing fan but im a Gran turismo fan sorry

Agreed.

mattmanB182
10-25-2009, 02:45 AM
You lucky guys!! It has yet to be released here in the states. THIS BLOWS!!!

MOPAR or Audi...or NO CAR!!!!

dazz1971
10-25-2009, 09:23 AM
hmm i dont know yet

im a big forza fan i got the first 2 but i kinda couldnt get my teeth into the second one the races are too short

now what i mean by that is that say you select for example
subaru vs honda you get to do 3/4 races then that series is finished so you pretty much have to come first in every race

now what i would like to see in forza 3 is a proper race season im going to use f1 just as an example to get my point across

f1 16+ races per season you have to think stratagy here
say if your trailing by so many points and
you get in to 3rd do you push for a higer place and risk crashing spining off and losing the points you allready have or.. do you ease of a bit and collect the points for third and fight your way up the drivers table ???

unfortunatly this doesnt work that well when you only have 3/4 races

im might get it or i might wait for that new f1 game that is coming soon ??

Houndstone Hawk
10-25-2009, 10:44 AM
hmm i dont know yet

im a big forza fan i got the first 2 but i kinda couldnt get my teeth into the second one the races are too short

now what i mean by that is that say you select for example
subaru vs honda you get to do 3/4 races then that series is finished so you pretty much have to come first in every race

now what i would like to see in forza 3 is a proper race season im going to use f1 just as an example to get my point across

f1 16+ races per season you have to think stratagy here
say if your trailing by so many points and
you get in to 3rd do you push for a higer place and risk crashing spining off and losing the points you allready have or.. do you ease of a bit and collect the points for third and fight your way up the drivers table ???

unfortunatly this doesnt work that well when you only have 3/4 races

im might get it or i might wait for that new f1 game that is coming soon ??

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Picked it up on Friday but get this!!! You can't even change the number of laps in a free race. You're stuck with what they give you; for example; silverstone gp circuit is something like 3 laps.
The game seems ok enough in the handling sense but there's a certain lack in sense of speed & i was really hoping that a so-called realistic motor sport game could get out of the mentality of only having an 8 car line-up on grid & not feeling the need to leave out quali laps.

Other curious ailments that don't detract from the gameplay is a complete lack of the driver actually changing gear or pulling on the handbrake (his hands are always jammed to the wheel) & the cockpit windows completely lacking glass??? There's no reflection or blemishes & no glass deformation.

Slightly disappointed I must admit but the car-painting feature is worth the price alone IMO & this game has an awesome editor & community setup &, until GT5, what is there as the new F1 game is sounding bad already .... apparently using the ultra arcade GRID graphics & platform so you can forget pace cars, pit lane starts from engine problems etc.

Soulsurfer
10-25-2009, 12:04 PM
They have totally ruined the multiplayer with this game :(. Forza 2 had a great multiplayer system, where you could host your own game with the settings you wanted. You could force assists off if you wanted, you could select what track to race and how many laps to run. You could select which car class you wanted to use etc. Now they have abandoned all that and opted for rubbish playlists like Halo3 and Gears 2. Races only have 3 laps and you can't load custom tunes online either. I'm really dissapointed with this as I was only wanting the game for it's great online.

I wanted to take my pimped out Mk2 Golf for a few races online but as it's an F class car I can't. There are no options to play using F,D,E classes that I could see. If it aint broke don't fix it FFS.

I do agree though that the paint editor is simply amazing and the storefront is superb too. I'm going to put my Mk2 Golf tune up there for the Iberian short track (I'm 19th out of 72000+ on the leaderboards for this track with that tune). Every credit helps :)

FOZ_1983
10-25-2009, 12:21 PM
FORZA was good, FORZA 2 was better in some part, FORZA 3 - no go. Not buying it, not even looking at it. Seems they have taken the good parts from FORZA 2 and left some of them out.

I'll be waiting for F1 :D

For those of you wh odo enjoy forza 3..... glad its worknig out for you ;) just dotn neglect IL2 :p

cyclone70
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
OK well I was all excited about this and have spent some time with the game, but it's leaving me a bit cold.

I'm one of those cheapskates on a non HD xbox and was really pissed off that a shit load of content on disc 2 can't be accessed without a hard drive.

Also I can't get movie replays cos I don't have an HD. What the f&^k... even Gran Turismo on PS1 had that for God's sake.

It's got beautiful graphics and no slowdown but no motion blur like PGR4 and I hate to say it but it is a bit soulless and clinical maybe. I might even try out NFS Shift even though people have had trouble with the handling. The engine sounds on it are incredible and raw sounding. It is FAST too from what I've read.

Dunno what to do, trade it or keep it...

Houndstone Hawk
10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
OK well I was all excited about this and have spent some time with the game, but it's leaving me a bit cold.

I'm one of those cheapskates on a non HD xbox and was really pissed off that a shit load of content on disc 2 can't be accessed without a hard drive.

Also I can't get movie replays cos I don't have an HD. What the f&^k... even Gran Turismo on PS1 had that for God's sake.

It's got beautiful graphics and no slowdown but no motion blur like PGR4 and I hate to say it but it is a bit soulless and clinical maybe. I might even try out NFS Shift even though people have had trouble with the handling. The engine sounds on it are incredible and raw sounding. It is FAST too from what I've read.

Dunno what to do, trade it or keep it...

