PDA

View Full Version : patch 2.2.1 exit

mitra
10-09-2009, 04:30 PM
The size of the patch to the Russian version in compressed form: 11,224,476 bytes in 1 file.
For the English version in compressed form: 11,306,068 bytes in 2 files.
Update 2.2.1 (September 2009)
List of fixes, additions and improvements.
The errors and inaccuracies:
- Fixed a rare departure from the game, the error was in the mechanism determining the direction of the unit;
- Fixed some animations for the horses;
- Reduced rate samosvecheniya for material tiles, fix some old maps, which was badly marred the landscape;
- Fixed some not true path to normal map and texture, removed the defects on some boards and units;
- Fixed error in the smoothing of the picture (AA modes);
- Fixed some artifacts on the landscape when the anisotropic mode;
Added new content and features:
- Three new factions for multiplayer gaming: "Sweden", "Lithuania", "Florence";
- Added ability to save replays, maps, and replay the battle received by a generator maps
- Added an additional mode of control bright, saturate, contrast with manual control through the RGB, for post-processing the final image, while used only in two new patterns of light;
- Added two new templates lighting, generator until they were used;
Optimizations and improvements:
- Implemented a new mechanism for smooth transitions between animations each other, removed the existing artifacts sharp animated switching;
- Fixed a bug cut invisible sides of polygons included in the shadows, gave a marked increase in the weak video cards;
- Further optimized some parts of code responsible for loading and for the animation;
- Cut the old regime of post-processing is not used in the game, freeing additional space in video memory;

mitra
10-10-2009, 09:50 AM
The damned Steam will make the updating next week for our version and he block that automatic made from the game server.

mitra
10-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Nike why the game is still not downloadable from 1C website? You know when steam will release the patch? We are blocked for multiplayer.

ps_matt
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Will this patch become available outside of Steam and Unicorn's autoupdater for the russian version?

Besides, I tried to fix some translation errors in your changelog, based on the one posted at 13century.com. I hope my version is more understandable:
- Fixed a rare crash, the error was in the mechanism determining the direction of the unit;
- Reduced self-luminescence rate for material tiles, fixed some old maps, which badly marred the landscape;
- Fixed some inaccurate paths to normal map and texture, removed the defects on some boards and units;

- Added ability to save replays, maps, and replay the battles with a map generator;
- Added an additional mode of control for brightness, saturate, contrast with manual control through the RGB, for post-processing the final image, while used only in two new patterns of light;
- Added two new modes of illumination, map generator did not use them until now.

- Implemented a new mechanism for smooth transitions between animations, removed the existing artifacts sharp animated switching;
- Fixed a bug which cut invisible sides of polygons included in the shadows, gives a noticeable boost on weak video cards;
- Further optimized some parts of code responsible for loading and for the animation;
- Cut the old regime of post-processing which is not used in the game, freeing additional space in video memory;

mitra
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Will this patch become available outside of Steam and Unicorn's autoupdater for the russian version?

Besides, I tried to fix some translation errors in your changelog, based on the one posted at 13century.com. I hope my version is more understandable:
- Fixed a rare crash, the error was in the mechanism determining the direction of the unit;
- Reduced self-luminescence rate for material tiles, fixed some old maps, which badly marred the landscape;
- Fixed some inaccurate paths to normal map and texture, removed the defects on some boards and units;

- Added ability to save replays, maps, and replay the battles with a map generator;
- Added an additional mode of control for brightness, saturate, contrast with manual control through the RGB, for post-processing the final image, while used only in two new patterns of light;
- Added two new modes of illumination, map generator did not use them until now.

- Implemented a new mechanism for smooth transitions between animations, removed the existing artifacts sharp animated switching;
- Fixed a bug which cut invisible sides of polygons included in the shadows, gives a noticeable boost on weak video cards;
- Cut the old regime of post-processing which is not used in the game, freeing additional space in video memory;

Thanks Matt :grin:

mitra
10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks Matt :grin:

Game patch links:

http://13century.com/game/patch/2.2.1/shell.2.2.1.zip
http://13century.com/game/patch/2.2.1/en.2.2.1.zip

The secondo file is for english translation. Is not a autoinstall file but you must unpack and copy in the game directory.

The automatic update from the game server don't work because the update.exe file is not present in the steam version of game.

ps_matt
10-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Game patch links:

http://13century.com/game/patch/2.2.1/shell.2.2.1.zip
http://13century.com/game/patch/2.2.1/en.2.2.1.zip

The secondo file is for english translation. Is not a autoinstall file but you must unpack and copy in the game directory.

The automatic update from the game server don't work because the update.exe file is not present in the steam version of game.

I'll have a look at it. Is this patch for Steam installs only or will it work - for instance - with GamersGate version? Gamersgate patches usually come as patch.exe's and Steam uses their own patch mechanism. I see if I can add it to our servers, if that's okay with 1C, but I need to know to which releases this patch applies, at the least.

mitra
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
With steam version works (more: using this manual patch, the game become "steam-indipendent"). I suppose also for gamersgate version, if she are still not updated from the start to 2.2.1.

ps_matt
10-13-2009, 12:44 PM
I asked GamersGate, it "should work".

mitra
10-13-2009, 01:31 PM
I asked GamersGate, it "should work".

What are the servers you speak?

ps_matt
10-13-2009, 03:26 PM
What are the servers you speak?

Well, I am thinking of mirroring the patch on my own website - one more patch can't hurt. ;)

mitra
10-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, I am thinking of mirroring the patch on my own website - one more patch can't hurt. ;)

Site address?

ps_matt
10-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Site address?

Well, this one (http://www.patches-scrolls.de/xiii_century_blood_of_europe.php#221d) :-)

mitra
10-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Here the autoinstall english patch:

http://13century.com/files/xiii.bloodofeurope.patch.2.2.1.exe