PDA

View Full Version : Lina's Chargers graphic glitch fix

bucazaurus
10-05-2009, 01:43 PM
This is a fix for the graphic glitch caused by Lina's Chargers after certain numbers of use.
It seems to be related with some attachments in energo_mana and energo_rage atom files so i deleted the effects that cause the problem.
I tested the results and after 50+ turns of combat i can safely say that from now on there won't be any more graphic glitches on the battlefield . So have fun playing.

loreangelicus
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks for this!

Going for a no-casualty run, I tend to rely on the Inquisitors-Chargers-Resurrect combo to take out Overpowering enemies.

Not being able to see where the mana and rage balls go is a real bummer, to say the least. :grin:

I did have some success by bringing down all graphics settings from high to normal, as well as disabling anti-aliasing. If ever the problem comes up again, I will try the fix you provided.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-08-2009, 01:56 AM
I opened this thinking it would help with the spirits mod (where Lina doesn't appear) but realise it wont as you are referring to AFTER she has been summoned, which I have not been able to do using the "spirit" mod. Never tried a mod like that before, just makes it stupidly easy basically (which I was enjoying) untill it starts screwing up the graphics

DELETED lol

loreangelicus
10-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Alas, changing the settings to "normal" or even "low" still doesn't fix the invisible chargers in long battles...

Errr.... dumb question, but where exactly do I copy these *.atom files to?

I don't use mods, but I just want the Chargers fixed.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Alas, changing the settings to "normal" or even "low" still doesn't fix the invisible chargers in long battles...

Errr.... dumb question, but where exactly do I copy these *.atom files to?

I don't use mods, but I just want the Chargers fixed.

Not dumb at all, I have no idea also :-P

bucazaurus
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
All files go to mods folder.If you don't have one already just create one in data folder.
I attached a picture for better understanding.

loreangelicus
10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I was pretty close then; I copied it over to the "data" folder. :)

I'll create a "mods" folder in the "data" folder and transfer it there.

Thanks! I've been putting up with the invisible Chargers for a long time now; am at Ellinia Day 5 already and the faulty Chargers have been quite frustrating at times. :(

bucazaurus
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
You're welcome. This glitch was the most annoying bug in king's Bounty in my opinion .Thanks god is over :) Have fun .

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM
You're welcome. This glitch was the most annoying bug in king's Bounty in my opinion .Thanks god is over :) Have fun .

Will this solve the problem of Lina not appearing at all? That's was my issue when I was using the "enhanced spirit" mod. You select Lina and nothing happens.

bucazaurus
10-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I never encounter the problem you describe so i don't know the answer.Delete the "enhanced spirit mod" and see if it solves the problem.

loreangelicus
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Bucazaurus, sorry to inform you, but after 80+ turns in one of the battles I fought, the Chargers started coming out as invisible again...

I created a "mods" folder and copied the two *.atom files to:

C:\Program Files\1C Company\King's Bounty\data\mods

I really want to get this glitch fixed as Chargers are the only way of killing off an all-dragon enemy group. Any way I could help debug this? I am a decent programmer, and would be willing to help if you could direct me to the correct links on how to create mods and how to understand KBTL's codes.

Please start by explaining what codes you changed in the two *.atom files, and why.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I never encounter the problem you describe so i don't know the answer.Delete the "enhanced spirit mod" and see if it solves the problem.

It did mate, only compatible with 1.62b7 or whatever it is :)

bucazaurus
10-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Kings Bounty Hunter i am really gald you solved the problem.Good job.

loreangelicus i did some long battles after using the charger fix (one of them was against Karador and took over 145 turns) and never again had the problems with chargers. I can show you what i did.
This is the original file for energo_mana.atom

