PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Release Date?

Mack the Knife
10-06-2009, 01:10 AM
The game will be available at North American retail outlets and for digital download this fall.
usually no news is good news but not in this case. the web site hasn't been updated since june. can anyone give any finer granularity to this fall??

razputin
10-06-2009, 10:33 AM
30th October 2009

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/men-of-war-red-tide/overview

Mack the Knife
10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.crimeshots.com/forums/images/smilies/woohoo.gif

thanks my friend...(Doh! why didn't i think to check their web site ...oh well)

Nokturnal
10-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Just keep in mind that their site also said September 30th, early October and was just "Q3 2009" originally.

I don't like it when they keep pushing back a game bit by bit, i wouldn't mind if they just said "No chance of it being released before X". Then i can not worry until X comes along.
But when it changes every week or so we have to constantly check, and with most sites giving different dates it's just easier to ignore the game completely until someone says "oh by the way, it's officially released"
/rant

But anyway, it's out in Russia already, or so i'm told. That's usually a good sign it'll be released elsewhere soon.

Mack the Knife
10-07-2009, 02:14 AM
wow, there are a few folks on this forum...thanks guys...

also, has anyone in the US pre-ordered the game on DVD/CD? i haven't seen it on amazon yet. when do games usually show up at places like amazon, anyone know? 1, 2 weeks before release date? month? i guess i'm asking if amazon is going to sell it should they already have it listed for pre-order? thanks...

Nokturnal
10-07-2009, 04:55 AM
I was a bit late to the MoW launch party, so i don't even know if they had a pre-order available for the original. Though i'd say you should be able to purchase it online,at metaboli for example, as soon as it's officially released.
Shouldn't take too long to get to local stores or places such as Amazon either. (for a boxed game rather than downloading it)

I doubt they would make anyone wait weeks or months to buy it with other methods. It might not be as widely known as some other RTS titles, but those of us that do know it are very eagerly waiting to play it.

Boyarpunk
10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I can't wait for Red Tide, either...but if a delayed release means the devs are ironing out bugs, than I'm okay with waiting a little longer.

Remember, MoW was pushed and pushed and pushed back but the finished product was refreshingly glitch-free....at least for me, anyway.

Divebomb
10-16-2009, 01:14 PM
I was a bit late to the MoW launch party, so i don't even know if they had a pre-order available for the original. Though i'd say you should be able to purchase it online,at metaboli for example, as soon as it's officially released.
Shouldn't take too long to get to local stores or places such as Amazon either. (for a boxed game rather than downloading it)

I doubt they would make anyone wait weeks or months to buy it with other methods. It might not be as widely known as some other RTS titles, but those of us that do know it are very eagerly waiting to play it.
gamersgate did have pre-orders up for quite a while before Men of War was out. but more recent titles on gamersgate from 1c like death to spies moment of truth has gone up the day before release. so it's impossible to say. fingers crossed for the same thing happening with armored princess and red tide on the 30th.

it looks like the company relationship between 1c and gamersgate/paradox changed a bit in the time between now and then. initially gamersgate had this big exclusive deal on all these awesome games king's bounty, men of war, cryostasis, necrovision and so on. but I think most if not all of these came out on all other download outlets shortly after. or maybe even at the same time in some cases. also it looks like the retail publishing partner 505 has been completely phased out now. so, a lot of changes.

Divebomb
10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MOWRT/men-of-war-red-tide

page is up. no pre-orders yet though

Divebomb
10-27-2009, 07:35 AM
pre-order is now activated. same url as before

Boyarpunk
10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
pre-order is now activated. same url as before

Awesome. Good find! :cool: Can't wait to play as the Black Coats!

Mack the Knife
10-29-2009, 11:12 PM
i bought MoW on DVD but i have a sneaky suspicion red tide may not be available at amazon. i like the DVD so 2 years from now and i get a hair up my ass to play it, i have it to reinstall. what do you guys do if you download it and 6 months from now your drive crashes and you need to reinstall? what if a year from now you want to play it again and you've already removed it from you hard drive? also, i know alot of you bypass RTFM but i like to read it and i can't/won't print a 60 page PDF on my printer and i don't want to alt-tab the game to read it on line. besides, alt-tab does bizarre things with MoW!.

so first, does anyone know if it's coming out on DVD and second, if anyone is bored tell me digital downloading will be painless in all respects mentioned above....thanks!! http://www.crf2.com/images/smilies/groucho.gif

Divebomb
10-30-2009, 12:46 AM
that's a great fake scenario. but whatever. it's up now for downloaders

I'm excited

doesn't look like there is a retail version coming any time soon, no.

