PDA

View Full Version : What Airfields Have You Found?

GabeFan
10-16-2009, 02:12 AM
What airfields in the different locations have you found...

Dover:
Hawkinge
Lympne
Also the big airfield on the upper east side of map (can't remember name).

Etna – Sicily:
A nice tarmac airfield is located on the coast just South of Catania.

Stalingrad:
Airfield is located just Southeast of Gumrak. Grass strip not easy to spot.

Thought we could make a list. Please list more that anyone finds...

FOZ_1983
10-16-2009, 02:28 AM
What airfields in the different locations have you found...

Dover:
Hawkinge
Lympne
Also the big airfield on the upper east side of map (can't remember name). - Manston

Etna – Sicily:
A nice tarmac airfield is located on the coast just South of Catania.

Stalingrad:
Airfield is located just Southeast of Gumrak. Grass strip not easy to spot.

Thought we could make a list. Please list more that anyone finds...

Also, depending on game mode all the airfields in the relevant area will be marked on the map :)

could be wrong though....

GabeFan
10-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Also, depending on game mode all the airfields in the relevant area will be marked on the map :)

could be wrong though....

Would that be in CTA online? I rarely play online, so maybe I should check. Thanks...

FOZ_1983
10-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Would that be in CTA online? I rarely play online, so maybe I should check. Thanks...

Sort of.

For example... CTA if you play on the english maps (dover) theirs 2 maps...

one where both temas have to capture one airfield between them (manston) and the other where theirs two airfields (hawkinge, lympne) and try and see who can hold theirs, or both the longest.

With dogfight and TDM theirs no option to rearm or refuel, so while the airfields are on the map, thye are not highlighted, so the only way to find them is if you know where they are. Strike... they are not lit up either.

I think the only way to actually have them highlighted on the map is via single player missions (training) or just through campaign.

The airfields in dover and sicily berlin are nice, easy to spot, long and good to land on. But stalingrad and the russian levels... wow! they are hard to spot, and even worse to land on haha.