PDA

View Full Version : Tactics Treatise - raise morale?

Shadowdrake
09-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I recently acquired the Tactics Treatise which gives 10% to battle exp. However, the morale began falling immediately and I have no clue how to raise it - the info merely states that "the Treatise becomes disagreeable, when theory becomes practice". Can anyone help with this?

(first post btw, KINGS BOUNTY ROCKS :grin:)

Elwin
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
its impossible actually,

Razorflame
09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
i think the only reason that it decreases morale is, if u don't have MIGHT runes( if i remember correctly)

loreangelicus
09-29-2009, 09:41 PM
What the description means is that the more you use it the more its morale decreases.

The only way to increase its morale is to suppress it. So once its morale drops to zero, suppress it, and it actually jumps up to 70 (good morale) and would stay there for a while.

Then just suppress it again if it drops to zero morale again. This situation is actually good, since this means more XP for you (encounters/enemies don't respawn, and are thus limited).

Elwin
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
well but ... this surpress never worked for me, and i am not the only one ..

loreangelicus
09-30-2009, 02:34 AM
well but ... this surpress never worked for me, and i am not the only one ..

Yes, I have read in other posts about this problem regarding suppression.

But it seems to be fine with my version. Mine is a digital download copy from Gamer's Gate (I'm here in the US), and I patched it up to version 1.7 (which I heard has its own bugs, but no bugs so far for me).

Attached is a screenshot of the Tactics Treatise successfully suppressed to good morale (70). The OP could try it out, see if suppression is not bugged in his copy.

BB Shockwave
09-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Download the lastest patch (1.7). I got the treatise, went down to bad morale after some fights (I think it depends on the strength of the enemy army of how fast it decreases).

I supressed the item (at level 12 mage, not a hard fight - 3 Evil and 1 Friendly gremlins (around 1600 HP ones), only enemy units are about 50-60 Knights who are slow and due to the Arena's shape, you can block their paths so you need to only deal with a few of them at one time.

Morale after that went up to 100 (green color). So not 0.

Elwin
09-30-2009, 09:32 AM
i have 1.7

BB Shockwave
09-30-2009, 10:03 AM
That's weird. So what happens if you suppress the item? Morale stays at 0?

Elwin
09-30-2009, 10:35 AM
yep

Shadowdrake
09-30-2009, 07:43 PM
yep, thanks guys but unfortunately I can't supress it yet and won't be able to for a while.. the army's pretty big for me, I'm level 10 mage

BB Shockwave
10-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I easily supressed it on Level 12, you should be able to on level 10 too. JUst use spells like Slow or summon creatures (Ice Ball, Phoenix, Evil Book) to hold off the 3 points of access where the knights can get to you, and while they are busy there, concentrate on the gremlin towers. I used an (almost) all-undead army (werewolves, vampires, ghosts, skeleton archers, plague zombies).

Shadowdrake
10-01-2009, 06:26 PM
yep thanks for the tip, except the gremlin towers keep frying me with fireball or lightning or turning me into goats :(

BB Shockwave
10-02-2009, 11:15 AM
You can resurrect those losses later. I hope you have invested in the Concentration skill that lets you recover +2 to +6 mana per round? It's a lifesaver here. Or, use the spell Magic Spring. Try to kill those towers, no matter their retaliations - I usually manage to kill one in the first round before it could act, and 1 every other round.

Sheep is a deadly spell, but these Gremlins can only cast it on level 1-2 units. So either do not bring those, or use Dispel.

Razorflame
10-02-2009, 11:21 AM
depends on the difficulty what gremlin towers are i already seen my shamans turned into a sheep and inqi's too

but anyway every gremlin fight should be no casualties so long u have at LEAST 1 friendly gremlin tower;-)

magic spring and resu all and gg gremlins:D

Shadowdrake
10-02-2009, 05:06 PM
You can resurrect those losses later. I hope you have invested in the Concentration skill that lets you recover +2 to +6 mana per round? It's a lifesaver here. Or, use the spell Magic Spring. Try to kill those towers, no matter their retaliations - I usually manage to kill one in the first round before it could act, and 1 every other round.

Sheep is a deadly spell, but these Gremlins can only cast it on level 1-2 units. So either do not bring those, or use Dispel.

thanks! however, the problems is that I only got Resurrection on the Pirate Islands and by then I was out of crystals, so even though I have Order Magic 3 I don't actually have rezzy. I know this is a BIIIGG setback even though I'm only playing on Normal, but yeah I don't feel like restarting now.

Btw, I'd rather not use Dispel because it really isn't worth spending my mana on when I could be crushing them with my offensive spells :( ... but the sheep are a big problem

Razorflame
10-02-2009, 06:30 PM
what's the problem with sheep?

it only last 2-3 turns

and mostly they do it on inqi's or something

just make sure u get a friendly gremlin tower alive to use source of magic and own them ^^

Shadowdrake
10-04-2009, 06:48 PM
well they sheep my archers and stuf but i dont have them anymore and i don't have any more inqis but YAY i supressed it! quite easily actually, luckily they only managed to shoot off a couple of lightnings and fireballs before i julienned the evil grems far away with magic poleaxe as my melee units killed the ones close to me
btw I read up in the stickied Strategy guide on how to use Magic spring, so thx ill try that :d

Razorflame
10-04-2009, 09:49 PM
that's why i made the strat guide:)

i would edit it later on more in detail and a bit more coordinated:)