PDA

View Full Version : Where are airports in Dover ??

Benrizz
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Well may be I'm bit lazy, but I know that some of you know very well where the airports /airstrips in Dover are.

I roamed for about 3/4H in my High Speed ME163 to find them and I wasn't able to do it. :evil: and I really have to pratice my landing skills.. if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

So... if someone could take a snapshot of the map and draw redcrosses where airstrips are, it would be very helpful And you will have all my "gratitude" and the one of allt the community I guess :eek:

Thanks a lot :-P

Tudorp15
10-12-2009, 04:05 PM
The big one is at the top in that little pan handle.. If ya get in that area in the pan handle near the water and look west, you can't miss it..

FOZ_1983
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
there's 3 in the dover area.

Manston, Hawking, Lympne

Manston is to the north on the coast and easy to spot, it has a huge runway that is tarmac so easy to spot and long enough for even a rookie to land on :D

Hawkinge is just south of manston, past the port of dover, look on your map for "hawkinge" its just below that. This is a grass strip and fairly easy to spot compared to all the fields around it etc. It has 2 grass strips, one from north to south, the other west to east.

Lympne is further south of Hawkinge, and not so much on the coast but further inland. Its the same type of strip as Hawkinge. Grass etc. Fairly easy to spot once your close enough :)

All in all the airfields in england are easy to see. The hard ones are in russia!! stalingrad etc...a nightmare i find lol.

mattd27
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM
lol that's true, I hate playing CTA in stalingrad, I always think I'm at an airfield but it just turns out to be a large farm. :P

Ancient Seraph
10-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Since you're a respected member of the community, I won't throw it in your face too hard..
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

J.K. :P. Here you go (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10064&highlight=map+airfields).

Benrizz
10-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Oups... :rolleyes:

Thks anayway. May be you could add this link to your beginner's guide.

Ancient Seraph
10-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Myeah.. why not :P. Consider it done.