PDA

View Full Version : What's with other players turbo speed

baldwin8
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I went online today and joined a quick match and noticed several other players zipping around the air as if like spaceships. I seen this on a few other online games and wondering what is up with all this. I'm not into special controllers and have not idea what causes that. Anyone else experience this? I knew I couldn't compete with that so I left.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

MorgothNL
10-06-2009, 01:16 AM
I went online today and joined a quick match and noticed several other players zipping around the air as if like spaceships. I seen this on a few other online games and wondering what is up with all this. I'm not into special controllers and have not idea what causes that. Anyone else experience this? I knew I couldn't compete with that so I left.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Are we talking about arcade difficulty? because then...yes.. you can fly as fast as a space ship

Robotic Pope
10-06-2009, 01:19 AM
That sounds like a bad case of Lag. Nothing you can do but quit in those circumstances.

baldwin8
10-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Well it was arcade, which I have played a number of times online, but in this session it was beyond arcade setting.

MorgothNL
10-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Well it was arcade, which I have played a number of times online, but in this session it was beyond arcade setting.

In arcade, if you put full WEP non stop, you will go something like 1500kp/h. So if you were flying at normal speeds (500kp/h), it might have seemed beyond arcade..

But since I dont know exactly what you saw, it could also be lag, but I suppose you know what lag looks like, and what a fast plane looks like ;).
So if it wasnt lag, is prob just was a really fast plane :rolleyes:

trk29
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Might have been lag I saw this lastnight in a match with 16 people in it.

InfiniteStates
10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
In my experience, very few hosts can handle games bigger than 8 or 10 players. Now and then someone can handle 12, but they're rare.

If I join a 16 player game and it launches full, I know I'm in for an impossible to play lagfest until at least half the players quit or get disconnected.

And if it's a strike or CTA game then it's highly probable that several people are going to be continuously spawn-crashing too, until enough players leave for the network to stabilise.

Lexandro
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
If your on LIVE check out any games I host. I got 10mb cable connection hardwired to the 360. I can handle 32/64 people games with my PC easily, 16 on 360 is a piece of cake by comparison.

SL83
10-06-2009, 04:59 PM
If your on LIVE check out any games I host. I got 10mb cable connection hardwired to the 360. I can handle 32/64 people games with my PC easily, 16 on 360 is a piece of cake by comparison.

That really depends on the bandwidth requirements of the game. Also your downstream might be 10mb but what is your upstream?

Iffy
10-06-2009, 05:12 PM
That really depends on the bandwidth requirements of the game. Also your downstream might be 10mb but what is your upstream?

Also it is latency that matters.
Each player is only 5-15kb up/down a second so anyone with a 2mb line could in theory host as well as someone on 20mb.
In practice the 20mb line has likely a much lower latency.

It really depends though, someone in the US hosting a game for a bunch of people in the UK will have problems and vice versa. A mainly UK game hosted by someone in the UK with the odd overseas player will function far better. Regardless of the speed.