PDA

View Full Version : Just had my first "proper" game with the LA7

FOZ_1983
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Just played online with DAZZ1971 in a dogfight using the LA7......

Its the first time i've ever used it outside of the campaign/single missions or just a general mess about online.

All i can say is "BAH"

What is this all about? You can make a P51/P47/FW190 so bad and shocking to use, yet you make the LA7 an absolute gem of a plane. I know it was good during the war, it was up their with the spitfire and the mustang as icons and great fighters.

But c'mon really. Its ridiculous in comparison to the other planes in this game. It handles so well, and just makes mince meat of anything else it goes up against. I now understand what the gripe is you all have regarding this plane. Its the devils work i tell you!! :evil:

Would be nice to see if any pilots out their who use this crate are actually any good in anything else :P

I must say though, while playing with DAZZ1971 we couldnt believe how easy it was to use. Its roll rate, its turning ability, its speed, its armament (granted only 2 cannons but damn powerful!!!).

Nice plane,yet at the same time... ridiculous.

Bet soviet ace loves this :P haha. :rolleyes:

dazz1971
10-20-2009, 03:55 PM
hmmm russian plane russian developers ??? maybe its been tweeked a little better than most ? ;);)

but yeah i had it 3 clicks from full on the settings and i couldnt stall it no matter what and only got into one unrecoverable spin but think that might have been down to FOZ shooting the crud out of my plane lol :grin:

its just a shame some of the other planes dont fly like they should becuse it is holding this game back imho ?

but when all is said and done i must confess to having used the la7 in larger games to great use :grin:

MorgothNL
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
totaly agree.. :(
its just sad to see how the LA-7 is just way better than everything else out these. And how the 109 are the opposite. A bit more balance would have done wonders for the online experience.
(I know a plane is how it is, but it is not like they are moddelled to the real thing either)

FOZ_1983
10-20-2009, 04:03 PM
your both right. Its wierd!!

For example, if someone was to say "spitfire" then you'd probably reply "109" because throughout the years we've all come to know the classic immense dogfights between the spitfire and the 109. They were epic and both planes were on a level playing field practically (1940). Yet in this game.... they seem so far apart. I just struggle to understand some elements of this game i really do.

As much as i hate the 109... i have to respect it for what it did and how it flew and for the amazing piece of machinery it was.

Played another game with DAZZ1971 earlier also, 3 player dogfight. Me dazz and some guy called ben(?) ben chose the 190, much to mine and dazz's shock. Needless to say he crashed one while a good 5 miles from the fight, he just couldnt control it. We should of been scared of that plane, tried to avoid it. As it was i was making a point of going for the 190, easy kill lol.

Everything aside, its a great game and i hope as well as "improving" some planes in the patch but it also "worsens" some of them to. "cough" LA7 "cough" :P