main {
class=pawn
apass=0
nodimming=true
model=polyemit.bma
spawnscale=0.6
}
editor {
align=grid/0/0/0.1/0.1
spawnangle=0:1:360
angle=0:1:360
spawnscale=0.6
scale=0.1:2
}
arena_params {
hitpoint=5
takedmg=0
defense=3
realdeath=1
attacks=
resistances {
physical=1
poison=1
magic=1
fire=1
}
script_data {
ap=1
}
}
animations {
appear=polyemit_energo_appear.bsa/fr:60:120
idle=polyemit_energo_idle.bsa/fr:25:50
disappear=polyemit_energo_disappear.bsa/fr:25:50
death=polyemit_energo_disappear.bsa/fr:25:50
}
scripts {
idle=default_idle
pl_bonus=enbox_bonus
subturn_modificators=enbox_modificators
}
attachments {
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=0
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/-0/0/1.10000002
animation=idle
file=energo_mana_ball.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/-0/0/3
animation=appear
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/-0/0/3
animation=disappear
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=2
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=1
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=3
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=4
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=5
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=6
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=7
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
slot=8
}
1 {
particle {
trans=0/0.1/0/0/-0/0/1.20000005
animation=idle
file=energo_mball_shadow.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/1.25/0/0/-0/0/1.5
animation=appear
frame=55/80
restart=true
file=energo_mana_accum.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/1.25/0/0/-0/0/1.10000002
animation=disappear
frame=0/10
restart=true
file=energo_mana_exhaust.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/2/0/0/-0/0/0.60000002
animation=appear
frame=22/55
file=energo_mana_beam.ptb
}
}
1 {
sound {
animation=appear
frame=0.01
file=energo_mana_appear
fadetime=60
}
sound {
animation=disappear
frame=0.01
file=energo_mana_disappear
fadetime=60
}
}
}

All i did was to simply delete the part highlighted in red ,since it seems those lines are responsible for the chargers disappearance.

PS : I forgot to mention. I did the same thing to energo_rage.atom file . :)

loreangelicus
10-10-2009, 02:21 PM
My copy is a digital download from Gamer's Gate, patched to version 1.7 since that is what the said site has for the game.

No good on the mod, I even tried to remove the following codes from just the mana file:

animations {
appear=polyemit_energo_appear.bsa/fr:60:120
idle=polyemit_energo_idle.bsa/fr:25:50
disappear=polyemit_energo_disappear.bsa/fr:25:50
death=polyemit_energo_disappear.bsa/fr:25:50
}
slot=0
}
0 {
particle {
trans=0.1/0/0/0/-0/0/1.5
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/-0/0/1.10000002
animation=idle
file=energo_mana_ball.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/-0/0/3
animation=appear
file=energo_mana.ptb
}
particle {
trans=0/-0/0/3
animation=disappear
file=energo_mana.ptb
}

I did this so that I could see if the mods are working for my version at all, see if I could "break" the animation for the mana balls and still keep the rage balls intact. No luck, both balls showed up fine in the initial casting (which I'm sure would eventually become invisible for long battles).

Anyways, my battle tactics are getting pretty good in that I rarely get into battles that require more than 40 turns. The only problematic battles would be an all-dragon enemy, so if the Chargers start turning invisible on those battles I would need to blindly hunt for them, making those battles even longer...

bucazaurus
10-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I did a test game going beyond turn 200 to check if the problem persist but everything worked fine . (200 turns was reported to be the longest battle made in KB.)
I attached 2 screenshoots with turn 207 and 208 and you can see both mana and rage balls are visible here. So i really don't know what to say.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-10-2009, 08:12 PM
You guys have to much time ha ha 40 and 200 turns!

I try to win in less thatn 5 turns at the moment

loreangelicus
10-10-2009, 08:43 PM
I did a test game going beyond turn 200 to check if the problem persist but everything worked fine . (200 turns was reported to be the longest battle made in KB.)
I attached 2 screenshoots with turn 207 and 208 and you can see both mana and rage balls are visible here. So i really don't know what to say.

It's ok, I'm sure your mod works, but maybe it only works for a particular version, or a particular patch. I did start encountering the problem at around turn 80+ instead of the usual turn 45+, so I'm actually keeping your mods in the mods folder, just in case it's helping out somewhat. :)

You guys have to much time ha ha 40 and 200 turns!

I try to win in less thatn 5 turns at the moment

Hehe... I'm using the paladin, so no double-cast for me. I'm also doing a no-casualties/Day 7 run, so regenerating mana after battle is not an option.

I'm also trying to see if I could finish the game with all of my rage spirits at level 30, so I try as much as possible to end battles with max rage as well, in preparation for the next battle.