I like my games biased toward sim & realism & I have both games & I can honestly say with much dismay that NFS Shift outclasses Forza3 in every way other than the aforementioned paint editor. It has fantastic handling, much better graphics than Forza3, including far better draw distance & particle effects. You can watch a car in front go off track on NFSS & they throw up a giant cloud of dust but Forza has next to nothing. There's also no anti aliasing in Forza3 which makes the foreground graphics very unpleasant. Admittedly NFS Shift really shines when using a wheel. Yeah the handling is good in F3 but NFS S keeps up here too & there is NO ATMOSPHERE in Forza3 at all. NFS S engine sounds are truly frightening in comparison.

Because of the pathetic rewind button THERE IS NO GAMEPLAY left in Forza 3 at all. Being limitless in its generosity, there is absolutely no reason why you can't win any Single Player race 1st time, every time. Go wrong on a corner? just rewind, & rewind, & rewind & so on until you cross the line 1st. How on earth is that a sense of achievement in your career mode races??? Atleast the arcade GRID have a limited number of rewinds based on the level you played on or even the ability to switch it off totally.

cyclone70
10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Houndstone, you've made my mind up buddy, I'm trading it in for Shift tomoro. The engine noises just aren't doing it for me. I'll miss the paintshop and decal customisation though. That is a game in itself.

Soulsurfer
10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
You do realise that you don't actually have to use the rewind feature if you don't want to right? I've not used it once, but I do agree with most other comments regarding F3's downside. I also had shift but traded it in as IMO it was crap :) Super aggresive AI who constantly ram you etc and what's with the whole getting bonus points for spinning cars out and ramming them off track? Each to their own though I guess.

Houndstone Hawk
10-25-2009, 10:01 PM
You do realise that you don't actually have to use the rewind feature if you don't want to right? I've not used it once, but I do agree with most other comments regarding F3's downside. I also had shift but traded it in as IMO it was crap :) Super aggresive AI who constantly ram you etc and what's with the whole getting bonus points for spinning cars out and ramming them off track? Each to their own though I guess.

Very true indeed. Good points made. The idiotic legalised aggressive mode is a complete head scratcher that makes Shift completely unplayable online & it's easily the biggest gripe to the otherwise superior game. However the single races & tailored aspect of the game is an area you can pretty much avoid all that sh*t. Choose how many laps you want in your 16-car strong race; two simple things that the player can't even get to enjoy in Forza3.

I'd obviously recommend anyone to d/load the NFS demo 1st though

cyclone70
10-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I have traded it and have a copy of NFS in my sweaty palms.
I hadn't realised Turn 10 forgot that sometimes it rains, and sometimes the sun goes down too. :-P

Houndstone Hawk
10-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Hmm! Think I need to get out more ... :rolleyes:

cyclone70
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Like it, like it! ;) Bet it flies better than a 109 too :grin:

Enjoying Shift though more at present for a pure all out adrenalin fix, but tis true the customisation sucks. :(

King Jareth
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
After playing FM2, FM3 can leave you with a bit of a sense of "been there, raced that". The incar view is nice but not the best (SHIFT beats it here, as well as having more 'soul') and the physics are bordering on good but I think RacePro does it far better (in the sense that you feel connected to the road and can feel the car more).

IMO the best racing "sim" (in the same sense of the word as BoP being a "sim") on 360 is without a doubt in my mind RacePro. I find it more fun to drive, more challenging and far more rewarding, but for sheer content and the ease of getting in a MP game FM3 edges it.

The comments of it feeling clinical and too clean are spot on to me, theres something detatched about it where you dont quit feel like you're in the car.
Play the SHIFT and FM3 demos back to back and you'll see what I mean.

dazz1971
10-27-2009, 12:37 PM
well been into town today and decided to go a different route and get DIRT2 :grin::grin:

im much more of an offroad type of guy anyway :grin::grin:
plus i played all 3 demos and the 2 that stood out were shift and dirt2 :grin:

Chrester
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
RacePro would be better if they just could patch away the irritating bugs.
Yepp, same story as with iL-BoP :rolleyes:

There are so many little bugs with race pro that many people left it.

Now for forza3, i played since friday and kinda like it. Mostly for the cockpit view. But as mentioned shift does it better.
The car handling has improved. You can now catch up a slide easier and the cars dont feel so twitchy.
The game feels a bit to short. I'm at level 30 already and only played a couple of hours here and there.
Hope it will last longer in multi, as soon they fix the online lobby. As it is now its a matchmaking system that nobody wants. Whats wrong with the forza2 system :confused: That worked like a charm and everybody was happy.

Reddisback
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Forza 3 just had an update last night at 5:30 GMT. i read that on Forzamotorsport.net

i coulden't find what they changed or added in the update, but i hope they got rid od some of the Bugs.

P.S. I have the Collectors edition and i installed the 2 discs, uploaded it. saved it, entered the code they gave with it, and that was accepted, and still i can't get to those 10 Rare cars. I know that you have to purchase them with credir points, but if you want to see the car it self, you have ( atleast i have) a Message that saids; ''AN error ocured. you can not get to Markerplace'' or something' in that same order.

It's really Weird.......

Reddisback
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
bump.

( why is this topic so far back?)

Ancient Seraph
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
bump.

( why is this topic so far back?)
Probably because it's from friday 3 weeks back :P.

trk29
11-07-2009, 08:30 PM
This is the third thread you have bumped.
It don't even have anything to do with BOP
Bored?:-P

Reddisback
11-07-2009, 11:38 PM
This is the third thread you have bumped.
It don't even have anything to do with BOP
Bored?:-P

Gosh, Really? ;) just got too much free time on my hands.