PDA

View Full Version : completed quest fails as a result of another quest

loreangelicus
09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
It is a given that some quests would fail if you kill the quest person. Case in point, the miller who turned into a zombie; if you kill him at any time during the quest, then you fail that quest.

What is not immediately transparent is that a quest that has already been completed successfully could change to a failed quest due to a related quest. This happened to me for The Enthrallment of Bogis quest. I decided to attack Squelch and raise King Mark's flag on everyone's castles/houses. After defeating Squelch, and when you talk to Bagaba (which is a required dialogue path for Bogis' Problem), The Enthrallment of Bogis quest turned from completed to failed (see screenshot below).

Just a fair bit of warning, especially for those trying for a good score as only completed quests count. I actually thought killing Squelch would help out my score since you get something like 380 XP for wiping out his army, which is a pretty good amount of XP for that point of the game. But since that seemed to result to a failed quest, I reloaded and didn't fight him.

I'm actually not sure if this is a bug or not, and if it is a bug, if the quest tagged as failed actually still counted as a completed quest for the record, but it's better safe than sorry, and the XP gain is really not that much if you take a look at XP gains later on.

BB Shockwave
09-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Generally I think it's better idea to do the quest then to attack Squelch. I'm fairly sure that Bagaba only gives you the "Rotten Butory" quest after you have done Squelch's quest - until you report back to Squelch about you hoisting your flag on Bogis' hut, You can only tell Bagaba "we'll see what Squelch has to say about this".

Darn Frogmen and their silly family feud! :D

On a side note, after some running around, I came to the surprising discovery that the best option for settling the Cook family Feud is to choose the eldest brother... While the others offer you money and a map, respectively (which leads to... pretty much only more money) and the eldest guy's offer that he will "let you live" doesn't sound charming, when I gave the bandana to him, he and all two of his brother started selling stuff to me. I lose some XP for defeating the two other brothers, but him and the youngest brother were selling such very usefully spells as Resurrection, Phantom and Lighting. Of course I guess this is a random thing, so it's best to save before giving him the bandana.

Zhuangzi
09-25-2009, 11:05 AM
That Bogis quest used to really confuse me. I think I ended up losing it in my first 2 games. There is only one way you can successfully complete the quest, and if you do anything out of order you lose. This sucks. Luckily most of the quests in KB aren't like this. :)

Razorflame
09-25-2009, 05:29 PM
u just have to report after each quest;-)
^^