Hutzmann
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Why is the distribution in europe so bad? Men of War failed in Germany a year ago because of this.

The Downloadsector is not the best way for promoting a good game. You can offer it for more people at the same time, but it seems you still will not do that :mad:.

BTW Where can i find the LAN Modus in Red Tide?

Divebomb
10-30-2009, 07:27 PM
is there a lan mode at all?

Mack the Knife
10-30-2009, 10:50 PM
that's a great fake scenario
i have no idea what you mean, probably a translation thing.

anyway, has anyone downloaded it? playing it? is the gamersgate download the actual game in full (i've never used gamersgate)? why are so few people interested in this expansion? there's no talk at the MoW forum about "hey everyone red tide is out! let's go get it!" there's just 4-5 people here "talking" about it. is anyone playing it?

Manic_Mechanic
10-30-2009, 11:17 PM
I've just downloaded it this morning.

Gamersgate gives you the option to keep the temporary files it uses to install the game so you can install it again at a later date with out connecting to the Gamersgate server.

As for playing it, I've only completed the first mission. I've spent most of the day editing .pak files so I can use the new units in the editor along with the units from the base game.

Mack the Knife
10-30-2009, 11:48 PM
thanks Manic_Mechanic...if you're still around or come back tell me something. why does it seem like digital downloading the full game has got hooks in it and not as straight forward as just downloading a file (like a demo)? does it require downloading software that i have to install? does it come as a complete file i can just archive to CD to install it on my new system when i get it? i guess not if i have to keep some temp files around to reinstall. so i guess it doesn't come as an .exe or .rar or .zip? that's why i want the box version, simple. all i hear from people on forums is hoops they jump thru to get digital downloads in the first place, then they don't have/can't find activation keys if required, patches are weird, blah blah blah. tell me my friend, i've never used gamersgate and i don't want a friggin hassle just to get this game. is it pretty straight forward or am i going to fight this all the way? thanks....

Manic_Mechanic
10-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Because I don't live near any brick and mortar game stores I do alot of direct downloading. A lot of the horror stories you hear are true. For example, Steam is pure evil. A lot of places do make you install programs to install their games.

But getting Men of War Red Tide from gamersgate was easily the best experience I've had with downloading a game. The file you download from gamersgate is an application which downloads the "temporary files". However, what they call "temporary files" is pretty much just an unpacked .exe which installs the game on your pc, so if you keep that you can run it any time.

Because its an unpacked .exe, its pretty big. 2.1 Gigs to be precise. Me, I just burned that to a DVD+RW, and presto, instant back up disc.

Manic_Mechanic
10-31-2009, 12:39 AM
:confused:
uhm..... never mind... I think. I tryed to use the temporary files to launch the installer again and all I got was a missing dll message.

When I tried the "Download Men of War Red Tide.app" instead it did launch the download of the temporary files, so I guess the trick is just to keep that backed up somewhere if you need to reinstall the game. Good thing the dvd I burned the temporary files to is a rewriteable......:oops:

donjas
10-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello guys! those of who you who have bought it. Could you give your own review, I can find only a single review for this game.

Manic_Mechanic
10-31-2009, 02:51 PM
I'd give it a 5 out of 5. I only play single player so this kind of expansion was just what I was looking for.

The missions are just as well designed and as brutally challenging as the campaigns from the base game. Fighting against two entire armies (the Romanians and Italians)which weren't in the original game feels really fresh and unique.

My anti-tank tatics which worked against german panzers were completely useless against the multitude of new Romanian light tanks, with them being much smaller targets combined with their ability to fit between obstacles that the larger panzers would have had to go around or slowly plow their way through. I had to create an entirely new tactical doctrine to deal with these swarming little tanks.

The multitude of new infantry weapons really spices up combat as well. You have the weapons used by the new armies which you can capture along with new weapons for the Soviets.

I highly recommend it, the only downside is that I wish they'd have made it install alongside the base game instead of as a completely seperate program. It's made getting the new units (there's a whole lot of 'em too) in to the base game's editor a bit of a hassle. It's possible, it's just labor intensive.