View Full Version : Update on the update

King Jareth
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone
Here are more details for title update

* keyboard support
* P-51 flightmodel changed
* B-17 damage model changed
* separate machine gun and cannons fire with 30% pressed trigger (on default layouts)
* MP balancing: 5 points for air victory, -1 point for death
* Enemies AI and allies AI were improved
* Condition for unlock aircrafts were changed.
* improved sounds for stall
* Landing brakes on fligh stick were fixed
* low lod for aircrafts tuned (to be more visible on SD resolutions)

Date for title update is still to be announced but it is in a final QA.

found here (http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=13)

updated
All unlock conditions are decreased by 80% (i.e. original value divided by 5) except for the B17, "because it's special aircraft for community and we want to stay this aircraft as symbol of MP achievements." The conditions for the B17 have been decreased, but not by as much.
There have been no changes to the types of unlocks, so most unlocks remain MP-only.
found here (http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=63&view=findpost&p=432) (thanks Ancient Seraph and Pavel Kulikov)

Steyr_amr
09-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Thank you very much for this, is it still approximately a month away from being released?

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Thank you very much for this, is it still approximately a month away from being released?

Looking that way :(

InfiniteStates
09-29-2009, 11:50 AM
* Condition for unlock aircrafts were changed.
I hope that includes weapon load-outs too, because it's not the aircraft that are the problem to unlock...

juz1
09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Condition for unlock aircrafts were changed.

details-details-details

please;)
________
MAZDA LANTIS SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_Lantis)

Benrizz
09-29-2009, 11:58 AM
low lod for aircrafts tuned (to be more visible on SD resolutions)
COOOoolll That's just so great :)

Condition for unlock aircrafts were changed. :
Normally it will be possible to unlock planes offline due to problems to access online games (well according to the other forum)

trk29
09-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I like that the guns have been changed.

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I like that the guns have been changed.

Too bad that won't work on the Avi8r though :(.

trk29
09-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Too bad that won't work on the Avi8r though :(.

True didn't even think about the trigger. I don't even use my stick anymore. Maybe I will but I don't think it helps me fly any better.

I guess you will get machine gun fire with button barely pressed and both cannons and machine guns when pressed more?

I also just saw keyboard support. This is cool if they give us features in game to control more aspects of the plane with the keyboard, other than that I don't see why it would be a added feature.

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 12:50 PM
True didn't even think about the trigger. I don't even use my stick anymore. Maybe I will but I don't think it helps me fly any better.

I guess you will get machine gun fire with button barely pressed and both cannons and machine guns when pressed more?

That would make most sense. Used that on my PC joystick as well. Worked perfectly, you could use the machine guns to aim and the cannons to finish the job.

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
That would make most sense. Used that on my PC joystick as well. Worked perfectly, you could use the machine guns to aim and the cannons to finish the job.

My guess would be that one of the many other buttons would be to choose.

Select between, MG/C/BOTH and the trigger will fire your selected choice :D

If they take a good look at the joystick then they will be able to sort something out im sure.

If the joystick didnt implement this then we would be at a huge advantage in the fact that we cant choose between on or the other or both. We would be using up all our ammo when in fact we could do the job with just "said" weapon.

We shouldnt lose out because we have joystick, after all we did pay £40 extra to get one.

I have faith in them though, they will sort it :D

trk29
09-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I am curious to know if the keyboard support is for a wireless/wired keyboard or the keyboard for the controller and if it is for ps3 and xbox.

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 12:57 PM
My guess would be that one of the many other buttons would be to choose.

Select between, MG/C/BOTH and the trigger will fire your selected choice :D

If they take a good look at the joystick then they will be able to sort something out im sure.

If the joystick didnt implement this then we would be at a huge advantage in the fact that we cant choose between on or the other or both. We would be using up all our ammo when in fact we could do the job with just "said" weapon.

We shouldnt lose out because we have joystick, after all we did pay £40 extra to get one.

I have faith in them though, they will sort it :D

Allthough it's a handy feature, I don't think it'll be a huge problem when it can't be applied to the stick. On limited ammo it's useful, but it won't make a huge difference one way or the other. And I think quite a lot of people play with the stick already.

juz1
09-29-2009, 12:57 PM
personally its no biggy...If I have a shot then I want lots of metal upstream...
________
MERCEDES-BENZ 450SEL 6.9 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_450SEL_6.9)

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I am curious to know if the keyboard support is for a wireless/wired keyboard or the keyboard for the controller and if it is for ps3 and xbox.

