PDA

View Full Version : No landing gear in CTA

trk29
09-28-2009, 01:03 AM
I was playing CTA this morning and came in to hot and knocked my right side landing gear off, so i continued to land, slowed down and set my right wing on the ground and it didn't rip off I actually captured the airfield. I tried to take off and when I got up speed my plane nosed over but the wing never came off.

Has anyone else had this happen? I will post a picture of it in the morning. I love the feature of being able to take a screen shot.

EDIT: here is the pic and a couple more just to show you the goodness of this save screenshot feature.

Now all I need is for guiltyspark to say this is some stupid non innovative useless feature of the PS3:-P
Yes that is a yak 1B
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/timmykeith29/IL-2%20BOP/IL-2SturmovikBirdsOfPrey.png
MC 202 I love this little plane it is beautiful.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/timmykeith29/IL-2%20BOP/IL-2SturmovikBirdsOfPrey_2.png
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/timmykeith29/IL-2%20BOP/IL-2SturmovikBirdsOfPrey_1.png

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
09-28-2009, 01:39 AM
wow, very nice. Whenever I come in to hot, both my wheels fly off, so I've never had the chance to try it.

trk29
09-28-2009, 01:42 AM
wow, very nice. Whenever I come in to hot, both my wheels fly off, so I've never had the chance to try it.

I was also a little off level.

Zeroptimus
09-28-2009, 07:33 AM
I actually lost both my wheels while coming in way too fast in an I-153 on Realistic. I managed to ski to a stop and capture the airfield, but with no wheels, I couldn't build speed to take off. However...yes! It is possible!

Ancient Seraph
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
I managed to ski to a stop and capture the airfield, but with no wheels, I couldn't build speed to take off.
Ya think!? :P. That would be the top, being able to take off without any gear.

InfiniteStates
09-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I was playing CTA this morning and came in to hot and knocked my right side landing gear off, so i continued to land, slowed down and set my right wing on the ground and it didn't rip off I actually captured the airfield. I tried to take off and when I got up speed my plane nosed over but the wing never came off.

Has anyone else had this happen? I will post a picture of it in the morning. I love the feature of being able to take a screen shot.

Yeah, I've done this as well. It was pretty tense while capturing hoping that no OpFor would come to give me grief! I didn't bother trying to take off though, I just bailed :)

More importantly though - how do you take screenshots?! Is it an actual game feature like Battlefield Bad Company/Wipeout, or are you just hooked up to a PC?

trk29
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I've done this as well. It was pretty tense while capturing hoping that no OpFor would come to give me grief! I didn't bother trying to take off though, I just bailed :)

More importantly though - how do you take screenshots?! Is it an actual game feature like Battlefield Bad Company/Wipeout, or are you just hooked up to a PC?

It is a PS3 only feature (game feature). Hit the ps button scroll over to the camera icon and scroll down to take screenshot.

trk29
09-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Edited my first post.

Steyr_amr
09-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Happened to me yesterday actually, though I was messing around at low level and snapped the left main off against a railway. My girlfriend who tends to watch me play while she's reading said the look on my face was priceless, sort of an "oops... how am I supposed to land now?" kind of expression.

I'm also Yakking away at capture the airfield working towards the IL-4, not going particularly well but in time, in time...

trk29
09-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Happened to me yesterday actually, though I was messing around at low level and snapped the left main off against a railway. My girlfriend who tends to watch me play while she's reading said the look on my face was priceless, sort of an "oops... how am I supposed to land now?" kind of expression.

I'm also Yakking away at capture the airfield working towards the IL-4, not going particularly well but in time, in time...

Yes I am also going for the IL-4. I need that and two of the 109's.

House MD 221B
09-28-2009, 12:54 PM
try doing it with the ME-163 the landing is easy but the take-off is a little hairy :) (try it in sim)

Voyager
09-28-2009, 02:02 PM
A few days ago, on the PC version, I was landing after a quick mission in the Tempest. I sort of missed the runway, and managed to knock the tail wheel off. I was down, and I was well and truly stuck.

Then there was that one flight where I got a little too close on a head-on pass, and his vertical stabilizer raked the underside of my wing, and tore out the gear on that side. That was an exciting landing. I'm trying to remember what plane it was in. I was thinking it was during my Yak-1B period, but now I'm recall it had the squared off radiator. I think it may actually have been a plain-Jane Yak-9.

Harry Voyager

beaker126
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
try doing it with the ME-163 the landing is easy but the take-off is a little hairy :) (try it in sim)

If you actually got it off the ground I applaud you sir. :cool:

InfiniteStates
09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
It is a PS3 only feature (game feature). Hit the ps button scroll over to the camera icon and scroll down to take screenshot.
OMFG Is it a firmware feature then? Maybe 3.00 did do something right...

I'm gonna have to investigate this later. Uber-kudos to Sony if it's now a general feature. It was sweet in the other games I previously mentioned...

