PDA

View Full Version : BF109 Fans -- Check this out!

DoraNine
10-11-2009, 04:22 AM
Here's a few pictures of my latest bird -- Hartmann's famous "Black Tulip" painted 109. I just the thing assembled this morning -- but it has been too windy to maiden. Maybe tomorrow will be a little calmer, and I'll be able to put it in the air. Everything but the transmitter came with this kit -- even the battery and charger -- a great deal. As you can see, Parkzone (manufacturer) really did their homework on this. The thing is heavy on the scale details -- right out of the box.:grin:

Ju-87
10-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Looks great. Do you think it's possible to land it without the landing gear?

guiltyspark
10-11-2009, 04:26 AM
lucky , dont have any money for a new plane right now

but thats the one i will get

guiltyspark
10-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Looks great. Do you think it's possible to land it without the landing gear?

ya you can take the landing gear off and belly land

mattmanB182
10-11-2009, 04:50 AM
WOW that thing is amazing! Sux to be poor like me! And also have no experience with R/C airplanes.

That would definatly be the one for me though!! I love it!

ummmmm...how you gonna mount the 30mm?

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
10-11-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm thinking about buying my first R/C plane, but I'm not even sure were I should start... Anyone here point me in the right direction? thx.

BeaverCompany01
10-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Hobbyzone Supercub should be your first plane. Accept no substitutes!

Hrok81
10-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Great plane Dora!
I'd love to see a video of its first flight:)

mattd27
10-11-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm thinking about buying my first R/C plane, but I'm not even sure were I should start... Anyone here point me in the right direction? thx.
Look up a hobbystore near you, if they carry RC planes they will most likely know a good deal about them and can help you pick one. Even better, see if you have an RC club in your area, those guys have been doing it for years, and are the best people to get advice from. ;)
Great plane Dora!
I'd love to see a video of its first flight:)

Yeah, same here. I wonder if DoraNine has a camera. :)

DoraNine
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Hobbyzone Supercub should be your first plane. Accept no substitutes!

I could not agree more! This is the plane I learned on -- my wife learned on, my dad, and three of my friends. I taught them to fly using the "Trainer" (linked radios), where I would just take over for them when they got into trouble. They really didn't need it -- this plane is so docile and predictable -- and wants to climb naturally. The first picture I've attached is the Super Cub -- pretty beat up looking -- but I've shown alot of people how to fly with it. The thing is practically indestructable. If you get one -- I would recommend disabling the safety device that is supposed to keep the plane level if you start to dive or fly erratically -- this actually makes the plane harder to fly (my 2 cents worth). This plane is about 7 or 8 years old, with over a hundred flights on it. It and the PZ FW190 (you might be able to see it in the second picture) are the only two planes I have that have brushed motors.

DoraNine
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Look up a hobbystore near you, if they carry RC planes they will most likely know a good deal about them and can help you pick one. Even better, see if you have an RC club in your area, those guys have been doing it for years, and are the best people to get advice from. ;)

I totally agree!!:grin:

Yeah, same here. I wonder if DoraNine has a camera. :)

Yeah -- I have one, but my wife can never track the plane for some reason. I usually get back to the house and upload the videos and its mostly clouds, trees, a few birds, and an occasional shot of the plane...:(

Hrok81
10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah -- I have one, but my wife can never track the plane for some reason. I usually get back to the house and upload the videos and its mostly clouds, trees, a few birds, and an occasional shot of the plane...:(

Np Dora, I have not much experience in cameras but I'm pretty sure that tracking a flying plane is not exactly an easy task ^_^

InfiniteStates
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Maybe you're flying too near to clothes shops...? ;)

DoraNine
10-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Gents,
Finally had a chance to get this bird in the air today for the first time:grin: My wife did her best to take a few pics of the occasion. This machine is the easiest flying low wing plane that I have -- without question. What's really cool about this bird, is that like alot of RC planes -- it has inherited the habits of the real aircraft. Definitely has the tendency to torque-roll at take off (just like the real one) -- and it must be landed a little bit "hot" -- or it will want to tip stall. The three-bladed prop is a great scale item that really enhances the appearance -- but it also acts as a brake when you are bringing it in to land. I "dead stick" the majority of my landings with no problems (to avoid prop strikes) -- but you definitely need to carry a little speed when bringing this thing in. The other cool thing about the stock configuration is that it behaves like a true "E" fighter -- in that it doesn't have the tightest turn in the world -- but really climbs out well, and can really make good speed at level flight and naturally in a dive. You'll have to forgive the photography -- my wife had a hard time keeping up with it:o