I'm guessing it's just for PS3. Sony is way cooler about third party hardware then MS is, and the Xbox keyboard can only be used in combination with the controller, so I'd rather just keep playing with my flight stick. Plus, I don't think the keyboard will have a huge effect. There's not a whole lot we need, and the things certain people 'need' (i.e. feathering) is quite a big feature to suddenly put in the game. I'm just curious what extra's the keyboard will bring.

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I think i would be loosing out.....

i dont like to waste ammo, i like to get close (very close) to my target without him knowing im their, then open up. Im that close that im pretty much gauranteed to hit. So being able to choose between different weapons would help. In that situation i would just choose the cannons and save the MG's for when my cannons are dry.

So i would like the option of my joystick being able to select between dif loadouts :D

IF it wont happen then its no big deal, im quite happy with all guns firing as it is at the mo. My main concern is other issues gettig fixed such as the crashes and the P51 :D

King Jareth
09-29-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd never thought about the AV8R either....
Trigger for MG and one of the other buttons for cannon? (want to fire both you just hold em both obviously).

juz1
09-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Trigger for MG and one of the other buttons for cannon? (want to fire both you just hold em both obviously).

are you like a Hindu God or something? Most of us only have two hands...
________
List of chrysler factories specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Chrysler_factories)

King Jareth
09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
are you like a Hindu God or something? Most of us only have two hands...

Are you saying you cant pull the trigger on the AV8R with your finger and press one of the colour buttons with your thumb?...I'm pretty sure I can.

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 01:05 PM

I'd hate that. Rather just shoot both. I usually consider machine guns relatively useless anyways. Although using the rockets button as a machine gun button would be ok..:rolleyes:. Still, I'm not convinced that they'll be seperate options in the button layout.

juz1
09-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Are you saying you cant pull the trigger on the AV8R with your finger and press one of the colour buttons with your thumb?...I'm pretty sure I can.

not when one is flaps, one is rocket and one is bomb...
________
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I'd hate that. Rather just shoot both. I usually consider machine guns relatively useless anyways. Although using the rockets button as a machine gun button would be ok..:rolleyes:. Still, I'm not convinced that they'll be seperate options in the button layout.

Tell that to the guy who has a hurricane with 12 of them MG's chasing him unloading all them .303 rounds :D lol......................

providing he's in a bomber or something slow enough for the hurricane to catch lol. :-x

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Tell that to the guy who has a hurricane with 12 of them MG's chasing him unloading all them .303 rounds :D lol......................

providing he's in a bomber or something slow enough for the hurricane to catch lol. :-x

It's actually the reason I'm usually not that impressed with the Hurri ;). That and it's incredible speed of course.

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 01:22 PM
It's actually the reason I'm usually not that impressed with the Hurri ;). That and it's incredible speed of course.

:( why does everyone hate my damn hurricane!!! lol. :rolleyes:

Its ok if the year limit is set to 1940, then it can hold its own. Anything after that then it struggles :(

Also...with limited ammo on you'll find the hurricanes ammo lasts longer than most others :D those 12 MG's are not as weak as you think lol.

Ancient Seraph
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM

In a way it would be good if everybody hated your Hurri... as long as it is because you shoot them down :P.

P.S. This post is meant as a shameless bump to get the original update topic above guilty's :D. Apparently the troll struck again.

dazz1971
09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
In a way it would be good if everybody hated your Hurri... as long as it is because you shoot them down :P.

P.S. This post is meant as a shameless bump to get the original update topic above guilty's :D. Apparently the troll struck again.

allways happy to help :) bump:)

beaker126
09-29-2009, 04:20 PM

Its ok if the year limit is set to 1940, then it can hold its own. Anything after that then it struggles :(

Also...with limited ammo on you'll find the hurricanes ammo lasts longer than most others :D those 12 MG's are not as weak as you think lol.

I don't; how can you not love a plane described as "a collection of nonessential parts flying in close formation." It's a tough little bird and in the right hands it is effective.

FOZ_1983
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't; how can you not love a plane described as "a collection of nonessential parts flying in close formation." It's a tough little bird and in the right hands it is effective.

its very effective, it just lacks speed which is could really do with.

All in all though a nice aircraft to fly :D

King Jareth
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
not when one is flaps, one is rocket and one is bomb...

re-definable button layout with the update will fix that, I never use rockets or bombs anyway.

Ancient Seraph
09-30-2009, 06:07 PM
King Jareth, could you edit this in your original post (trying to keep 1 thread on the updates here):

All unlock conditions are decreased by 80% (i.e. original value divided by 5) except for the B17, "because it's special aircraft for community and we want to stay this aircraft as symbol of MP achievements." The conditions for the B17 have been decreased, but not by as much.
There have been no changes to the types of unlocks, so most unlocks remain MP-only.

