PDA

View Full Version : Display problem XBox?

SEE
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Started last night, during game play the screen momentarily freezes (on-line and off line). I have the game installed on the hard drive and wondered if this is hardware issue or if others experience the same. Is it worth deleting it and re-installing or is this a waste of time?

Ancient Seraph
10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
It's always worth a try, try running it just with the disc as well. It's also very possible it's an Xbox problem. It's probably a good idea to contact MS as well.

SEE
10-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the reply, I can't see any way of running it from the disc once its installed to the hard drive, if there is a way can someone tell me how?

Robotic Pope
10-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes this happens for me too, I believe this is a quirk of the game. It is slightly anoying but it doesn't happen too often and only lasts for a split second. This is xbox running off the DVD. Everyone Ive asked gets it too. Also I think in an online game it happens to everybody at the same time because when I get the freeze online and i'm shooting at someone, when it starts again they are in the exact same position, if they hadn't frozen too I would have seen them jump ahead like a big lag.

Lexandro
10-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Its 99% certain its a lag spike due to network traffic.

Ancient Seraph
10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Its 99% certain its a lag spike due to network traffic.

I'll have to agree for online, although the offline part seems hardware-related. Don't recall ever experiencing it, but then again, I don't play a lot of SP.

Raw Kryptonite
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
#1 make sure that thing is ventilated and getting cool air. Sounds to me like a heat issue. Check the vents for dust blockage, be sure it's clear. Move it into the open and on a hard surface if it's not like that already.

#2 sometimes they do this before RROD. See #1.

I think it's a good idea to delete from HD, be sure you keep game saves. Run from disc, reinstall.
Is it doing this with any other games?