PDA

View Full Version : Now that the stang is getting fixed how about the fws?

juz1
09-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm grateful to hear the stang is getting fixed, but how about 190s...or do you think they are as they should be? Just wonderin...

cheers, J
________
HERBAL VAPORIZER (http://vaporizer.org/)

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Im sure with the patch alot of issues will be fixed, the 190 amongst them. I find the 190 performs alot like the P51 in some respects so i see no reason why not to fiddle with it a little :)

MorgothNL
09-29-2009, 12:58 PM
This is what a dev said in respondse to a P-51 topic:
So last updates: we have found some issues, that were indeed in the game. Long story how it happend, but it is fixed.
Also, good guess from you, guys, help us to increase performance of P51 - it has full fuel tanks, and this decreased it performance.

I 'hope' that the 'we have found some issues, that were indeed in the game', affected more planes. Because the FW190 is indeed not performing as well as it should be. It aint very bad, but it is not like it was in the PC version, and according to the devs, it should be.

We will just wait and see :). I have high hopes that something will be fixed, that was keeping many boom and zoom planes, from reaching full potential

juz1
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
This is what a dev said in respondse to a P-51 topic:
So last updates: we have found some issues, that were indeed in the game. Long story how it happend, but it is fixed.
Also, good guess from you, guys, help us to increase performance of P51 - it has full fuel tanks, and this decreased it performance.

I 'hope' that the 'we have found some issues, that were indeed in the game', affected more planes. Because the FW190 is indeed not performing as well as it should be. It aint very bad, but it is not like it was in the PC version, and according to the devs, it should be.

We will just wait and see :). I have high hopes that something will be fixed, that was keeping many boom and zoom planes, from reaching full potential

the FWs certainly haven't lived up to real world reputation...
________
BUY MFLB (http://www.vaporshop.com/mflb-vaporizer.html)

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Soo.. the devs put a lot of work into fixing the P-51 and all they get is more bitching about other planes :rolleyes:.

JK ;). I hope eventually all planes will act as they're supposed to, if they don't already. Some adjustments to make B&Z more effective would be nice though.

King Jareth
09-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Will the "improvement" of the black/red out system increase there useability?

juz1
09-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Soo.. the devs put a lot of work into fixing the P-51 and all they get is more bitching about other players :rolleyes:.

JK ;). .

fixed
________
Vapir no2 (http://vapirno2.net)

MorgothNL
09-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Will the "improvement" of the black/red out system increase there useability?

that is a good question :confused:
The boom and zoom planes (such as FW190) are fast, making them more prone to give you a blackout during manouvres. Buton the other hand, your opponents wont be able to twist and turn so heavily either, so you might get a better shot at them. And also, getting a blackout more easily in a FW190, forces you to fly it, as it is supposed to be flow. Not turning! will cause a blackout with high speeds, and will cause you to lose all your much needed energy.

I think it will do some good, just have to be carefull not to dive at your target like a supersonic maniac, would be nice not to get a blackout, so you can avoid the ground :P

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 01:19 PM
it would be good if you could pick a pilot LOL.

Im be taking douglas bader!!! he could pull more "G's" than others because of his lack of legs :D gave him an unfair advantage in a dogfight haha.

I thought the general idea with a FW190 was head on, then pull up and do a half loop, then reapeat as many times as is needed before your target is dead.

The 190 had a superb roll rate and was fairly good ;) in a climb, so after the head on pass the 190 could quickly get back aroudn ready to do it again.

juz1
09-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Im be taking douglas bader!!! he could pull more "G's" than others because of his lack of legs :D gave him an unfair advantage in a dogfight haha.

is that for real? I grew up hearing about people like Bader but never put 2and2 together about his G resistance....you learn something new everyday...
________
Free joomla themes (http://themesfree.org)

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 01:24 PM

I thought the general idea with a FW190 was head on, then pull up and do a half loop, then reapeat as many times as is needed before your target is dead.

The 190 had a superb roll rate and was fairly good ;) in a climb, so after the head on pass the 190 could quickly get back aroudn ready to do it again.

In my opinion head-on is never a safe tactic :rolleyes:. What you describe is B&Z-ish, although I'd try it from the side or behind, most planes don't have cannons there ;). I think Fw was designed for B&Z, but it lacks the speed in-game.

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 01:29 PM
In my opinion head-on is never a safe tactic :rolleyes:. What you describe is B&Z-ish, although I'd try it from the side or behind, most planes don't have cannons there ;). I think Fw was designed for B&Z, but it lacks the speed in-game.

I found the lack of speed with the 190 to be a problem.

Once i unlocked it i took it straight into a dogfight, its a nice looking bird. Went head on, made a pass and fired all the guns. Deadly!!! didnt destroy target though, i then pulled up and went for the half loop to try again (the 190 should do this with ease) only to struggle in the climb and stall.

The 109 i was up against had no problems what so ever.

Boom and zoom isnt my thing though, i find it rather boring. Hence why i dont really use the german planes. I like to get on the 6 of my target :)

InfiniteStates
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Really? I found the opposite to be true. I've spent the last couple of (painful) days unlocking the Ta152 via 100 online kills with the FW series, and I found it to be extremely fast, but turns like a brick. In fact it reminded me more of a jet than a prop plane...

Admittedly I couldn't be bothered with it beyond arcade as it's way too prone to stalling, and speeds are super enhanced in arcade.

Ignore me if you want lol. Arcade is certainly no benchmark to really judge a flight model. FWs stall nearly as much as the P51 in any higher difficulties though.

Doktorwzzerd
09-29-2009, 04:00 PM

If true then how in the world did he work the rudder pedals?

Lexandro
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
If true then how in the world did he work the rudder pedals?

It is true, Douglas Badder lost both legs and still went on to fly and fight. He lost both legs below the knees, iirc from a bad landing with a shot up kite. He had wooden legs fitted and was able to force his weight down enough to work the rudders.

There was an old black and white film about him aswell.