(all taken from the original post on the dev's forum (http://forum.yuplay.com/index.php?showtopic=63&view=findpost&p=432).)

King Jareth
09-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up Seraph, its updated.

Robotic Pope
09-30-2009, 07:03 PM
So now it will be destroy 10 ground targets with rockets in a P-51D? Thats better but still a major pain.

Edit: Also I'm still hoping for word that the P-51B will get its name corrected to Mustang IA with its weapons corrected to cannons.

Flyboy69
10-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Will the German cockpits be fixed in the update?

fuzzychickens
10-01-2009, 03:21 AM

Did you fly hurri's when they first appeared in IL2?

If not, you missed the hurri party big time. The flight model was messed up at first and hurri's could climb much better than reality.

Online, pilots expecting to outclimb hurri-UFO's in 109's (even late war 109's) where getting shot down left and right. It was fun until the FM got fixed, then the hurri's sucked again and less people flew them after that.

ontheborderland
10-01-2009, 04:18 AM
I LOVE flying the Hurricane in this game, it's a pity that I so rarely find matches where it can hold its own.

In fact, I used to prefer the Spit over the Hurricane, but this game is beginning to change my mind.

On that, I spoke to a RAAF veteran who flew during the Battle of Britain, and he swore blind that the Hurricane was better than the Spit in almost every regard. Besides the obvious factors of wide wheel base etc. he swore it was faster (?!), far more maneuverable and that most RAAF and RAF pilots greatly preferred it to the Spit. Any idea if that sweeping generalisation has any truth to it?

Ancient Seraph
10-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Will the German cockpits be fixed in the update?

They should be. They were planning on adding most of the cockpits, but don't know the details.

Robotic Pope
10-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I LOVE flying the Hurricane in this game, it's a pity that I so rarely find matches where it can hold its own.

In fact, I used to prefer the Spit over the Hurricane, but this game is beginning to change my mind.

On that, I spoke to a RAAF veteran who flew during the Battle of Britain, and he swore blind that the Hurricane was better than the Spit in almost every regard. Besides the obvious factors of wide wheel base etc. he swore it was faster (?!), far more maneuverable and that most RAAF and RAF pilots greatly preferred it to the Spit. Any idea if that sweeping generalisation has any truth to it?

They both have good and bad points. I guess the pilots defended and so prefered the plane they flew whether it was a Spit or a Hurri. Even if a Hurri pilot got to fly a Spit for one day, he might still say "Its very nice but i prefer the hurricane" through his allegiance to the Hurricane.

A modern day aquivelent would be someone praising the model of car they have.

Or like fanboys defending their games console 360 v PS3. PS3 is more powerful but is it better? Thats debatable. Same with Spit V Hurri.

FOZ_1983
10-01-2009, 12:43 PM

In 1940, battle of britain...i'd take the hurricane. Attacking bombers and dogfighting it could hold its own and all was pretty even in a dogfight, nobody had a HUGE advantage.

Im a realist though,

so anything after 1940 and its a dogfight...i'll take the spit. As much as i love the hawker hurricane, i know that after the battle of britain it pretty much became obsolete as a fighter. The spitfire on the other hand didnt. It constantly got upgraded and turned into an excellent fighter plane, in my eyes...the best dogfighter.

to comment on whats in bold.....

The preffered the wider wheel base, because it made it much easier to land than a spitfire, and a lot less accidents occured because of it. :)

faster than what? It was faster than most of the bombers, but generally it was slower than the 110 and the 109 and spitfire. :(

the hurricane was able to out turn the spit and the 109 in 1940, due mainly to its wings and the thickness. If a 109 went into a turn, the hurricane could out do him :D

As robotic pope says though its always going to be a debate, much like the PS3 v 360, and like modrn days cars.

Another similar example would be the B17 flying fortress V the B24 liberator

Im not very knowledgable on heavy bombers, but i know the B17 was the one that caught the publics eye and imagination in america, yet the liberator could carry more bombs and fly higher (i think higher?).

On a side note - robotic pope, some good games last night mate, some great flying on your part :)

Robotic Pope
10-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks FOZ :) Everyone was great sports last night, Those games were probably the most fun I've had with this game so far. I don't really want to go back to realistic mode now, Sim is the best. And going Axis v Allies with planes common to each map added to it somewhat. I loved the battle we had over Stalingrad with the I16 and two I153's against all those Me109's and still winning.lol (Sorry about the Off topic)

Back on topic I prefer the hurricane over the spitfire mkII. Firing all those MG's is just so satisfying.