It also handles the wind quite well!!:-)

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
10-12-2009, 11:00 PM
very very nice. I really need to get myself one of these :evil:

Soviet Ace
10-13-2009, 12:18 AM
I used to fly RC planes. But then money got short, and I had to give up the hobby. But lucky for me, I came across this (Click (http://www.redstarrc.com/Yak-3.html)) I've already ordered it, and should be here within the next week or so?

mattd27
10-13-2009, 12:24 AM
I used to fly RC planes. But then money got short, and I had to give up the hobby. But lucky for me, I came across this (Click (http://www.redstarrc.com/Yak-3.html)) I've already ordered it, and should be here within the next week or so?

Looks cool. Love to see some pics of her in action. ;)

I must admit, when I saw you as the last post in the thread my first thought was "let me guess, he's probably got an RC yak-3". :P

DoraNine
10-13-2009, 12:58 AM
I must admit, when I saw you as the last post in the thread my first thought was "let me guess, he's probably got an RC yak-3". :P[/QUOTE]

LOL -- either you're psychic, or he's predictable;)

Looks like a cool kit -- but you are really going to have your work cut out for you!! I know guys who spend months to a year putting those kinds of kits together. I guess the construction process is part of the fun. I wouldn't mind taking something like that on -- but I've seen guys spend a year building and crafting a plane -- only to wreck it on the maiden. An acquaintance of mine spent more than a year building a B-25 Mitchell -- and one the engines (nitro) failed about 2 minutes into the maiden. The guy is an outstanding pilot -- but he couldn't get it down in one piece. I wish you luck with that -- definitely send some progress pics so that we can see it going together:eek:

mattd27
10-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Hey I've thought of a question. Is it possible to mount a small camera inside of the cockpit? That would be pretty epic to get a cockpit view of an RC flight. But can you actually open and close the cockpit easily?

I've always wanted to get into RC planes, I live right next to an old airfield, so I've got the perfect location. :) I'm just really not sure I have the money, and maybe not the time either depending how long you need to sink into it.

DoraNine
10-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Hey I've thought of a question. Is it possible to mount a small camera inside of the cockpit? That would be pretty epic to get a cockpit view of an RC flight. But can you actually open and close the cockpit easily?

You could probably fit a camera into the cockpit on this plane -- as its fairly large. I've got some friends who've mounted cameras on planes -- but not in the cockpit. The cockpit view would be cool:cool:

I've always wanted to get into RC planes, I live right next to an old airfield, so I've got the perfect location. :) I'm just really not sure I have the money, and maybe not the time either depending how long you need to sink into it.

Just breaking into it doesn't have to be all that expensive. Most people are tempted to run out and get a warbird or other low wing type of plane because they look cool -- but are a poor choice to learn on. You can get a Hobbyzone Super Cub for about $150 -- that comes with everything you need to fly right out of the box. Its how I learned -- then I went and got a Parkzone FW 190 when I was comfortable. Once you've stuck your first landing -- you will be hooked. I've got lots of RC toys for the ground, electric and Nitro, but nothing compares to low fly-bys with a warbird. :-)

Soviet Ace
10-13-2009, 01:43 AM
I must admit, when I saw you as the last post in the thread my first thought was "let me guess, he's probably got an RC yak-3". :P

LOL -- either you're psychic, or he's predictable;)

Looks like a cool kit -- but you are really going to have your work cut out for you!! I know guys who spend months to a year putting those kinds of kits together. I guess the construction process is part of the fun. I wouldn't mind taking something like that on -- but I've seen guys spend a year building and crafting a plane -- only to wreck it on the maiden. An acquaintance of mine spent more than a year building a B-25 Mitchell -- and one the engines (nitro) failed about 2 minutes into the maiden. The guy is an outstanding pilot -- but he couldn't get it down in one piece. I wish you luck with that -- definitely send some progress pics so that we can see it going together:eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is something you have to worry about when getting a kit like that one. But I've had my fare share of crashes with this type of kit; and I've had my fare share of beautiful landings.

Hopefully with this, it will be a beautiful landing. :D :cool:

mattmanB182
10-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Oh the wonders of having money......really nice kit dude.