And kudos to trk29 for educating me :)

Dubbedinenglish
09-29-2009, 02:30 AM
OMFG Is it a firmware feature then? Maybe 3.00 did do something right...

I'm gonna have to investigate this later. Uber-kudos to Sony if it's now a general feature. It was sweet in the other games I previously mentioned...

And kudos to trk29 for educating me :)

It's been in there for a while, but like custom soundtracks, it is up for the dev to use. IL-2 is the first that I can think of to use XMB screenshots, it has been there even in the demo.

BadByte
09-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Any one else noticed Stuka's legs in relastic are very brittle? land it at -5 feet/min and the legs gets ripped off

Steyr_amr
09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Any one else noticed Stuka's legs in relastic are very brittle? land it at -5 feet/min and the legs gets ripped off

Have done, always land gingerly with a Spit or 109 because I'm aware of the narrow track and so try to be gentle. But get caught out thinking "big ol' Stuky here can take a rough touchdown" ... crack

Zeroptimus
09-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Have done, always land gingerly with a Spit or 109 because I'm aware of the narrow track and so try to be gentle. But get caught out thinking "big ol' Stuky here can take a rough touchdown" ... crack

And that's why I fly an IL whenever I'm playing CTA! You can pretty much drop on to the runway and survive...and for you guys talking about taking off in the Me 163, Axe99 and I spent a 10 minute match trying that. Of course, the majority of it was us trying to land it near the Sicily coast. I nearly took off (Getting it up to 56mph was an achievement for me) but of course it crashed.

GabeFan
10-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Yes I am also going for the IL-4. I need that and two of the 109's.

I will be trying again at CTA with the Yak as I'm also going for the IL-4. I played one match of CTA tonite but I didn't really know what I was doing?

Can someone fill me in on what exactly needs to be done on this game?? I was playing a 2-2 match but didn't know if I should be shooting down planes or trying to land or what. I didn't last long...

Ancient Seraph
10-09-2009, 09:08 AM
I will be trying again at CTA with the Yak as I'm also going for the IL-4. I played one match of CTA tonite but I didn't really know what I was doing?

Can someone fill me in on what exactly needs to be done on this game?? I was playing a 2-2 match but didn't know if I should be shooting down planes or trying to land or what. I didn't last long...

The goal is obviously to capture the airfield. At the start of a match, when you see a teammate landing, it's wise to see if you can shoot down some enemies over the airfield or, more importantly someone landing. Once you've captured the airfield your main goal is to shoot anyone that looks like he's landing. If the enemy captured the airfield it's tricky to regain it, especially in 2v2, and even more so if the spawn timer isn't set high. Usually I'd say, land with 2 people or more, but well, since you're with only 2, your best bet would be to take out the enemy person that tries to bomb/rocket/vulch your mate the most, giving him a chance to land. Be careful though, if you see he doesn't land at all, the task is up to you.

Tudorp15
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Yes, I landed like this a few times, however, have not been able to take off afterwards. I was on line goofing around with a friend and he landed with one gear torn off, came to a complete stop, then took off. he spun around when he WEPd it for takeoff, but quickly wobbled and got straight then lifted off. I can not remember what plane he was in though..

GabeFan
10-09-2009, 12:24 PM
The goal is obviously to capture the airfield. At the start of a match, when you see a teammate landing, it's wise to see if you can shoot down some enemies over the airfield or, more importantly someone landing. Once you've captured the airfield your main goal is to shoot anyone that looks like he's landing. If the enemy captured the airfield it's tricky to regain it, especially in 2v2, and even more so if the spawn timer isn't set high. Usually I'd say, land with 2 people or more, but well, since you're with only 2, your best bet would be to take out the enemy person that tries to bomb/rocket/vulch your mate the most, giving him a chance to land. Be careful though, if you see he doesn't land at all, the task is up to you.

Thanks for the CTA lesson AS! I'll give it a try again this weekend...

Tudorp15
10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
CTA is my favorite on line game play. I have to admit that I have become quite good at CTA. I don't typically brag, but since I suck so bad in air to air battles, I will brag over my landings, and strike competence, lol..

Anyway, I played my first CTA the other day in SIM mode, and even thought I was not optimistic about it in SIM, I had a freaking BLAST, and it adds so much more in SIM mode. Since it is ALL visual (as it was back in the era), it is challenging and fun as hell to seek out a foe that is landed. On the other hand, it is a hoot to hide from them when you are on the ground. Buzzing the airfield trying to spot a foe was simply fun. When the tables turned, and I took my landing, taxi around and find yourself a good hiding spot that will camoflage your aircraft from seeking eyes of the enemy is also a challenge, and a fun one... It was truly fun, and I wish I could convince me regular team to play SIM more, but they are scared to...ahhah

Thanks for the CTA lesson AS! I'll give it a try again this weekend...