FOZ_1983
10-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks FOZ :) Everyone was great sports last night, Those games were probably the most fun I've had with this game so far. I don't really want to go back to realistic mode now, Sim is the best. And going Axis v Allies with planes common to each map added to it somewhat. I loved the battle we had over Stalingrad with the I16 and two I153's against all those Me109's and still winning.lol (Sorry about the Off topic)

Back on topic I prefer the hurricane over the spitfire mkII. Firing all those MG's is just so satisfying.

Have to agree, last nights games were the best by far that i've had!!

dover 1940 SpitMk2 v 109E

On sim mode made it all that more better because their was no red arrows or targets to assist. It was all visual. Made for some great games, and i look forward to trying it again :D

I was on the allied team everytime until the very last game when i switched to your side to fly the 109..... damn did i struggle lol. I kept thinking i was still in a spit. Superb games.

If we try that again, i wouldnt mind taking the hurricane this time :D

King Jareth
10-01-2009, 01:55 PM
damit I sat and watched a film with my wife....serves me right for indulging in "quality time"

dazz1971
10-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Have to agree, last nights games were the best by far that i've had!!

dover 1940 SpitMk2 v 109E

On sim mode made it all that more better because their was no red arrows or targets to assist. It was all visual. Made for some great games, and i look forward to trying it again :D

I was on the allied team everytime until the very last game when i switched to your side to fly the 109..... damn did i struggle lol. I kept thinking i was still in a spit. Superb games.

If we try that again, i wouldnt mind taking the hurricane this time :D

yea was a great game and proll the most fun ive had online with this game so far only prob for me was trying to tell my team mates from enemys lol so i had to dig out my specs (supposed to wear em all the time but dont) and then my play improved but after a few game made my eyes hurt just wish they wernt so small on the screen then i wouldnt have to sit so close ....

who was the guy i was chasing over dover we went up and over the cliffs round the radar towers low n fast lol that was intense also i chased some one round the docks they flew under the bridge wall thing i followed shot them then crashed into the wreckage under the bridge lol imense fun deffo be doing some more practise on sim mode from now on :grin:

FOZ_1983
10-01-2009, 02:12 PM
damit I sat and watched a film with my wife....serves me right for indulging in "quality time"

I feel for you mate i really do......

thats me tonight :(:cry::cry:

FOZ_1983
10-01-2009, 02:13 PM
yea was a great game and proll the most fun ive had online with this game so far only prob for me was trying to tell my team mates from enemys lol so i had to dig out my specs (supposed to wear em all the time but dont) and then my play improved but after a few game made my eyes hurt just wish they wernt so small on the screen then i wouldnt have to sit so close ....

who was the guy i was chasing over dover we went up and over the cliffs round the radar towers low n fast lol that was intense also i chased some one round the docks they flew under the bridge wall thing i followed shot them then crashed into the wreckage under the bridge lol imense fun deffo be doing some more practise on sim mode from now on :grin:

Over the comms it was an american talking, so i think it was "turbo x" or something like that.

Was gonig t otell you both that you cant fly under that bridge/pier on the docks....but i was to busy trying to shake the 109 off my 6 lol.

Soulsurfer
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Some good games last night indeed! I especially liked the comical remarks from that american dude when someone got on his six :) Good chilled atmosphere and great flying.

FOZ_1983
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Some good games last night indeed! I especially liked the comical remarks from that american dude when someone got on his six :) Good chilled atmosphere and great flying.

haha yeah good times!!

at one point, i saw a spitfire getting chased, so i jumped on the tail of the enemy chasing him...only to realise that i was shooting at another spitfire, who had infact spent the best part of 30 seconds chasing and tryig to destroy another spitfire.... hahaha, that was hilarious!!

Marchochias
10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Anyone know when the update is coming out?

mattmanB182
10-02-2009, 01:23 AM
I think in about a month at the latest.

Ancient Seraph
10-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I think in about a month at the latest.

Agreed. At this point it's probably at MS and Sony being checked out. I think I'm gonna freeze myself in the snow until the update is here. Just be sure to wake me up, else I'll end up in a war against sea otters :o.

ChankyChank
10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Don't worry seraphim you can use the time crank device to call yourself in the past if something goes wrong.

me.too
10-02-2009, 12:55 PM
No, no, no! This device is for prank calls only! :lol:

Ancient Seraph
10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Don't worry seraphim you can use the time crank device to call yourself in the past if something goes wrong.

It might explain the strange missed call yesterday :rolleyes:.